Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• If hes doing 20% of p3 I'm ok with changes that phase I friggin hate. Zeta totally worth 20% you guys are nuts. And that's their testing , wait until Skelturix and mcmole get ahold of him maybe be in the 30+
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    KiAdiMonte wrote: »
    Some clarification questions for the devs:

Is the 3% turn meter gain for Resistance allies flat, or is that also per each Resistance ally?

Does the turn meter removal rely on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose?

Also, when can we expect these changes to be implemented? Will he remain unchanged for the remainder of this Grand Arena and Territory War?

3% per each Resistance ally. Turn meter removal is reliant on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose. Changes should be soon - it's always tough for us to guarantee a date, but my hope is within the next two weeks.

Wait , so this nerf/fix still isnt done?
    You can ruin it more?
  • I want a refund on his zeta since its not proven useful..

You've used it, hence it has been useful. Your logic is flawed.
  • I’m curious to know who at CG thought players would be happy with this.
  • Well you broke finn now
  • "We look forward to your feedback" but we're going to announce these changes end of day Friday.
    Yup, makes sense to me!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Zfinn with fast Poe was able to take down nearly any team it was faster than.

35% TM gain down to 3% TM gain. They can make his basic gain 4x damage per hit it doesn't matter.

Rose Zeta >>> Finn Zeta
  • Massena777 wrote: »
    So the only reason I zeta'd this character is now gone. We should get the zeta refunded just like with the daka refund with the zombie rework.

It was said something would be done immediately. If you zeta'd him any, that's on you. You still have a very good team good tw/ga. Move on.
  • Rofl, wait until you guys see what you have to do to solo P3. You all are going to flip out...

I tried to warn you CG. I really did...
  • Thank you CG! It sounds fair !
  • What a joke. Made him useless. Who's driving the ship over there? Might be time for some fresh air.
  • Why not just add turn meter upon hit while traya is toppled?? Reworked Finn from 35% to 3% turn meter gain on his lead. I want my zeta back. WORTHLESS
  • Phipps wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie refund zeta now. While your at it refund gmy leader too. Unacceptable

Yeah, let's go down to the local gas station while we're at it, and demand a refund for the gas we wasted that one time. People...
  • Zellaccio wrote: »
    Thank you CG! It sounds fair !

I've found the feedback they'll listen to guys! It's here! In amongst all this other stuff.
  • Rofl, wait until you guys see what you have to do to solo P3. You all are going to flip out...

So what's the eta on the new p3 solo squad video?
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Phipps wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie refund zeta now. While your at it refund gmy leader too. Unacceptable

Yeah, let's go down to the local gas station while we're at it, and demand a refund for the gas we wasted that one time. People...

Good comparison....not
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Lets look at what this new kit does

>You need a squad of 5 resistance toons (good luck!)
    >15% TM gain to all resistance allies on hitting an exposed target
    >25% TM loss on target enemy depending on potency-tenacity check

I think the implication here is also that your TM gain and removal decreases each time a resistance ally is killed during battle so it keeps getting worse as the battle goes on

It also removes synergy with other toons that deal expose since the TM gain/loss is more significant
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I am extremely angry about the change to zFinn, and this is why: he currently is one of the ONLY counters to Revan, and now that is ruined. They said "oh, he's still PvP viable, even more so than before." HOW? How can anyone who actually plays this game think that there is any way that zFinn is going to be capable of killing Revan. As for HAAT, there should be a near auto team for that, the raid is a waste of time. Make that simmable too or just let zFinn have it. I can understand protecting P3. Why don't they just change P3? I liked most of what they did to his kit, but the leadership is completely unacceptable. I bought his Zeta IN ORDER TO BEAT REVAN, and NOTHING else. That Zeta is now worthless. So yes, I expect it back. I do not value it for ANYTHING else, JTR is better and there aren't enough Resistance to validate a second leader, especially one so dependent on a full Resistance lineup. I just wasted a stun gun on him yesterday too. I don't get it. I really don't get how anyone who plays this game could not see how totally this ruins his best value: killing Revan. Maybe this is just a tactic to get us to spend on GG team, since they're removing one of the best and only existing Revan counters.

