A little me time (for everyone)

I love this game and been playing about 3 years, have unlocked all toons and guild has raids on farm but......
What I really want and think everyone can relate to is that the constant release of new toons/farms is getting too much.
I would love a month maybe even 2 that I can just focus on few toons I need/want to gear/and star up, rather than feel I need to chase the new releases.
Before I get all the hate, I fully understand that chasing new characters/ships is a choice and everyone can farm what they like, etc.
Even the super whales haven’t 7* and g12 every character and ship so therefore an break in releases would benefit the whole community and allow people to further develop their rosters. Stronger rosters for everyone would make the majority of the game modes more interesting/challenging and competitive.
Also with a delay in new content release CG has more potential for purchases flour to excitement of a new meta release after a break in new content releases, we all know how much they love making money and tempting us with packs?
As previously stated I have all toons unlocked and over 4 million GP, average top 50 in both arenas so not a new player but want to explore all characters and ships.
Am I alone in thinking like this? I doubt it but am interested what others think?

Replies

• Please excuse a couple of typos. Mainly should read: The delay in release should have more potential for purchases “because of” the excitement. Not “flour to excitement”
    Don’t you just love autocorrect 🤣😛
  • Also the reason you chase new characters/ships is to maintain your crystal rewards. If I didn’t my farms would take even longer so they are a necessary evil to progress.
    Trying my best to derail haters but am sure a few will appear 😝
  • I have to disagree.

My reason for doing so is the current state of the Arenas.
    Squad Arena is entirely about Revan and who has the better mods. Ship Arena is entirely about Hound's Tooth and Han's Falcon. Assuming the Devs are not planning to change anything, the only way to break this really boring state of affairs is with new characters and ships. Otherwise we're just going to be stuck on Revan and Han's Falcon for months and I am already extremely fed up with both states of affairs.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    I have to disagree.

My reason for doing so is the current state of the Arenas.
    Squad Arena is entirely about Revan and who has the better mods. Ship Arena is entirely about Hound's Tooth and Han's Falcon. Assuming the Devs are not planning to change anything, the only way to break this really boring state of affairs is with new characters and ships. Otherwise we're just going to be stuck on Revan and Han's Falcon for months and I am already extremely fed up with both states of affairs.

I agree with your statement about both arenas, I face the same battles when I go in either arena. However your comment only moves the current meta to a new one and the circle continues. So you would be soon bored of new meta and I would be frustrated with new chase and lack of time to follow other grinds.
    So surely the solution is to create the mythical rock, paper, scissors situation in both arenas? And once this has been successfully done give us a break?
    Would work for the community and CG from business point as people would need to invest in their “rock” team, “paper” team and “scissor” team
    Once established people can go in their own direction/choice to farm and CG still get their money.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Want to hear something funny? I probably only upgraded 2 toon since the 3po event (3po and revan). I've got plenty time to work on side projects, but i'm just hoarding for the next latest and greatest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The compromise for both of you i think would be toon and ship rework so that multiple teams are viable in arenas. That would save needing new toons to counter the current meta. And allow us to focus on older toons.
  • I agree, except that I have a super whale on my ship shard that has every ship and character 7 starred gear 12. He’s part of team instinct. He has good mods on every single character. Whenever a new character comes out he’s ready to get it usually within a day to 7 stars gear 12. He was one of the first guys to own Traya.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • leef wrote: »
    Want to hear something funny? I probably only upgraded 2 toon since the 3po event (3po and revan). I've got plenty time to work on side projects, but i'm just hoarding for the next latest and greatest.

Fair enough, but how’s that working for you in both arenas/TW/GW/TB?
    Also are you not interested in farming people other than latest/greatest character? Star wars universe is rich in characters that people relate to or like that are not always meta. Would be great to be able to farm toons you like for a short period without losing position and crystals in arenas.
    Maybe I’m just dreaming though

• Tbirds01 wrote: »
    I agree, except that I have a super whale on my ship shard that has every ship and character 7 starred gear 12. He’s part of team instinct. He has good mods on every single character. Whenever a new character comes out he’s ready to get it usually within a day to 7 stars gear 12. He was one of the first guys to own Traya.

