Grief Teams and Damage

Krey
341 posts Member
Today, on my 3rd to last battle, I ran into a grief team. By that, I mean I ran into a team that no one would ever bring to GW and get more than 1 or 2 battles out of it.

Poe (L)
Leia
QGJ
GS
Rey

All 7*, all purple, all level 70. No healer. Yeah...team designed with the soul purpose to screw up someone's galactic war.

So I threw in a pack of scrubs to eat a few special abilities, lower their health, and maybe take a couple out so my regular team could mop up easily.

Sidious (L)
Phasma
Ahsoka
Plo Koon
Kylo Ren

All are 7*, max gear except for Plo. He is only 5* with max gear.

Anyway, my scrub team won.

Now, if we had been taking bets on an arena fight, I would never in a million years have taken that team to win. So what's up? Did I just get massively lucky with the RNG, or is the damage in GW different than the damage in the arena? Because I have not noticed a damage difference, but that's the only way I can come to terms winning that battle, even with amazing RNG and terrible AI.

Oh....and for everyone leaving grief teams in GW trying to screw up someone else's GW....grow up.

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    If it's the last few nodes I'll whip out the arena team or arena test teams for a spin. There is no trial area so I use the last round where it's okay to lose charactors as a trial.

So it may or may not be just designed to troll you
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    If you really want to test arena teams, retreat before the match is over. Then you can test indefinitely.

Just do not finish with a team like that. It doesn't really affect me unless I come across 4 or 5 of them. But for those without much of a bench, it can completely ruin them. There is no reason to do that, even if you are just testing for the arena.
  • Sometimes my gw team can't beat a node in good order so i have to use my arena team. I have no regrets about that.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Sometimes my gw team can't beat a node in good order so i have to use my arena team. I have no regrets about that.

That I completely understand. I have had to change for the final node a few times because of heal cool downs and what not. Even then, I try to keep it light since I can lose guys on the last one and it doesn't matter.

But I have seen a couple people on these forums brag about it.