Freshen up the purchasing.

These mirco-transactions, pay £70 for x amount of cyrstals to do as you please. Yay for the pay to win player, You’re keeping the game running. Yay to the free to player for keeping the game alive by playing daily.

Who’s the real winner here? I’m a free to play player and i’m quite happy with my progress. Ranked 200 in areana because of my bastila team only 88k and i’m trashing players with over 100k.

My point is, i want to support the game, i want to purchase to keep the game running smoothly and keep the content shipping out monthly BUT like x% amount players I REFUSE to puchase micro-transaction crystals or even packs because how is 30 or 50 shards worth £12? Or a new character with 80 worth £50-£80. NO.

Lets look at online games in general. Who beats who? My favourite, city of heroes. Was a £8 a month game and the content was out quarterly. Player base? 100,000 at most? Was never a huge game but the fan base was as huge as star wars in the respect those loyal stayed loyal and made the game what it was. It became free play and thus the dreaded micro-transactions came out to play. The game shut down a year after. My point is, free to play isn’t a bad idea but get a grip, not everyone or children will be allowed to spend £80 on a mobile game. Okay lets look at Eve online? Over a 1,000,000 players with new players flocking in and over 10 years old. Free to play or pay monthly. Super huge fan base, micro-transacrions are kept to a minimum. Only real purchase is the monthly sub. SHOCKER IT WORKS.

My argument

Star wars HAS the fan base. Star wars will NEVER die. Yet why does it feel like this game is dying? Oh wait, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS. You had the best money maker last year and got rid of it for whatever reason? Pay £7 a month get crystals, whats the issue with that? I bet that made more money than launching old republic characters.

My point

I’d rather subscribe to any game for £5-£12 a month and unlock features and the premium market and character costumes etc etc. Eso online? It worked. Didn’t affect game play, just meant you got all content for free and extra stuff to help.

The suggestion.

Rework the transitions, i could bet my life savings you’d make more money with a monthly sub than you would the mirco-transactions. The proof is in the pudding, star wars has the fan base, now days people don’t have huge amounts of extra money to throw at games like these.

I was speaking to my guild pals and the max they’ve ever spent at a time £30 max, some puchase the cheap pack because they want more energy. Half my members have never made a payment.

So who is the real winner here? I’ve paid £3 max and yet i have solid teams, tons or gear, boat loads of decent mods all because of graft. I want to sub to a game like this, i subbed for the walking dead game until that game got incrediblt greedy and desperate for cash.

My suggestion- Focus the next road ahead at looking at your premium.

Make an entire content purely on a monthly sub, call it the black market( brought to you by jabba the hut, how awsome to add Jaba the hut and his palace...) offer a new currency ONLY gained by paying monthly NO micro-transactions for this currency. Purely earn daily and once paid for example, 50 on the day of payment, earn 1 coin daily until next sub or cancled. This currency only to be spent in Jabba’s palace, god mods, the marquee characters, and other saught after characters or mission energy or ships etc. Lets look at value for money. 1 shard = 3 coins so 5 shards 15 coins (Just an example by the way). Seems extortion BUT you’re offering the player to earn these characters who subbed to unlocking them faster, they’re paying for your content, and every ones happy because players can choose to sub to this feature or they can carry on paying £70 for crystals. I wish i could make a poll to prove to you how many players would pay for a sub of this caliber but it makes the game a touch more sensible with money BUT monthly subs WORK. Micro-t’s DONT.

I’m on team Star wars, but until anything like this happens, my wallet remains closed which is my choice obviously and everyone has their right to an opinion which i would love to hear because it’s about time the devs listen to their fans. Its only taken a year for grevious to finally be reworked and be made into what he was made to do... SLAUGHTER THE JEDI.

Please please please mr forum mod, do not move this post to an unread part of the forum, this should be priority. It’s offering a perfect balance for everyone and with open discusion to players opinions.

Replies

• floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    wall of text, i gave up about half way through. you really should cut down on the size or atleast put a tldr if you want to gain traction.

also, pointless having this argument now, the game already has MT, it won't go away now
  • This game isn't dying.... Not even close, in fact it is still one of the top grossing mobile games out there after 3 years...... I highly doubt they will change their formula....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    This game isn't dying.... Not even close, in fact it is still one of the top grossing mobile games out there after 3 years...... I highly doubt they will change their formula....

Then it’s a shame because they could earn even more money. What would you rather pay? £12 a month or carry on pating £70 for what? 5 star character then another £100-200 to gain 7 star in a period of 1 day? Yeah that’s great for EA but dam it’s not exactly a balance is it? Do you seriously condone that it’s £14 for a pack that contains 5-330 shards? And the chances of 330 shards are about .000001% 97% time you’ll get 5 shards. Wake up man... ITS STAR WARS OFCOURSE ITS GOING TO BE A TOP GROSSING GAME. My post clearly states it’s got a HUGE fan base but its STAR WARS. Kids play this game, kids cannot simply get mum and daddy for £70 on this game. I’m not asking for your contest, i’m asking do you agree it’s better to balance a game than to ruin it with micro-transactions that only 40% of the playeds will put towards rather than a potential 80% of playes that would possibly sub to a game like this. I’m not fighting micro transactions. I’m fighting for balance. If they want more money then they need to wake up and smell the bacon and head in the right direction. Hell i don’t care if EA gets shut down, i hope they do, they ruin everything they get their hands on. What i don’t want is STAR WARS falling with them!!!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    What would you rather pay? £12 a month or carry on pating £70 for what?

I would rather pay zero, and I will do so either way. If they make this game a subscription that means I don't get to play it. So no, I definitely do not think they should do anything like this.
  • It wouldn’t be a mandatory thing, just an offer for those who dont have tons of money but want to support the game