Edit: in 2 months has anyone, ANYONE thought of... Idk, giving Traya stacking tenacity on defense? Which literally negatively impact and NOT ONE other team and would end the thing they're allegedly trying to stop? Nobody would complain about that. No, they had to completely ruin him and parade it like he's somehow better. Seriously. Attack Revan with zFinn and tell me how it's better in any way.

So what's the eta on the new p3 solo squad video?

I’m going to make a how to video that will hopefully get up tonight. The problem is I can’t solo it, because I’ve geared up a character too much. This is another zombie situation where people are screwed if they took a character too far.
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN he's more PvP viable? Did you even TRY to hit Revan? That's the ONLY reason I even got his Zeta and gear. This had better be resolved. Just fix P3 Traya.
  • I am not gonna bash this too much. But if you change the ability that has the zeta you should automatically refund said zeta. Just my opinion
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    looks like a great fix. If you actually read it, the whole kit works well. It means now you have to run that typical pvp trio of finn, poe, and RT with two more resistance squad members now and you get 15% tm gain, which will be good enough for most pvp situations you'd use him. Plus he gets a crap ton of other buffs. And they have to fix it somehow guys. Just calm down.
  • I'm going to lead off by saying I have no Omega or zetas invested into Finn. You should without a doubt be refunding the zeta for his leadership as you have drastically changed it. You cannot in good faith change how a zeta works and not do so. If people like the change and think it's worth it, they can reapply it. If they don't now they are free to put the zeta on a different character. This whole thing was your screw up from the beginning by not properly testing C3PO and because of that you had to completely rework an older character. Do the right thing and give people their zeta back.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Massena777 wrote: »
    So the only reason I zeta'd this character is now gone. We should get the zeta refunded just like with the daka refund with the zombie rework.
    They said as soon as they discovered the loop that they were going to change it to not work. If you put a zeta on Finn knowing that he was going to be nerfed, that is on you.

this is the perfect response. Seriously guys.
  • I've given him a zeta for GA/TW and I'm farming RTrooper right now as a side project.
    If now these changes are making this team not as viable as before in PvP, I would also like to get the zeta back, because I would have used it on JTR instead.
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • NoMack
    46 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If a zeta becomes useless bc of natural game progression and power creep, so be it. That's the nature of the game. However, this zeta has become useless because of a severe nerf; worse than the one that was done to Daka. There HAS to be a zeta refund for this. If not, it sets a dangerous precedent that anything that is invested in (money, time or resources) can simply be devalued on a whim, leaving no reason to invest in the future.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    looks like a great fix. If you actually read it, the whole kit works well. It means now you have to run that typical pvp trio of finn, poe, and RT with two more resistance squad members now and you get 25% tm gain, which will be good enough for most pvp situations you'd use him. Plus he gets a crap ton of other buffs. And they have to fix it somehow guys. Just calm down.

3% tm gain per resistance ally = 15% not 25%.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Okay, here’s my thoughts, though I doubt anyone will care.
    They first of all seemed to ignore the majority of the people here who (in my opinion) wanted Traya changed rather then Finn. So yeah, not too excited that they ignored that.
    However, his reworked kit seems very good. His all around resistance heal seems very powerful, and he might be able to even be used in a full resistance team to do big damage in raids even without C3PO, which is good news to me who hasn’t unlocked the golden droid. Increasing damage on both his damage dealing abilities screams raid viability. I’m just wondering what team he’ll work best with in raids.
    What I don’t like is the fact that they took away the ability to gain turn meter even if a nonresistance team member hit expose. That drastically reduces his viability, especially in arena versus revan and such.
    I love his taunt. Every tank in the game in my opinion should have taunt (except vandor Chewbacca, his kit is a little different).
    Lastly, I don’t like how little turn meter they gain compared to how they used to get.
    All in all, I think it’s a good rework, and I think for a full resistance team it doesn’t reduce his viability. I am actually impressed at how well they changed him, though many will disagree.

I wanted finn or c3p0 changed, sorry bud.
This discussion has been closed.