Should the Veteran Smugglers get the Resistance tag now that they've changed Finn's leader ability?

The whole reason they didn't give them the tag to begin with was because it would make the resistance too powerful with the old Finn lead. I think adding the tags now would really only make the Finn lead okay again.

Should the Veteran Smugglers get the Resistance tag now that they've changed Finn's leader ability? 35 votes

Yes, they should definitely get the tag with the rework
91%
Zombie961BooLevlBulldog1205VertigoGreenGoblin96Mr_SausageWoodrowardOsirisrebornCombatCommander7DarthNekrosdennishsnyder57RiffinatorRigglerJaVCnVoltarcJammaxTheLordOfMadnessTrojanKyleStark99 32 votes
No, they shouldn't get the tag
8%
RandomSithLordjhbuchholzRoopehunter 3 votes

Replies

• ...missing third option: refund Finn's zeta
  • No, they shouldn't get the tag
    I like the thematic application of tags, even though it's been broken all over the place. I don't see these two as being part of the Resistance in Episode VII. Chewie in Episode VIII definitely.

From a gameplay perspective is have no issues with them getting the tag.
  • Yes, they should definitely get the tag with the rework
    I was going to suggest this as well, the only reason I didn’t was because their lack of expose mechanic didn’t really do anything for Finn’s lead...but now that I think more about it I wonder how they’d play under a JTR lead, which could open more options for Finn’s team.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I like the thematic application of tags, even though it's been broken all over the place. I don't see these two as being part of the Resistance in Episode VII. Chewie in Episode VIII definitely.

Vet Han is just as much a part of the Resistance as Stormtrooper and Raid Han are a part of the Rebels. Vet Han participated in the Resistance mission to destroy Starkiller Base.
    I was going to suggest this as well, the only reason I didn’t was because their lack of expose mechanic didn’t really do anything for Finn’s lead...but now that I think more about it I wonder how they’d play under a JTR lead, which could open more options for Finn’s team.

Vet Han is just as much a part of the Resistance as Stormtrooper and Raid Han are a part of the Rebels. Vet Han participated in the Resistance mission to destroy Starkiller Base.

And I'd say, remove the rebel tags from them then. Han is only at Starkiller Base for Ben. Not for the resistance.

Either way, it's a holo game and I'm fine with whatever definition gets applied. Just wish there was some consistency and transparency with the tags.

And I'd say, remove the rebel tags from them then. Han is only at Starkiller Base for Ben. Not for the resistance.

Either way, it's a holo game and I'm fine with whatever definition gets applied. Just wish there was some consistency and transparency with the tags.

That’s not true, they went to take out the oscillator and rescue Rey. He wasn’t going to go searching for Ben, Ben came looking for him. Team member on a Resistance mission.

I guess while we’re at it we should also probably remove Old Ben, Lando Rebel tags? Why is R2 Resistance, he spent all of TFA shut down and was only in TLJ to hang out with Luke? Are Chirrut and Baze really Rebels?

There’s always grey areas, why not shade towards giving people a faction over not (which is the tendency in most cases)?
    I think the original reason they gave us was ****. They’ve never cared if a character was too powerful. These toons are well overdue for the Resistance tag. They are actually decent toons that are hampered by a lack of a Resistance tag.
    If nothing else to give them some actual use instead of C tier scoundrels

That’s not true, they went to take out the oscillator and rescue Rey. He wasn’t going to go searching for Ben, Ben came looking for him. Team member on a Resistance mission.

I guess while we’re at it we should also probably remove Old Ben, Lando Rebel tags? Why is R2 Resistance, he spent all of TFA shut down and was only in TLJ to hang out with Luke? Are Chirrut and Baze really Rebels?

There’s always grey areas, why not shade towards giving people a faction over not (which is the tendency in most cases)?

Fair enough. I may have misremembered the sequence of the decision to go to Starkiller Base.

It's still pretty late in the movie and the characters names aren't Resistance Han and Resistance Chewie. The snapshot of them seems like it's of when they were still smugglers (throughout most of the movie). This is where consistency and transparency would help. Are these Han and Chewie from the start of the movie? The end? Somewhere else? I interpret it to be them from when Rey first meets them.

I'd have no problem removing the rebel tags from Old Ben (he didn't have it for the first 18 months of the game) and Lando. And since this thread is about Han and Chewie I stop there (although my thoughts on the rest of your list are similar).

Like I said, it's just my preference stated in response to a poll. I'm not actively pursuing for these changes. I simply like the idea of consistency with the roles played in the movies.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

Ppl are asking because we do not have enough solid scoundrel leader like Qi'ra.
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Huh? How would giving these two the Resistance tag increase the number of scoundrel leaders? They're already scoundrels and neither one is a leader.

