Gear Thrawn or save for the next meta?

Hi friends! Hope Valentine's Day treated you all well and you are enjoying B1. Title says it all really, for context, I run a fast (+160 Revan) JKR squad and have a daily crystal income of about 700 from fleet and squad. I'll be skipping the droids, but should be able to pick up the likely Darth Revan/Malak with little-to-no cash investment (Canderous 7*, BSF 6* and 94, 3 refreshes each daily since F2P launch + $10 pack). For whatever reason I've never invested in Thrawn, but due to saving all my gear for the past month I can shoot him straight to 12 from 7.

My guild just started on HSTR and I have nothing other than Revan and sort-of CLS that can reliably beat Traya teams (no threepio), Thrawn would change that. Worth it? Or wait it out? Thanks so much!

Gear Thrawn or save for the next meta? 45 votes

Dude he's the best character in the game, how have you waited this long?
88%
Sarcodinovadess40ColliiGreenGoblin96Mr_SausageJasFonzFahriusCombatCommander7DarthNekrosfloppytechieSentiaRichfxxxDroidekaUdalCuainkyp888MorambarJaVCnPapanakadakaloAleSahnDroh_1979VonZant 40 votes
Safe money is on Darth Revan being around the corner, hang on a little longer!
11%
LordDirtShokNgHNihionJabaDHung 5 votes

Replies

• Dude he's the best character in the game, how have you waited this long?
    Gear him. Well worth it. He’s useful in all sorts of game modes. Although I wouldn’t call him the best character in the game.
    He is definitely worth it, no matter whats meta.
    Hes great with palp lead, traya lead, troopers, various raid teams, even with cls rebels.. Thats the beat value for your buck.
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Gear him. Well worth it. He’s useful in all sorts of game modes. Although I wouldn’t call him the best character in the game.

I would
    Not very often I can vote without much thought.
  • Gear up Thrawn. He is a super versatile character that works in a number of squads.

Looking for a better guild?

Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 34 members / 82,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I would

Fair enough.
    Meta is usually (not always, but often) Thrawn +4 others.

Gear him asap
    I'd say Thrawn still might be the best all purpose character in the game. Revan is undoubtedly the strongest when in a full Jedi team, but put him on any other team and he's dead weight. The great thing about Thrawn is while he has a bit of Empire synergy, it isn't required for him to be good. He can work in just about any team you can't find a 5th for.
    I would say that his zetas are not necessary and I still get top 20 in fleet without them or Falcon. But yeah - worth gear and great mods for certain.