Never going to stop super whales. They purchase their status. And I bet the girls all flock to his prowess of SWGOH. :)

Seriously though you're unfortunate to be in an instinct shard. And the only rebutes to it is to quit, accept it, or start a new account.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Fair enough, but how’s that working for you in both arenas/TW/GW/TB?
    Also are you not interested in farming people other than latest/greatest character? Star wars universe is rich in characters that people relate to or like that are not always meta. Would be great to be able to farm toons you like for a short period without losing position and crystals in arenas.
    Maybe I’m just dreaming though

I'm not very fond of fleet arena, never have been. I do alright since i unlocked the HMF for GA/TW purposes, but mostly minimal effort for top50/100.
    I always finish top3 in the squad arena, get max waves in both TBs, only lost 3 GAs (darn 3v3) and pull my weight in TWs.
    It's just that i don't really want a team/toon at the moment, so i'm waiting for something better to come allong. This will give me an advantage when that happens. At the moment i'm waiting on the droids rework to see if i'm going to max them and on carth to be farmable to build a new GA/TW team. Also hoarding for a new panic farm which is bound to come sooner or later.
    it's a bit boring right now, but i think it will pay off eventually.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Eh. I just do what I want to do all the time anyway.

It's just a game. Whether I finish 1st or 1000th in arena, I still need to go to work tomorrow and still have to remember to pick up dinner on the way home. None of this matters. In a hundred years our grandchildren aren't going to say "Yeah, but, I mean they finished 1st in arena ALL THE TIME."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Eh. I just do what I want to do all the time anyway.

It's just a game. Whether I finish 1st or 1000th in arena, I still need to go to work tomorrow and still have to remember to pick up dinner on the way home. None of this matters. In a hundred years our grandchildren aren't going to say "Yeah, but, I mean they finished 1st in arena ALL THE TIME."

You mean your account isn't part of your will....? I see a legal battle over your account when you die. Lol

Yeah people take this way too serious. Choices! Live and die by them.

Oh yeah! Don't forget milk on the way home.
  • Guy in my guild has all gold roster. Customers like this have money to burn and need new toys to buy, which is why the game will continue to release new toys.

They have slowed down on marquees lately, so that helps some.
  • Few responses here are specific to the “super whales” which are irrelevant to the vast majority of the community. So a handful of people have all chars g12, what percentage of the community do they represent less than 5% ? Let’s go crazy and think about the majority that play for fun/enjoyment/guild friendship and live in the real world with bills to pay rather than the rich with excess disposable income. Fair play they have the money and congrats to them, but let’s give the majority a break, if that’s what they want if not then no worries just my opinion
  • It’s a great idea for a consumer to think. However, SWGOH is a business which has quarterly expectations from their investors and parent company EA. Also, Disney itself expects profits from companies that license their name/brand so if they don’t continue to meet those marks then they would most likely lose the Star Wars brand altogether. I am 100% with you on this btw but it’s not realistic to expect it out of a company that employees people and needs to make money/increase the worth of their company stock. If they took a break then they would most likely do some layoffs and I would feel bad knowing that me not wanting to farm toons I don’t like costed a family a way of living. So there are a lot of things going on both sides of the fence. I understand we are forced in a way to keep up with the grind to maintain the level of growth but honestly this will never end. It’s better to understand the business model and accept it rather than ask for illogical expectancies. If you wanted to drink less coffee then you wouldn’t expect Starbucks to stop making coffee right? It’s more of a personal consumer choice when it comes to consumerism. So thems is my 2 pennies. Sorry for the rant! 🙃
  • It’s a great idea for a consumer to think. However, SWGOH is a business which has quarterly expectations from their investors and parent company EA. Also, Disney itself expects profits from companies that license their name/brand so if they don’t continue to meet those marks then they would most likely lose the Star Wars brand altogether. I am 100% with you on this btw but it’s not realistic to expect it out of a company that employees people and needs to make money/increase the worth of their company stock. If they took a break then they would most likely do some layoffs and I would feel bad knowing that me not wanting to farm toons I don’t like costed a family a way of living. So there are a lot of things going on both sides of the fence. I understand we are forced in a way to keep up with the grind to maintain the level of growth but honestly this will never end. It’s better to understand the business model and accept it rather than ask for illogical expectancies. If you wanted to drink less coffee then you wouldn’t expect Starbucks to stop making coffee right? It’s more of a personal consumer choice when it comes to consumerism. So thems is my 2 pennies. Sorry for the rant! 🙃

