Fix PvP

Please? Revan mirror matches just run the clock down. I think what will fix it all is 2 more minutes for the match. So instead of 5 minutes make PvP 7 minutes that way it doesn’t time out on me, making me furious with rage/frustration. The majority of my days start off on the wrong foot due to overall frustrations with this games mechanics, matchmaking, collusion in PvP, and other problems like unbalanced toons. I played a PvP match Friday night and started the battle right when my doorbell rang so I hit auto not really expecting much. Came back to find that I would have won the match if given more time. It was Revan mirror and I had Revan, GM Yoda, Bastilla left and the opponent just had bastilla left to kill but in 4X speed on auto THE GAME itself couldn’t finish the match in time. You have to admit that’s pretty bad that on the fastest speed with the computer taking all the turns that it still can’t finish the match out. I mean what am I suppose to do? Doesn’t really make the player base want to keep grinding away at arena now does it? Maybe someone can help me find the discord for my shard? Can’t beat, join them.

In short add more time to arena. K thanks.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Please? Revan mirror matches just run the clock down.

Don't run mirror matches then. Add a bit of damage output to your team on offense.

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The problem with more time for matches would be that players could "lock" their spots for even longer before payout. If you have enough damage output, you can fit two even of those Revan mirror matches in 7 minutes, with a 50 crystal refresh. Or you could wait 7 minutes to target the most convenient team for you while they are battling to lock their place.

It's frustrating to run out of time. There were several occasions for me too when there was a single toon left with a red or low yellow health bar and the clock ran out. The best thing you can do is to avoid mirror matches or increase your damage. At high end arena you usually need to invest in more than a single team anyway. Revan is not neccessarily the best Revan counter, it's just the team that holds best on defense.
    You can use a counter team for 4 matches and then just shift back to Revan.
  • 2 comments for avoiding mirror matches. Bros. Come on that’s not possible currently with only Revans in the mix. If I use another team then I would be the prime target which would drop me significantly faster. You can’t really avoid mirror matches rn. Nothing but a wall of revans in my shard. I’m talking position 50 and above fam lol.
  • Another thing, and I am dreaming a dream here, is to make arena real time in which who ever is winning the match (ie. most damage done) will win the match if the clock runs out before taking out the entire squad.

I have played tons of mobile games that have real time matches that AI is not defending the arena position. Just might take a minute for match making to go through at times but it’s worth it for a better PvP experience.
  • Revan at 5k special damage, GMY at 4.6k, and Bastila at 3.2k. Your team hits like a wet noodle. No wonder you time out.

GMY should be around 6.5k special damage and Revan up near 6k. If you can get close to those numbers you can leave Bastila where she is and still see a huge reduction in time outs.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    By avoiding mirror matches I meant switching in Traya with Fallen Bastila or a JTR team with a fast R2. You are more likely to get targetted, but only if you are using it for more than those 30-40 minutes that you normally need to climb.
    Hopefully future metas will not lead to arenas full of a single team, but for another few weeks it's likely that the situation will stay the same.
    5 minutes is tough for Revan mirror matches, but I still don't think increasing the timer or eliminating draws would provide a long term solution. If a team can hold for 5 minutes, they deserve to keep that spot after all.
    Real time arena would likely consume to much time from a player's day. Also it would be easy to exploit. Since turns would still be based on speed, you just need a toon that outruns the other team's speed and a raid Han. You take a first shot with Han, and then just stand still with the other toon until the clock runs out. Match won (considering that draws are eliminated and only the damage counts).
  • By avoiding mirror matches I meant switching in Traya with Fallen Bastila or a JTR team with a fast R2. You are more likely to get targetted, but only if you are using it for more than those 30-40 minutes that you normally need to climb.
    Hopefully future metas will not lead to arenas full of a single team, but for another few weeks it's likely that the situation will stay the same.
    5 minutes is tough for Revan mirror matches, but I still don't think increasing the timer or eliminating draws would provide a long term solution. If a team can hold for 5 minutes, they deserve to keep that spot after all.
    Real time arena would likely consume to much time from a player's day. Also it would be easy to exploit. Since turns would still be based on speed, you just need a toon that outruns the other team's speed and a raid Han. You take a first shot with Han, and then just stand still with the other toon until the clock runs out. Match won (considering that draws are eliminated and only the damage counts).

That’s a good point about Han shooting first people would exploit that. Hard to factor in all these special toons that defy the mechanics of every other toon like Han, nest, etc.

Yeah I guess it’s always really been a broken mode in the game especially with collusion controlling most of the shards.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Revan at 5k special damage, GMY at 4.6k, and Bastila at 3.2k. Your team hits like a wet noodle. No wonder you time out.

GMY should be around 6.5k special damage and Revan up near 6k. If you can get close to those numbers you can leave Bastila where she is and still see a huge reduction in time outs.

Nice yeah thanks for the advise on mods. I should work on those for sure but ultimately you would think that the opponent would surely beat me with their mods if the game was able to complete the match on auto with the fastest speed that the game can take the actions with. That’s a rediculous run-on sentence but I am having difficulties relaying the issues that arena has.

You are right mods are a factor but I still think that with the current gear level and the type of matches these are that more time is needed to play the match. What happens when level 90 comes out? Gear tier XIII?

I am also not saying that it’s impossible to complete these matches, rather that it is becoming increasingly harder to get the match completed in time. As soon as I kill their Bindo I hit auto in hopes that it will complete in time, which it usually will! However, it does not seem optimal so I figure come hear and voice my opinion regarding my current thoughts on PvP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The more i read about players timing out, the happier i am with this meta. I wish i could be more sympathetic, but it may be the main reason i don't drop hard in arena.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    The more i read about players timing out, the happier i am with this meta. I wish i could be more sympathetic, but it may be the main reason i don't drop hard in arena.

Lol yeah that is understandable.
  • you would think that the opponent would surely beat me with their mods if the game was able to complete the match on auto with the fastest speed that the game can take the actions with

Fortunately the AI isn't that smart and you can make up for a lot of deficiencies (speed, damage output, etc.) thanks to it. When you pit the AI against itself in a mirror match, as long as the difference between the teams isn't to great, you get a truly random outcome. This includes matches that take longer than 5 minutes.