How is HT faster than my Poe?

My Poe is 179 and his HT is 115. After i hit with TFP, HT takes turn. His 25% are not enough to be faster than Poe. Any input?

Replies

• What’s the rest of your line up? The rest of the enemy line up? What Cap ships?
  • It's crazy. I don't get how HT seems to always go first or second.
  • HT gains 50% TM if you damage one of it's allies while it's not taunting. Did you attack a shop besides HT with your TFP?
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    HT gains 50% TM if you damage one of it's allies while it's not taunting. Did you attack a shop besides HT with your TFP?

25%, but yes this is the most likely answer (+50% tenacity is probably what you’re thinking of). If you don’t want HT going early then your best bet is to attack HT instead of the allies.
  • It actually only gains 25%:

"While not Taunting, it has +50% Tenacity and gains +25% Turn Meter whenever another ally takes damage from an enemy's attack."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    another common answer for this is the use of bistan in the lineup and him granting HT TM when he uses his special.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    HT gains 50% TM if you damage one of it's allies while it's not taunting. Did you attack a shop besides HT with your TFP?

25%, but yes this is the most likely answer (+50% tenacity is probably what you’re thinking of). If you don’t want HT going early then your best bet is to attack HT instead of the allies.

Yeah. You're both right. That's what I get for not checking in game (reversed the numbers in my head). Which would only give it an effective first turn speed of 153. If I did my math right. And based on my inability to read I'm not so confident in my ability to math right now.

Which brings us back to, what did the rest of the field look like?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

Yeah. You're both right. That's what I get for not checking in game (reversed the numbers in my head). Which would only give it an effective first turn speed of 153. If I did my math right. And based on my inability to read I'm not so confident in my ability to math right now.

That 153 is assuming it started with 25% tm.

Really, you have to figure out what tm it was at when OP's TIE went, then add 25%. I'm still coming up short though if just one ally was hit, so there's a missing piece of information here.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Really, you have to figure out what tm it was at when OP's TIE went, then add 25%. I'm still coming up short though if just one ally was hit, so there's a missing piece of information here.

I thought about that and maybe I'm a bit dense or it's one of those slow nights, I don't see why it would matter when the 25% was added during the first turn if it comes out to be less than the 179 of Poe's X-Wing. TFP went, presumably because it's faster than 179 speed, and 25% TM is added. If that doesn't give HT an effective first turn speed over 179 wouldn't it then mean HT had less than 75% TM at that moment? I'd love to understand this better...
  • 115 speed is pathetically slow for HT. Like, we're talking 3* HT, and ability level 6, G9 Bossk. Are you sure that speed is right?
  • My mistake guys, slowest I attacked is 140. ****. I need to up my Poe a lil bit more so I can destroy falcon with Poe and TFP.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

I thought about that and maybe I'm a bit dense or it's one of those slow nights, I don't see why it would matter when the 25% was added during the first turn if it comes out to be less than the 179 of Poe's X-Wing. TFP went, presumably because it's faster than 179 speed, and 25% TM is added. If that doesn't give HT an effective first turn speed over 179 wouldn't it then mean HT had less than 75% TM at that moment? I'd love to understand this better...

Well, that's a minimum. I guess I'm just saying it could be faster. I suppose it doesn't matter. I just like to be over-cautious talking about effective speed since it's not actually what's happening.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    What is TFP’s speed? TM is relative to the highest speed ship
  • Tfp is 191.
  • 140/.75=186. Unless your Poe is faster than that, HT will go first.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Tfp is 191.

When your TFP is at 100% TM,
    HT is at 73.298% or 73%
    Poe is at 93% TM

after the +25% gain, he is at 98%, 5% more TM than Poe and goes before Poe does