Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Gorem wrote: »
    I’m curious to know who at CG thought players would be happy with this.

Whoever thought we'd be happy and find banning characters in TW fun I bet, lol.

Or that we'd be happy with the price doubling on marque packs.

The community wanted Finn to change right? Noone had said Change Traya right? Feedback doesn't really exist in this game. People said don't touch Finn. People said Touch Traya. And what happens? xD

I'm all for the zeta Refund, I wanted to try out the Finn Rebel squad in arena, but that's been neutered now. Finns entire usefulness has been neutered. I had done him before for help in my dps in Haat, and also to help win in GA/TW, and now... He's pointless to use.

There's literally a megathread on here of people begging and suggesting ideas without touching Finn's leader.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • w33d_s33k3r
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Is this some kind of joke?!? Reworking a 3 years old character cuz of the release of a new character who "is not working as intended" GREAT JOB!!! Now You screwed up my only good Light Side team cuz of a character that i won't have in the next year or so... lovely!!! Thats a great way to deal with fails!! I want a zeta refund! And the next time You guys release new character make sure that You won't have to rework half of the game just to make sure that this new character "is working as intended"! Thank You!... and don't forget for the zeta refund!

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • I think the community has made it abundantly clear that this calls for a refund of his zeta. To have already decided otherwise is ludicrous.
  • Can you tell us what team was used internally that got 20% of HSTR?
  • Do yourself a daka and refund the zeta
  • Creating a separate post for this, because I'd really like a response from @CG_TopHat, and I won't get one in the megathread, because that's a huge pit of rage (some justified, some definitely not).

Like the title says, can Finn still auto P2-4 of the HAAT? I've been in the change P3 Traya camp since Day 1, since I was afraid any change to zFinn's leader would affect his HAAT status, which is what I really care about.

They said they didn't like him possibly solo'ing P3, but they also specifically stated they were cool with him solo'ing the HAAT, which made me extremely happy. Both the HAAT and Sith Raid were long and boring, and only having one long and boring raid has been so nice.

I know you guys tested him extensively in the HAAT, so can you let us know what you found?

Thanks
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • zaljko_petrescu
    109 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Why can’t I get a zeta refund?

Finn is awful now.

While you’re at it, go ahead and give me my zeta’s back from the suddenly useless 3PO as well.

I’ll need all of them for the mandatory POS known as Revan - because, you know, his OP nonsensical abilities in arena aren’t a problem or anything.

At least not for CG because they want to reward all the whales that shelled out $600 to get him 🙄

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • You know they’re not going to let him solo the HAAT.

Guess it’s back to the other teams that can solo the whole HAAT with no problem 🙄
  • This is the right move to avoid all future raids being tm looped with the same team. But they have to give a refund zeta option to make it right.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    Does the rework beat Revan?

That is all I'm interested in and I couldn't care less about Finn in raids (HAAT, srsly???).

Yes, I do have Revan and I think Revan mirror matches are probably the worst since I started playing this game, long ago.

So, the question is, does the new Finn beat Revan?

no. they are too fast and will resist TMR.

even against FO, it looks questionable due to the speed they have.

Right, though, here's what CG said:

"These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP, but his changes do offer the team some additional utility and a slight improvement in their PvP presence. With ramping damage now present on Finn’s basic ability and his 2nd special ability, the longer he can stay alive and the more turns he can take, the more potent he becomes. Determination goes a long way in making this a reality, as it provides not only an additional means of spreading damage around the team by providing Finn with the ability to Taunt, but also grants him Retribution which can give him a few free hits to ramp up damage on his basic ability. While these changes haven’t brought the Resistance squad into the current competitive meta, they can more handily dispose of teams such as Kylo Ren (Unmasked)-led First Order and General Kenobi-led Jedi."

My sole interest in ZFinn is pvp, giving me a somewhat reliable and fast way of beating Revan.

It seems that does drastically change his pvp performance. And it's not just against "one team".

There is more to PvP than arena. There are more teams used in PvP content than Revan.

so changing the interaction with a single (or 2 teams) is not a drastic change to their PvP performance.

I dont see him getting enough hits to make the bonus damage mean anything. I also dont see the TM gain against revan being enough to counter all the speed and TM gain on a revan team.

I could be wrong about FO, but to get it going before you only needed Poe to be faster, now you will probably need more speed in general. so while it may be doable, its likely going to need changes to the whole team to be able to "handily dispose" of teams you could take down before.

IMHO

If Revan wasnt meta , you'd have a valid point , but changing the way a team interacts with the Meta , absolutely affects their pvp usage, im sorry.

This
  • Wrong! zeta Finn beats Revan... more than Revan beats Revan. Just because youtubers don’t know it doesn’t mean it isn’t real! Knights of Ren has known this tech since 3PO came out!
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    You guys killed my arena Revan killer so that you could prevent your Sith raid? Instead of fixing Treya's mechanic, you completely destroyed zFinn. Give me back the G12 gear, the zetas, and everything else I invested in the old Finn many, many months ago. You have made a new toon with a completely different and just given him the name Finn.
    Pathetic CG. I expected better from you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It's very simple. Instead if fixing the problem (the raid) they create a bigger problem (breaking Finn) that also happens to fix the original problem. Why? Obviously because Finn broke the Revan paywall.

So the _only_ different flavour in arena besides Revan is gone. But if you grow tired of that flavour now, not to worry! The next paywall is just around the corner...

