Arena is HUGE problem.

My top 50 is 47 Revans and 3 Trayas, this is the case up to the top 100 and perhaps even further. The matchups between Revans are a total mess, they last incredibly long and they are totally unfun to play! It's too easy to drop multiple ranks overnight and then you must fight these long fights to get back, which takes so long.

We had such great balance and diversity before Revan came to the game and you ruined the opportunity to add another balanced squad that wouldn't upset everything due to insane power creep.

What's even more messed up is that once Grievous beats Revan everyone will just migrate to a Grievous squad because it's too easy to aquire. You need to think something fast to balance the arena again because this mess is unacceptable.

Replies

• That remains to be seen. It really depends on how well grevious holds up against other teams. For example, b2 seems to rely on buff immunity. This is an extremely effective counter to jedi since they rely on buffs and spreading the buffs to the team. However, against traya or ns that mechanic is much less effective since those teams don't rely on buffs as heavily.

Depending on what other mechanics gg and droiddekka use, the team may beat revan but be vulnerable to other teams. If that is the case running gg won't hold super well on defense. Revan won't hold as well so there will be less revans, making other teams that are weak against revan but possibly strong against gg a more viable option.

Then again, they could make gg beat everything. But with only marques and reworks, that is unlikely.
  • Hang in there. The arena goes through phases. The current phase isn’t pleasant but is bound to be gone soon.
  • That remains to be seen. It really depends on how well grevious holds up against other teams. For example, b2 seems to rely on buff immunity. This is an extremely effective counter to jedi since they rely on buffs and spreading the buffs to the team. However, against traya or ns that mechanic is much less effective since those teams don't rely on buffs as heavily.

Depending on what other mechanics gg and droiddekka use, the team may beat revan but be vulnerable to other teams. If that is the case running gg won't hold super well on defense. Revan won't hold as well so there will be less revans, making other teams that are weak against revan but possibly strong against gg a more viable option.

Then again, they could make gg beat everything. But with only marques and reworks, that is unlikely.

I'm kind of hoping for this. If Greivous turns out to be great against Revan but poor against a couple of other teams it might bring some diversity into the arena.

I don't fall out of the top 100 at the minute, and it's Revan all the way up. There's some guy that occasionally swaps in Nightsisters but always switches to Revan overnight. It's all a bit dull. Before the last Revan event it was a half decent mix of teams, it would be nice to get back to that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

What's even more messed up is that once Grievous beats Revan everyone will just migrate to a Grievous squad because it's too easy to aquire. You need to think something fast to balance the arena again because this mess is unacceptable.

wouldn't grievous add more varity to arena if he can beat revan? I don't see how that's a bad thing.
    also, peterbahama has a HUGE problem, imagine my shock! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!

I'm kind of hoping for this. If Greivous turns out to be great against Revan but poor against a couple of other teams it might bring some diversity into the arena.

I don't fall out of the top 100 at the minute, and it's Revan all the way up. There's some guy that occasionally swaps in Nightsisters but always switches to Revan overnight. It's all a bit dull. Before the last Revan event it was a half decent mix of teams, it would be nice to get back to that.

I'm hoping for this too. I run traya so it'd be nice to face teams other than revan.

I have revan and just got the last zeta yesterday but I'm not really wanting to switch just to have to switch again. Also my jolee, bastilla, and ezra are only g11. My gk is only gear 10. My sith are all g12 with several g12+ pieces so I'm not sure my revan would do much better. I can still get top 10 with traya.
  • Revan vs Revan matches do not take ages if you drop your tank and take an extra Jedi attacker.....

• Back in the early traya days the AI was very poor, and mods had very little impact, but at least Traya herself was something of a rarity. So the arena was much more stable.

And in the brief CLS/Chewy/Han/C3PO meta, the AI could play a blinder, depending on who it focussed on first (if their Han went first and went after Chewy, you could be in trouble).

One of the things that makes it so stale just now is that there isn’t much to stop a team on offence beating any team on defence, other than perhaps time.

The AI isn’t good enough to put a competent offence team under pressure, and though stellar mods make it harder for some teams to be beaten, it’s usually because the other team has well below par mods.

Add to that the fact that in the majority of shards every serious player has all 5 of the meta toons, then it’s a recipe for a chaotic arena.
  • Can they just nerf Revan ?
  • It’s been like this since the game’s release. The meta team dominates, top arena players all have it. Goes back to the GK/zBariss meta, the zMaul meta and the Old Ben dodge meta and beyond. Just be patient, eventually something will be released that is the new meta that you will be able to acquire easily and all the problems you have suddenly disappear because you’re doing well again.

It’s like Qui-Gon said, “There’s always a bigger fish.”
  • It’s been like this since the game’s release. The meta team dominates, top arena players all have it. Goes back to the GK/zBariss meta, the zMaul meta and the Old Ben dodge meta and beyond. Just be patient, eventually something will be released that is the new meta that you will be able to acquire easily and all the problems you have suddenly disappear because you’re doing well again.

Meh, as someone has already pointed out, prior to Revan's second coming (why do I feel vaguely sacrilegious saying that?) there was balance in the arena. There were a few Revan teams, but there were also NS, Rebels, Sith. Now it's just a giant wall of Revans. And Revan v Revan matches aren't fun, so the whole point of playing the game (having fun, after all) is lost in the arenas.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

wouldn't grievous add more varity to arena if he can beat revan? I don't see how that's a bad thing.
    also, peterbahama has a HUGE problem, imagine my shock! ;)

Did you just ignore the first sentence of the post you quoted?

No, did you just ignore the first sentence of the post you quoted?
    Save water, drink champagne!

Meh, as someone has already pointed out, prior to Revan's second coming (why do I feel vaguely sacrilegious saying that?) there was balance in the arena. There were a few Revan teams, but there were also NS, Rebels, Sith. Now it's just a giant wall of Revans. And Revan v Revan matches aren't fun, so the whole point of playing the game (having fun, after all) is lost in the arenas.

That’s not really what I saying though. Second coming or not, the meta teams always dominated. I remember when the top 50 was 45 squads of zMaul, 48 squads of CLS, 50/50 Nightmare squads, 50/50 Triumvirate squads etc. The metas always end up the majority. Yeah, a few outsiders occasionally managed to climb in the early days of the new meta, but that’s how it’s always been. Arena gets dominated by the metas eventually. It’ll change again in a couple months.
  • Buffbeardo wrote: »
    Hang in there. The arena goes through phases. The current phase isn’t pleasant but is bound to be gone soon.

You are correct. I'm sure it will be gone soon. But, the problem is, CG, in its infinite wisdom will make a new toon whose sole purpose is to beat Revan, and then within 2-3 months, the arena will be filled with "Anti-Revan"

And of course, much like Revan, this new "Anti-Revan" will be so over-powered that no other squad combo can beat him reliably.

It's a problem that's been happening for years now, and the main reason people like me, have refused to pay a single cent more to this game since Revan came out. Most of us have jumped to other, more balanced games
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    tears again? zzzzzzzzzz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

• And in the brief CLS/Chewy/Han/C3PO meta,

That was never meta. It was only a Revan counter.