B1 Battle Droid and Plauge

Prev1
QuarentineZone
posts Member
edited February 2019
So I went into a Battle against a Nightsister Squad with my Droid team. When my B1 was inflicted with Plauge he died when it became his turn. Upon coming back he still had all stacks of Plague and continued to gain stacks. Shouldn't Plauge of been dispelled due to B1 losing 1 Hp, being destroyed, and then coming back with full health? I don't know if this was intended or a bug but I'm posting this to hopefully get some feedback.

Replies

• I think the droids should be thought of as a health bar rather than 100 different droids.
  • How can you plague a droid in the 1st place?
    Plague seems like a disease to me...
    Same question with healing (from a Jedi)...
    Healing a droid? Seriously?
  • Shhhh, don’t make them fix something. Let’s just deal with it. We don’t want them to take away MT’s zeta
  • How can you plague a droid in the 1st place?
    Plague seems like a disease to me...

A disease ... or maybe like a virus ...

Magick is just science we don't understand yet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So I went into a Battle against a Nightsister Squad with my Droid team. When my B1 was inflicted with Plauge he died when it became his turn. Upon coming back he still had all stacks of Plague and continued to gain stacks. Shouldn't Plauge of been dispelled due to B1 losing 1 Hp, being destroyed, and then coming back with full health? I don't know if this was intended or a bug but I'm posting this to hopefully get some feedback.

He doesnt die. He doesnt lose health, hes not destroyed, and he doesnt come back with full health.

Due to his kit as it is currently written, there is no mechanism in place to have him avoid or cleanse plague.

I really hope this gets addressed.
  • I hope not they dont change another 2 yeard old kit to fix this issue too
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I hope not they dont change another 2 yeard old kit to fix this issue too

I hope they address it in his kit or possible a leader ability like GG/HK (hoping they rework him too)
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    I hope not they dont change another 2 yeard old kit to fix this issue too

I hope they address it in his kit or possible a leader ability like GG/HK (hoping they rework him too)

It makes too much sense to have the droids that killed nightsisters to have have anti-nightsister text in the kit. I could see (don't expect it though) to have a unique on Grevious that's ant-NS in addition to his anti-jedi leadership.
    Post edited by SmurfLAX28 on
  • His kit does say dispel all debuffs, that should include plague - surely!?
    The thing about plague is that it cannot be dispelled. It was probably an oversight.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »

He doesnt die. He doesnt lose health, hes not destroyed, and he doesnt come back with full health.

Due to his kit as it is currently written, there is no mechanism in place to have him avoid or cleanse plague.

It's meant to be an army. If you plague one, the rest shouldn't be affected.

However, Plagues spread, so maybe the plague spreads on death onto more droids, which in turn cause the rest to become infected, slowly killing out the entire population of B1 battle droids!

If only the NS knew!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    evoluza wrote: »

It's meant to be an army. If you plague one, the rest shouldn't be affected.

Yes that is the general idea they are going for, as they have described it, but he still has a kit and is a single unit that follows that kit.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Are you sure you just arent getting a new plague spread to you on spawn from talzin plague bearer.

At the start of an enemy turn if they are plagued they inflict plague on a random team member.

How many of your units have plague.... if they all do, pretty good chance tsking a turn is just plaguing your b1 again
  • Its def an oversight. Because he is immune to dots for this exact reason
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its def an oversight. Because he is immune to dots for this exact reason

It's more likely a different reason, first DoTs can be cleansed.

Dots count as individual attacks, so 3 dots would be 24 stacks removed.

Plague is a single attack (I'm pretty sure) and the damage just increases. So no matter the stacks of plague it will only be 8 stacks removed from B1.

The mechanics are very different, but still it should be addressed in his kit because it's a pretty big issue if it's not addressed by another toon.
  • Plague is cleansed when you are at full health and b1 is always full at 1 so it shouldn't stick.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    Plague is cleansed when you are at full health and b1 is always full at 1 so it shouldn't stick.
    It doesn’t get cleansed at full health, it gets cleansed when you get healed to full health. And since B1 only has 1 health, he is always considered to be at full health. Even is someone on his team uses a heal while he has plague, it still will not be removed. Currently, it is impossible for plague to be removed from B1 once he has it.
  • imo.. his max health is not 1 but is rather modified by his kit to bring it to 1 always
    A bit of lazy way to bypass recoding a whole new toon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sjrl101 wrote: »
    imo.. his max health is not 1 but is rather modified by his kit to bring it to 1 always

The way he works it wouldnt matter what his health would be, he doesnt take damage, so he would never be healed and therefore wouldnt cleanse health.

His kit could be written with 100k health and still function the same way, it doesnt matter.
  • Looks like it is not fixed other kits. In fact on a grievous led Separatist team against NS, B1 will be demolished. When plague gets stuck on him, he will die every time he takes a turn, and whenever Grievous takes a turn B1 will die. He won’t be able to get his stacks back fast enough.

Really it should. If not, he has no way of getting rid of it. Or maybe that was intended, as his secret weakness.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    We know plague is an issue..
    What about mark? b1 appears to die and be replaced in the animation, shouldn't mark go away also? Does it?
    And are b1's small deaths meant to trigger the grevious zeta, where he gets a bonus turn when a droid dies? Does that trigger?
    Is he meant to actually die and revive, like zombie when reviving teammates?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Gannon wrote: »
    We know plague is an issue..
    What about mark? b1 appears to die and be replaced in the animation, shouldn't mark go away also? Does it?
    And are b1's small deaths meant to trigger the grevious zeta, where he gets a bonus turn when a droid dies? Does that trigger?
    Is he meant to actually die and revive, like zombie when reviving teammates?

He doesnt die, he cant be defeated.

1xbzyjkmyi67.jpg

This action seen is just an animation. No he doesnt trigger any "on death" abilities or actions.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Then that whole team is useless to me lol
    one revan mark at the start of battle will be the end of him, which means no heals. GG won't get to ramp up his damage, etc.
    Also, if he doesn't trigger the gg unique zeta is pretty pointless for that line.
    So much potential, it's actually pretty disappointing
  • Kyno wrote: »
    imo.. his max health is not 1 but is rather modified by his kit to bring it to 1 always

The way he works it wouldnt matter what his health would be, he doesnt take damage, so he would never be healed and therefore wouldnt cleanse health.

His kit could be written with 100k health and still function the same way, it doesnt matter.

true.. at g12 he is at 20k health and his kit brings it to 1.. even if he gets health back from others,, his kit will always bring it back to 1 and never hit max health ..thus no cleanse
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

true.. at g12 he is at 20k health and his kit brings it to 1.. even if he gets health back from others,, his kit will always bring it back to 1 and never hit max health ..thus no cleanse

Even if his ability kept him at 20k, he doesnt take damage, he just loses stacks, no health change at all. So yep no cleanse.