Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Your sith raid is a year old and it’s garbage, quit nerfing characters because you guys are incompetent.
  • Amnesia021 wrote: »
    hopefully this doesn't get lost in the fire...

Is his TM removal checked by tenacity? or can it not be resisted?

It didn't say "can not be resisted" so it is resistable
  • Does it say when is the change? Too much text and I’m not sure if I missed and I’m to lazy to read it a fourth time

I understand the need for the change and in some level I agree cause it made the game laggy and always was afraid of it crashing
    But About the Z they should reconsider, it was one of my first Zs and I don’t regret it and I still use it beyond P3 of STR, and now I’m not sure if it could work, it was a great team for GA and TW, even TB for the more newer players, so with this change players should entitled to decide wether they still want it or not

And not just that, we need to re-mod the Resistance to play around the new strategy, which we should as well get compensated for (enough mod slicing materials for 6 mods and credits at least)

@CG_Carrie please reconsider the Z aspect!
  • One of my earliest Zetas is on finn, and it now seems to be largely irrelevant because of a change you made. If this was just new characters and a changing meta making him irrelevant I wouldnt complain, that's how things god. But you created characters that made him super powerful, and a raid which feeds those characters and abilities, and got mad when we used them... this was on you CG, start to finish. You absolutely better rethink the zeta refund.

Are you prepared for the backlash you are about to receive? The fact that you announced you wouldn't refund the zeta tells me you already know everyone is bbn going to demand it... just so the right thing for once, fix the problem you created. Refund the zeta.
  • Looks like you made Finn leadership useless. I zetad him ages ago for pvp. You claim this doesn't change anything, but I don't see how he keeps the expose train going with 15% TM gain and a 35% resistable TMR. Which is his only purpose as a leader. I want my zeta back.

Or you know what? You could just roll trayas stacking tenacity over into when she's toppled and call it a day without breaking a toon that has been WAI for almost 2 years now.
  • My only question is, can he still get me 60 banners against first order teams?

Doubtful. Not enough tm gain to keep you going while they sit there. He was one of my first Zetas and now he won't work the same. There were so many other ways to end the loop
    1)take away traya topple, no other sith lord topples
    2) add tenacity to traya, no other p3 strat relies on debuffs
    3)swap rebeles(Expose) in c3's kit with resistance(CD) which makes more sense any way...

Why ruin a toon that was good as he was? That would be like taking half of rex tm on crit away and saying hes unchanged.
  • These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP, but his changes do offer the team some additional utility and a slight improvement in their PvP presence.

I have no idea how you can make this statement with any shred of credibility - this completely nerfs the expose ability that would let zFinn take down many more powerful teams without letting them counter/upset the Finn/Poe/RT trio. This is a massive nerf that totally undermines the kit. I'd like to see this new team routinely take down Traya teams - which it can do now with enough speed to get started. I don't see how this is even remotely possible now.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Massena777 wrote: »
    So the only reason I zeta'd this character is now gone. We should get the zeta refunded just like with the daka refund with the zombie rework.
    They said as soon as they discovered the loop that they were going to change it to not work. If you put a zeta on Finn knowing that he was going to be nerfed, that is on you.

I mean I don’t know about Massena but I zetaed Finn long before C3PO came out. The reason they’re referring to might just be the high turn meter gain, not specifically in the HSTR. I am initially crestfallen, but I am trying to be optimistic and reserving judgement until I try it out and see how it functions in game. I do appreciate the increased potency in his leader ability, as well as the change to his second ability.
  • Okay, here’s my thoughts, though I doubt anyone will care.
    They first of all seemed to ignore the majority of the people here who (in my opinion) wanted Traya changed rather then Finn. So yeah, not too excited that they ignored that.
    However, his reworked kit seems very good. His all around resistance heal seems very powerful, and he might be able to even be used in a full resistance team to do big damage in raids even without C3PO, which is good news to me who hasn’t unlocked the golden droid. Increasing damage on both his damage dealing abilities screams raid viability. I’m just wondering what team he’ll work best with in raids.
    What I don’t like is the fact that they took away the ability to gain turn meter even if a nonresistance team member hit expose. That drastically reduces his viability, especially in arena versus revan and such.
    I love his taunt. Every tank in the game in my opinion should have taunt (except vandor Chewbacca, his kit is a little different).
    Lastly, I don’t like how little turn meter they gain compared to how they used to get.
    All in all, I think it’s a good rework, and I think for a full resistance team it doesn’t reduce his viability. I am actually impressed at how well they changed him, though many will disagree.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Amnesia021 wrote: »
    hopefully this doesn't get lost in the fire...

Is his TM removal checked by tenacity? or can it not be resisted?