The sad thing is that it's not _just_ about breaking the only viable Revan counter. It's also about alm the resources I've put into other things since I had a reliable Revan counter. If this happened earlier, I would have had Revan. Even a zeta refund does not fix this.
  • @bulldog1205 i eagerly await your follow up video!
    @CG_TopHat so the 20% p3 of sith raid team is still using 3po but with other resistance?
    Im sad to see the change, but it was leading to a lot of weirdness regarding the sith raid, we have 8 c3pos, but decided not to use the cheese just because we knew this change was coming.
    Anyway, Finn getting a taunt if Poe goes under 50% health is great and the increased damage is also a good deal.
    The part regarding his viability against general kenobi lead is laughable and out of touch.

Oh, if you thought it was weird before just wait...this place is about to implode...

Video uploading
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    KM1 wrote: »
    You guys killed my arena Revan killer so that you could prevent your Sith raid? Instead of fixing Treya's mechanic, you completely destroyed zFinn. Give me back the G12 gear, the zetas, and everything else I invested in the old Finn many, many months ago. You have made a new toon with a completely different and just given him the name Finn.
    And I want my C3PO zetas back too, please. You have done all this to avoid having to fix your raid and to avoid having a team that could contend in the arena? Is CG actively trying to REDUCE arena diversity??

Post edited by Kyno on
  • KM1 wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    You guys killed my arena Revan killer so that you could prevent your S*it (oops SIth.... no got it right the first time) raid? Instead of fixing Treya's mechanic, you completely destroyed zFinn. Give me back the G12 gear, the zetas, and everything else I invested in the old Finn many, many months ago. You have made a new toon with a completely different and just given him the name Finn.
    And I want my C3PO zetas back too, please. You have done all this to avoid having to fix your raid and to avoid having a team that could contend in the arena? Is CG actively trying to REDUCE arena diversity??

More like I think CG is trying to kill their game.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Instead of trying to appeal to CG here on the forums im going to give this game 1* in the playstore and write a comment in regards to unethical switch and bait tactics of the devs. I have been playing for 9month and this change really hurts. I only have 7 7* Resistance characters. I cant run 2 full Resistance teams, if the zeta is not refunded it is wasted. This change causes me to lose a great TW/GA attack team. An easy HAAT solo (the raid is boring as hell, zFinn was a huge time saver), a great Revan counter in the arena and its not going to help me in HSTR since i already have my resistance squad in P1. By doing this sort of unethical stuff CG will lose paying customers. This is just disgusting.

Good idea, think I might join you there. Maybe if CG doesn't actually listen to the player base then maybe hitting them in the pockets will let them know how displeased we are.

Absolutely. Just one starred the game. CG has just further reduced arena diversity!
  • everyone is so quick to bash but this is most definitely a slight buff to his kit in pvp.
  • Zeta refund, we never agreed to this garbage.
  • They also said paper zombie was wai and here we are de ja vu
  • guys.. please read the rework carefully.
    +3% TM for each resistance ally (total = +15%)
    -5% on enemy for each resistance on your team (total = -25%)
    that's a 40% tm swing on top of poe's TM removal.

And THEN there is stacking damage?! This is such a buff!
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    guys.. please read the rework carefully.

Except against revan who is the only team that matters in the arena. Good luck landing that -25% on any enemy units in a revan team lol.
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    guys.. please read the rework carefully.

Finn is good. Finn cannot solo P3 of the Sith Raid or the Tank Raid. He cannot beat Revan anymore. Those are the 3 primary uses he had right now, and they are gone. Him being good anywhere else, possibly even better, is not going to register.
  • Wiggensbog
    49 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Except against revan who is the only team that matters in the arena. Good luck landing that -25% on any enemy units in a revan team lol.

I mean.. resistance get +60% potency from the leader ability. That's amazing on its own.
    And idk why you'd be using finn in arena anyway
  • Seeking clarification. Do the TM gains and removals only fire if a RESISTANCE ally does damage to an enemy with expose? Or if any ally does damage to an enemy with expose?

Let’s pretend I continued using zFinn, raid Han, cls, BB-8 and c-3po. Will the Tm adjustments only fire if a resistance ally hits the expose?
  • @CG_TopHat Can you tell us what team was used internally that got 20% of HSTR? I know results will be different but I want to know what team I should aim to use now with the changes coming up.
  • Because zFinn/3PO beats Revan (correction: used to after this NERF)
    @Wiggensbog
  • @Shalazar
    Oh so you've tested it already?
  • Dhuriya24
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    " So, while looping the turns may be a bit more difficult, Finn-led Resistance teams in general will take more turns. "

" With ramping damage now present on Finn’s basic ability and his 2nd special ability, the longer he can stay alive and the more turns he can take, the more potent he becomes. "

...I want to be respectful...but do they not play this game...? Resistance characters that are actually able to expose enemies are some of the most fragile characters in the game and their base speed can not compare to that of Traya and Revan teams :|

Also, ramping damage on a Tank...? Like Stormtrooper...? One of the worst zetas in the game? Because its ramping damage on a Tank...?

The advantage of increased damage the longer a battle goes on is a complete joke when the entire team is going to be dead before they get a turn.

Now I guess everyone who doesnt have Revan needs to get CLS to like 330 speed to compete against him.
  • Haat was soloable long before the zfinn/3po interaction. It was kind of a cheese mechanic anyway.
This discussion has been closed.