Fair enough. I may have misremembered the sequence of the decision to go to Starkiller Base.

It's still pretty late in the movie and the characters names aren't Resistance Han and Resistance Chewie. The snapshot of them seems like it's of when they were still smugglers (throughout most of the movie). This is where consistency and transparency would help. Are these Han and Chewie from the start of the movie? The end? Somewhere else? I interpret it to be them from when Rey first meets them.

I'd have no problem removing the rebel tags from Old Ben (he didn't have it for the first 18 months of the game) and Lando. And since this thread is about Han and Chewie I stop there (although my thoughts on the rest of your list are similar).

Like I said, it's just my preference stated in response to a poll. I'm not actively pursuing for these changes. I simply like the idea of consistency with the roles played in the movies.

In that case, Scav Rey wasn’t Resistance either. I think in general we need a bit of leniency on defining factions, you obviously fall on the other end of the spectrum.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Huh? How would giving these two the Resistance tag increase the number of scoundrel leaders? They're already scoundrels and neither one is a leader.

I mean, we have too many scoundrels and too less good scoundrel leaders, so even your vets are g12 they probably left somewhere else with those meh leaders as a cleaning up team.

Resistance has 11 chars and some of them are multi-faction and could be used somewhere else, so ppl asking vets to be added into resistance so they can have more flexibilities to choose chars from.
    Vet Han and Vet Chewy are resistance fighters... if somewhat reluctant in joining that is just the way Han is. You could make a better case that OG Han was not a rebel.... he was just in it for the reward. Somehow he still manages to be key to blowing up the bad guys super weapon. Come on give them the resistance tag already!
    Hard to find a use for them. Which is a bit disappointing for someone I have to invest in. Stormtrooper Han at least gets use due to being a spare tank, and someone always needs one of those. But now, it's just Smuggler Run until I get better options available. Then, it'll be nothing because there's a shortage of good Scoundrel leads for such a large faction. Maybe I'll split Lando off into a stray dog scoundrel leader on a scraps team.

Can't rightly see what giving the vets the Resistance tag would break, and it would give them reasonable options.
    Still not a he.
    I would enjoy this, they are kind of extra and hard to fit in
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Chewbacca I could maybe see getting a resistance tag for the 9th movie, but Han, I’m not sure, but who knows. If they did, they would definitely have a lot to offer the faction.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Chewbacca I could maybe see getting a resistance tag for the 9th movie, but Han, I’m not sure, but who knows. If they did, they would definitely have a lot to offer the faction.
    Eh. Han was part of the team for the Starkiller mission. More of a claim than Stormtrooper Han or Old Ben has. Or Farmboy Luke back when he actually had that slugthrower. At that point, Luke was planning on joining the Empire.
    Still not a he.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    The whole reason they didn't give them the tag to begin with was because it would make the resistance too powerful with the old Finn lead. I think adding the tags now would really only make the Finn lead okay again.

I doubt it was the finn lead as opposed to the interaction with JTRey lead. Neither has expose synergy, but vet han has a multi-attack basic and an AOE, they both have crit chance bonuses, and crit damage bonuses. (And yes, they were obviously released before JTRey, but I'd be surprised if CG didn't have the broad strokes kit designed).
    Woodroward wrote: »

I doubt it was the finn lead as opposed to the interaction with JTRey lead. Neither has expose synergy, but vet han has a multi-attack basic and an AOE, they both have crit chance bonuses, and crit damage bonuses. (And yes, they were obviously released before JTRey, but I'd be surprised if CG didn't have the broad strokes kit designed).

I thought they did have exposes. It's been so long since I used them I apparently misremembered.

Whether it was for JTR lead or Finn lead, I don't think there's much worry about them breaking the game at this point by having the tag.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I thought they did have exposes. It's been so long since I used them I apparently misremembered.

Whether it was for JTR lead or Finn lead, I don't think there's much worry about them breaking the game at this point by having the tag.
    Nah. Main things they'd bring is decent offense, stun/dispel, and an AoE.
    Still not a he.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Chewbacca I could maybe see getting a resistance tag for the 9th movie, but Han, I’m not sure, but who knows. If they did, they would definitely have a lot to offer the faction.
    Eh. Han was part of the team for the Starkiller mission. More of a claim than Stormtrooper Han or Old Ben has. Or Farmboy Luke back when he actually had that slugthrower. At that point, Luke was planning on joining the Empire.

Luke was planning of joining the imperial academy yes - but Old Ben did join the rebels by accepting Leia's mission. He so deserves his rebel tag just as VS Han & Chewie deserve a resistance tag because they joined the mission on Starkiller base.

I do agree though - ST Han was technically working as a smuggler/mercenary under the employ of the rebels. Giving him a rebel tag at that point is like giving Boba Fett an Imperial tag for his role in TESB.