Good question, given JTR can reduce DN's TM in STR, I doubt they will give 2 team members the chance to tag team tm reduction? But... DS and DT resist her TM reduction, maybe Finn will reduce theirs?
  • KiAdiMonte
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Some clarification questions for the devs:

Is the 3% turn meter gain for Resistance allies flat, or is that also per each Resistance ally?

Does the turn meter removal rely on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose, or is it unresistable?

Also, when can we expect these changes to be implemented? Will he remain unchanged for the remainder of this Grand Arena and Territory War?
  • The zeta got destroyed, and I want it refunded like the Daka one.
  • This is the worst rework that I have seen so far in this game. I want my zeta back because I see no point in using him as lead anymore.
  • Sith raid aside, Finn with han, chewie, resistance trooper, and c3po was my consistant revan counter. I can live with fixing the raid infinite loop. Simple solution in my mind was buff tenacity on toppled bosses. Now I have to figure out how to beat a massively OP toon again. Not thrilled with this fix.....at all
  • Seems like a terrible exchange. I absolutely loved the ability to finally auto the HAAT. This raid is an epic time sink. If you’re taking away the Finn mechanic, at least let us sim it the way you’ve stated you will the Rancor raid.

As for his PvP viability, it would be nice to actually see it in action. First read through, he seems MUCH LESS viable. Pilot and Rose still have pretty poor kits and I’m not going to dismantle my RJT team for him.

Tl;dr I want my zeta back
  • I respectfully request the back. I feel this was handled inappropriately.
  • Are you out of your mind?
    The issue was interaction in raids.

You don't need to destroy a good character because you don't know how to solve the issue.

Limiting the TM gain in RAIDS and ONLY RAIDS would be enough, but destroying Finn leader for other areas of the game, come on.

Solve this issue ASAP, we are loyal players and BUYERS, don't spit in our trust and CASH.
  • Zeta back please.
  • Idocracy
  • KiAdiMonte wrote: »
    Some clarification questions for the devs:

Is the 3% turn meter gain for Resistance allies flat, or is that also per each Resistance ally?

Does the turn meter removal rely on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose?

Also, when can we expect these changes to be implemented? Will he remain unchanged for the remainder of this Grand Arena and Territory War?

3% per each Resistance ally. Turn meter removal is reliant on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose. Changes should be soon - it's always tough for us to guarantee a date, but my hope is within the next two weeks.
  • Will z Finn Poe BB8 trooper pilot be a worse team now?
  • The changes are ok but really the zeta should be refunded. Let people decide if they want to have Zeta Finn after these significant changes.
  • Zeta Refund.
  • Finn was my second zeta and helped me climb to #1 a few times in arena. Unfortunately his kit is gutted. It’s a little disappointing to say the least but I respect the decision. No point in everyone complaining and demanding refunds on zetas
  • I want to see how a zFinn can kill a FO team? If they can’t even do that this is bull
  • Also to say pvp won't change much is very misleading Finn's while point was to be used to grant tm advantage now resistance at best is a c- minus team was it cheap of me to use him to beat traya yeah it was but you left him go until c3po came out he's nerfed bar none who cares if he's good in raids rancor is soloable still so is haat. And I doubt he will put up an real.good numbers in hstr. And even if he does your going.to have to gear him to 12 to make him effective.......I want my zeta back
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    Finn was my second zeta and helped me climb to #1 a few times in arena. Unfortunately his kit is gutted. It’s a little disappointing to say the least but I respect the decision. No point in everyone complaining and demanding refunds on zetas
    If we say nothing, we aren't getting the zeta back. Even if you agree with the change, his kit is different enough to warrant the refund.
  • This is laughable, you have changed my investment, years after the time of its release, and are refusing to refund the investment. Since it no longer resembles what i invested in,Reconsider this ridiculousness, you wanna nerf a chatacter 3 years after release, YOU NEED TO REFUND THE INVESTMENT. Its not our fault your company can't or wont test new content with the most basic intetaction. This is a cg failure not the players, test better especially with the best non heroic toon of the faction , i mean really?
    So that one of the least important characters in sw lore can be some super bot. Its a joke, nerfing and banning toons is never the right move. With the release of jtr you devalued zfinn, then when we got extra resistance toons, it made zfinn usuable again in tw and ga now, you fixed that. Whatever his new kit is , it doesn't matter, refund our investment and let us choose whether or not we want to invest in this new toon.
    You already stopped my spending with your bad business practices of devaluing our investments, this is just another example of how out of touch yall are.
    You have changed the way my resources were invested, and since this is a resource management game (right kyno) that is unacceptable on any level. Test your toons better, end of story.
This discussion has been closed.