General Grievous Rework Gameplay Unveiling with Text! WE DID IT!

15678911Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't blame the guy either, but he's accountable for the small part he played in the whole ordeal.

You can't blame him.... but you can blame him?

If developers gave him a video that showed a team doing one thing, but in reality that team behaves differently, how is he supposed to know? Is he supposed to say - "OK, expect what you see in this video to not be what will happen in reality based on nothing tangible but my say-so."

The only way he can be held accountable is if:

1.) EA/CG told him that players were not going to get the results they saw in the video and he didn't say anything.
    2.) If he knew that EA/CG uses gamechangers for deceiving players and was fine with that.

In both cases, he and EA/CG and he would be liars. You already said he wasn't a liar so I do not understand what being "accountable" means.

@ColonelTravis
    I never said you can't blame him, you can definately blame him. I do not blame him for what he did because i think his actions are understandable. I might have done the same if i were in his position, i would have felt guilty about it in hindsight though. Can't feel guilty for something you had no part in..
    For example, if you were lead to believe someone stole $10 dollars from you, i wouldn't blame you for trying to take those $10 back. Now if it turns out someone else actually stole those $10, are you not accountable for your actions while trying to get your $10 back? Afterall, you effectively tried to steal $10 from a totally innocent person.
    So he's accountable for spreading misleading information (unknowingly) on his youtube channel.
    That being said, imo he's also accountable as you described in option 2 to a certain extent. He entered into a contract with ea/cg knowing he was being used to spread promotional material, ea/cg promoted him as a gamechanger (ingame links to his channel) and gave him other perks in exchange, which got him more views. ea/cg have a history of "misleading" their customers, but he entered into the contract anyway and posted footage provided by them knowing that there was a reasonable chance it should atleast be taken with a grain of salt. This however doesn't make him a liar, which i never said he wasn't btw.
    i believe he mentioned it was footage provided by carrie, so that works in his favour.
    Hopefully this clarifies it all. Maybe i'm using the word "accountable" incorrectly, but context should clear that up. I still watch his vids from time to time eventhough i don't like the gc program, so it's not like i dislike the guy, i just take everything he, or any gamechanger for that matter, says with a grain of salt.
    As for the people here who don't blame ahnald, but say it's the players their own fault for gearing/buying stuff based on a vid ahnald put out, you guys are hilarious. He gets a free pass for spreading misleading info because he didn't know and he trusted ea/cg, but the other guys who trusted him (ahnald) should have known better? That's truly hilarious.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Knock Knock
  • Options
    #droidslivesmatters
  • Options
    You think you had it bad, I spent 4 Zetas before I realized it was a bust. The GG hype put me back about 3 months playing time. I have learned one thing, don’t trust the CG. If it is not a “Hero’s Journey” character that will induce massive panic farming and P2P encouragement, the character must not be worth it.
  • Options
    You think you had it bad, I spent 4 Zetas before I realized it was a bust. The GG hype put me back about 3 months playing time. I have learned one thing, don’t trust the CG. If it is not a “Hero’s Journey” character that will induce massive panic farming and P2P encouragement, the character must not be worth it.
    I knew Grievous would not be as good as the videos CG out out because characters never are as good as they make you think. Still put two zetas and g12’d 3 of the team because I thought that even if he wasn’t a Revan-smasher, he would still be useful. Wrong. This team’s only use to to beat Revan, and they can only do that with a full 7 star g12 team with all of their zetas and good mods. For a fraction of the investment I can make a much better team with BHs or Sith. And although it can beat Revan, Revan will walk over him on offense, just like every other meta, near-meta, or past meta team, and is useless in every raid. He can’t even do the Rancor raid because he kills all of his teammates. I really hope they refund those zetas, because GG sucks hard unless you spend a fortune on the team. And I guarantee you he will already be outdated by the time Droideka is farmable.
  • Options
    Any team that's been reworked or given a big boost has been offensively viable in the arena in offence Agaisnt the meta.