Your quite right the business needs to make money I totorally get that, the company I work for is ruthless believe me. However the strategy used to make money could be more effective for both player and business. I go back to rock, paper, scissor analogy. Surely from business perspective making is farm 3 squads ie rock, paper, scissors is more lucrative than making us farm 1 squad. Then to appease people like me they have periodic breaks to far characters of personal interest this works both ways as would take significant time to farm the rock, paper, scissors teams which = money for CG but allows time for side projects/personal interest as well. Also which ever business your in you need to keep customer vaguely happy/interested to make money

Just a follow up, I don’t think you ranting just expressing a view which is what the forum is meant to be for. Instead of haters and crybabies
    I respect your comments and enjoy discussing this topic with you and others, it’s quite refreshing to have a sensible debate with someone 😊
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    It’s a great idea for a consumer to think. However, SWGOH is a business which has quarterly expectations from their investors and parent company EA. Also, Disney itself expects profits from companies that license their name/brand so if they don’t continue to meet those marks then they would most likely lose the Star Wars brand altogether. I am 100% with you on this btw but it’s not realistic to expect it out of a company that employees people and needs to make money/increase the worth of their company stock. If they took a break then they would most likely do some layoffs and I would feel bad knowing that me not wanting to farm toons I don’t like costed a family a way of living. So there are a lot of things going on both sides of the fence. I understand we are forced in a way to keep up with the grind to maintain the level of growth but honestly this will never end. It’s better to understand the business model and accept it rather than ask for illogical expectancies. If you wanted to drink less coffee then you wouldn’t expect Starbucks to stop making coffee right? It’s more of a personal consumer choice when it comes to consumerism. So thems is my 2 pennies. Sorry for the rant! 🙃

Just a follow up, I don’t think you ranting just expressing a view which is what the forum is meant to be for. Instead of haters and crybabies
    I respect your comments and enjoy discussing this topic with you and others, it’s quite refreshing to have a sensible debate with someone 😊

Agreed, there is a lot of emotion when people reply on here but maybe that just comes from passion? Lol.

Passion leads to bias, bias leads to hatred, hatred lead to panic farming?

In regards to changing the business model that is a tricky mistress. The execs have most likely reported their plans to how they will increase spending in the player base so whatever is in the works will play out and I am just guessing that they have planned out the road ahead for the full year.

I would LOVE if they would make a bundle in the store to 7* a marquee toon right out the gates. Say put a $100 price tag on it? I know it’s a bit less than if we were to spend crystal packs to farm them but idk if the entire player base would actually purchase it making more money ultimately across the board rather than depending on the whales to pony up the $300+ bucks it usually is for 7* the newest toon.

Just a thought 💭
  • leef wrote: »

I think that's the point of the OP. I'm on the same boat at you with enough gear and Crystals to max out an entire team, but I won't do it because I'm waiting for the next big release. I know it's the o ly way for us ftp to be competitive, but it gets kinda frustrating sometimes
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Few responses here are specific to the “super whales” which are irrelevant to the vast majority of the community. So a handful of people have all chars g12, what percentage of the community do they represent less than 5% ? Let’s go crazy and think about the majority that play for fun/enjoyment/guild friendship and live in the real world with bills to pay rather than the rich with excess disposable income. Fair play they have the money and congrats to them, but let’s give the majority a break, if that’s what they want if not then no worries just my opinion

The spenders are far from irrelevant. They keep the game afloat. Without them the game ends. The majority will just have to accept the fact that they will never have an A-list roster like the spenders do. It's ok if you cannot afford to keep up with them. It's just a game, after all.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    I love this game and been playing about 3 years, have unlocked all toons and guild has raids on farm but......
    What I really want and think everyone can relate to is that the constant release of new toons/farms is getting too much.
    I would love a month maybe even 2 that I can just focus on few toons I need/want to gear/and star up, rather than feel I need to chase the new releases.
    Before I get all the hate, I fully understand that chasing new characters/ships is a choice and everyone can farm what they like, etc.
    Even the super whales haven’t 7* and g12 every character and ship so therefore an break in releases would benefit the whole community and allow people to further develop their rosters. Stronger rosters for everyone would make the majority of the game modes more interesting/challenging and competitive.
    Also with a delay in new content release CG has more potential for purchases flour to excitement of a new meta release after a break in new content releases, we all know how much they love making money and tempting us with packs?
    As previously stated I have all toons unlocked and over 4 million GP, average top 50 in both arenas so not a new player but want to explore all characters and ships.
    Am I alone in thinking like this? I doubt it but am interested what others think?

QFT, +1, etc.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you