GA rewards for non participation

2Next

Replies

• evoluza wrote: »
    After all this post's, I hope way more people set no defense
    Ha! Same!

I think I'm the only 4.1m player without Revan or Traya, so folks who don't set defense or who do, but don't attack, are the only way I can win :p
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ha! Same!

I think I'm the only 4.1m player without Revan or Traya, so folks who don't set defense or who do, but don't attack, are the only way I can win :p

Then you better hope all these people whinning about punishing ppl for no D , dont get there way.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ha! Same!

Then you better hope all these people whinning about punishing ppl for no D , dont get there way.

They won’t. Why would they? There’s maybe a dozen of them and everyone else is fine with it or ambivalent at worst.

When it comes to complaints, never confuse volume with legitimacy :)
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ha! Same!

They won’t. Why would they? There’s maybe a dozen of them and everyone else is fine with it or ambivalent at worst.

But cg could use those few complaints as an excuse to do it. Thats my only worry tbh.
    And its something CG would do.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ha! Same!

But cg could use those few complaints as an excuse to do it. Thats my only worry tbh.

This pretty much my stance on the matter aswell. The chance of it becomming worse, or different with some (unintended) negative side effects makes me want to keep it as is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Ha! Same!

This pretty much my stance on the matter aswell. The chance of it becomming worse, or different with some (unintended) negative side effects makes me want to keep it as is.

Yup , like for instance i was 1 and 1 this GA , but i had a 16 hour shift at work and missed setting my defense for round 3 , should i be punished. I hope not.
  • God forbid CG actually implemented a solution that would make people actually fully participate in a game mode they voluntarily signed up for..... /Sarcasm......
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I set defences every time, however, I’m always going up against people far more advanced than I am. At 4.2m gp I have around 35 g12 characters, the people I face? Well they have always had 70+ g12 characters. What’s the point in me wasting my time attacking, knowing 100% that I won’t win? If I’m somehow matched against someone evenly paired for me, I’ll definitely attack. Otherwise what’s the point when I know I’ll lose.
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    I set defences every time, however, I’m always going up against people far more advanced than I am. At 4.2m gp I have around 35 g12 characters, the people I face? Well they have always had 70+ g12 characters. What’s the point in me wasting my time attacking, knowing 100% that I won’t win? If I’m somehow matched against someone evenly paired for me, I’ll definitely attack. Otherwise what’s the point when I know I’ll lose.

There are different strategies based on your situation ..... I'm not at your GP, but I will tell you that a well composed and modded g11 squad can beat a poor g11 squad, and I get amount of players in this game that have had mods is staggering......

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    God forbid CG actually implemented a solution that would make people actually fully participate in a game mode they voluntarily signed up for..... /Sarcasm......

be carefull what you wish for, it might backfire one day ;)
  • leef wrote: »
    God forbid CG actually implemented a solution that would make people actually fully participate in a game mode they voluntarily signed up for..... /Sarcasm......

No, it won't leef......

Contrary to opinion in these threads, I haven't been 100% successful in GA...... There were a couple where I was overmatched and knew I wound most likely lose, and did.....

I still did my best to try and win, set defence and even took the step of sending a message to the winner congratulating them.....

I know it's "just a game", but I take personal pride in everything I do, this game included.... It's a matter of principle and courtesy imop.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

No, it won't leef......

Contrary to opinion in these threads, I haven't been 100% successful in GA...... There were a couple where I was overmatched and knew I wound most likely lose, and did.....

I still did my best to try and win, set defence and even took the step of sending a message to the winner congratulating them.....

I know it's "just a game", but I take personal pride in everything I do, this game included.... It's a matter of principle and courtesy imop.....

you never know what ea/cg comes up with to "solve" this "issue". They have a track record of fixing something by making that same thing or something else worse in the process. HSR rewards to name an example.
    I think your courtesy is admirable btw, but not something that can be demanded.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Honestly, it's fine the way it is. If folks don't feel like deploying defenses, hat's their prerogative--all they want is the lowest tier reward and they're willing to give the rest of us free rewards. Cool, whatever.

What'd improve this is with better matchmaking. I won the fights I could in my mismatches these last two Grand Arenas, but that meant beating two teams per round. Meanwhile my teams were all beaten in one go because......
    Danubiss wrote: »

There are different strategies based on your situation ..... I'm not at your GP, but I will tell you that a well composed and modded g11 squad can beat a poor g11 squad, and I get amount of players in this game that have had mods is staggering......
    ......I assume you mean that a good g11 team can beat a poor g12 team, but when you're as mismatched as Danubiss is (or myself) you're not facing poor g12 teams. And you're using your good g11 teams on defense. We're not being mismatched because we have a bunch of g11s, we're being mismatched because we have a bunch of g8s and g9s and our opponents don't unlock marquee characters until they have 330 shards stockpiled, and leave any other unlocked characters at level 1, g1 until they need that character for something specific and then it's 85 and g12 overnight.

If I can only win two attacks (and usually requiring three or four teams to do so) and I'm getting romper-stomped on defense, then why attack more? I have every incentive to set a defense, that's for sure, but why spend time attacking over and over when I've already lost?
  • @leef Thanks man.... Just looking to portray the fact that some of us have views that differ that don't make us whiners...... I'd just rather go down fighting than go down being a pleb that couldn't be bothered setting defence..... I also don't think you are sending a "protest" to CG by joining and doing nothing.... In fact the simple act of joining sanctions the event imop.....

@NicWester ..... I don't have revan either, I chose to forego getting him so I could continue on the squads I was already working on...... I hate the character design, I hate the fact that he dominates arena as hard as he does, but I also don't blame players for getting him and reaping the benefits he provides .... It is what it is..... That being said, I have beaten GA opponents that had solid Revan squads...... It's just a matter of strategy.... But it can be done bud....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

No, it won't leef......

You remind me of a Mandalorian...

I admire your courtesy, but I think the current right of players to set no defense for whatever reason should go without question. Do I agree with a fix, not really, but if it happens then there’s nothing I can do about it. For now, I think it should be left alone.
  • No defense set and no attacks made should equal no rewards earned. No effort, no reward.

Defense set but no attacks should equal 8th place rewards and let's be honest, that's what will happen. Nonetheless, effort was made here.

No defense set but attacks made ought to equal rewards earned as effort was issued.

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Nihion wrote: »

No, it won't leef......

You remind me of a Mandalorian...

I admire your courtesy, but I think the current right of players to set no defense for whatever reason should go without question. Do I agree with a fix, not really, but if it happens then there’s nothing I can do about it. For now, I think it should be left alone.

Thanks (I think)..... Lol...... JK, I am familiar with the concept..... Huge fan of 300 and the story behind it..... die on your shield so to speak.....

I also believe there are many that don't set defence and throw in the towel that may have an actual chance of winning based in what I have seen in these threads.....

Whether cg develops a solution or not remains to be seen .....

If you dont want to set defence under the current system, I guess I have to concede that it is your right to do so...... I just don't feel it's in the spirit of competition, sportsmanship, etc......

This is a discussion forum where we share our opinions..... That is mine.....