This team is garbage across the line. Requires more gear, zetas and mods than any team had ever required and more than is worth the return yoy get. Shameful and sad.
  • Options
    Even though GG is not gonna be the next meta in arena. But im pretty much sure that this GG will still work on offence against new meta.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    And after all these years of wait, ladies and gentlemen, the reworked grievous sucks more than the old one! RIP to those who even spent money on them
  • Options
    cynerd wrote: »
    Even though GG is not gonna be the next meta in arena. But im pretty much sure that this GG will still work on offence against new meta.
    That would make literally zero sense, because people aren’t going to spend big bucks for the new meta if there is already a good counter-team out there. CG would never do that. They still believe that GG and the Separatists are a great team and that the community is just too stupid to mod the team correctly and use proper lineups.
  • Options
    Im glad that I did not jump in the hype. I can't stop thinking that CG may release a new droid with some interesting ability in the future (like preventing assist if target lock)... You know, just like what Range Trooper did for the IT faction.
  • Options
    spir wrote: »
    Im glad that I did not jump in the hype. I can't stop thinking that CG may release a new droid with some interesting ability in the future (like preventing assist if target lock)... You know, just like what Range Trooper did for the IT faction.
    We may get a tactical droid or a commando droid somewhere down the line, but probably nothing for the next 6+ months.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    leef - you keep adding qualifiers but you are, in fact, saying that Ahnald is deceiving - knowingly. That is the definition of a liar. Does EA/CG lie to players? I think they clearly lied in this case. I've seen no one show how a fully-maxed GG can be an effective counter to a fully-maxed Revan in arena like that initial, misleading video. In fact, in real gameplay with a fully-maxed GG team, I've seen evidence that such a thing is impossible.

You aren't willing to use the L word but you also said but Ahnald "entered into the contract anyway", which is another way of saying he was familiar about EA/CG's past. You are saying that, if EA/CG was gonna lie about GG, even if he didn't know if they were, he would be OK with that. Your arguments cannot be taken any other way that both parties are verifiable liars.

At this point, we all know Ahnald knows exactly what EA/CG has done. Here is a comment from Ahnald's newest video, which came out a few hours before my comment here:
    Virtual-Zero Zero
    What bothers me is how they teased Grevious destroying a Revan team in the kit reveal :(

AhnaldT101

Trust me, I feel ya

Tease?

No. They lied.

If Ahnald continues as a game changer, then, yes, he is definitely complicit with any EA/CG future deception, and he doesn't mind the past deception enough to quit. Although, of all the EA/CG deceptions, and I've been playing this game since Dec. 2015, I cannot put one higher than what they said this GG team would be like.

Have enough players thought seriously about what has happened here? I really don't know. As long as the millions of dollars keeps rolling in, I know EA/CG doesn't care.
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »
    We may get a tactical droid or a commando droid somewhere down the line, but probably nothing for the next 6+ months.

Sad but true, I ll eventually gear up GG and friend, but this is not a priority for me
  • Options

Droideka can 1 shot Traya ;) Lol but if we don’t get start getting videos like today/tomorrow on Grievous team in HAAT/HSTR Raid... it’s because there isn’t one. And I think it’s basically been confirmed the team is meant only to be a #5 team in TW/GA.
  • Options

It probably would have been even better if it was something like: "Whenever an enemy attacks out of turn, all allies gain +3 speed until the end of the encounter."
  • Options

Droideka can 1 shot Traya ;) Lol but if we don’t get start getting videos like today/tomorrow on Grievous team in HAAT/HSTR Raid... it’s because there isn’t one. And I think it’s basically been confirmed the team is meant only to be a #5 team in TW/GA.

Droideka will not be able to get the best amount of use from his special in raids, because his attack gets boosted by the enemy taking turns, and you don't want the raid bosses to be taking turns at all.
  • Options
    consumer wrote: »
    I am just going to post this here: https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

Why is this worth complaining you ask? They first distributed a content that were apparently fraudulent, and they did not deliver. This made people spend a lot of money. Dear @AhnaldT101, please dont remove any of your content, if you dont secretly work for CG. If you do, that's a whole other process.

And dear CG, please consult your legal department before removing this post.

Hey @Kyno , this post does not directly related to game either. Do you want to remove this as well?
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Options
    CG: From the start, GG was intended to only be a GA team.
    Community: That kind of sucks but alright.
    CG: Also we will be nerfing GA rewards >:)
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    .... I feel horrible for @Ahnaldt101, cg did him dirty on this one. So depressing....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    .... I feel horrible for @Ahnaldt101, cg did him dirty on this one. So depressing....

Just ahnald ??

Disclaimer i did not chase it.

Also some people who whaled out on that sep team made out greater than you could possibly imagine !!!!