General Grievous Rework Gameplay Unveiling with Text! WE DID IT!

Replies

• So with GG new zetas, I am guessing You can now use IPD suicide right off the bat and kill, Revan, Jollee, Traya, CLS, Chewie, C3p0 or whoever you choose to die first, making every match a 4 vs 4 but you choose the pillar toon that supports that team stand a chance? Cool I'm in.

Never mind I miss read it's all droids take damage each to 8 percent his max health. I thought that was against health. Oh well. Guess the little death Bot stays with EP for now.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Congrats on getting your wish come true @AhnaldT101 !
  • This just goes to prove that with enough complaining and nagging anything is possible as long as you don’t give up! 🌈 ✨ ☁️
  • AhnaldT101 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So at the start of each turn, he kills 8 stacks of b1?

Yep! Kind of a risky little unique ability!

Doesn't that mean that the damage amount rounds up? Are we sure that's how it works?
  • ZetaGrievous
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If someone only had one Zeta ready when the rework occurred, which Zeta would be better to do first? As a bigger question, in what general order should I get all the Separatist Droid Zetas (this question would be better answered after all the reworks are out)?
  • If someone only had one Zeta ready when the rework occurred, which Zeta would be better to do first? As a bigger question, in what general order should I get all the Separatist Droid Zetas (this question would be better answered after all the reworks are out)?
    We don’t know what zetas droideka and magnaguard have yet. We will know tomorrow though.
  • At the start of Grievous' turn, all other Droid allies take damage equal to 8% of his Max Health, doubled for Light Side Droids and he gains 5% Max Health and Potency for each other Droid ally for the rest of the encounter. This damage cannot defeat characters. That last sentence should tell you if it kills b1 or not.........

Technically, B1 isn't being killed. He's just losing 8% of his 1 health, which rounds up to 1 total. If B1 counted as being killed every time he lost 8 stacks instead of just after he lost the last few, that would also be OP, because of Grievous continually gaining turns with reset cooldowns, but since he's taking a turn, B1 loses another 8 stacks (life), which in turn creates an endless cycle... ...since B1 can't be killed by this ability.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Rcassino wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Rcassino wrote: »
    Can you do a video with him in the sith raid? If he's really good in it I will invest heavily
    I don’t think he will be good in the sith raid. The longer the battle goes on, the more health Grievous gets and the more damage he will do to his allies on each of his turns. B1 can only heal so much, especially when he loses 8 stacks whenever Grievous takes a turn.

What if you throw Hermit Yoda in the mix?
    Here’s the thing. B1 seems like he would be great in raids due to his insane health and protection recovery. But he is not. Especially in phases 3 and 4 of the sith raid. Traya’s bonds of weakness cannot kill a character, but it can remove stacks of droid battalion from B1, meaning that every time an ally does something B1 will lost 8 stacks. They may have some viability in phase 1 or 2.
  • CeeBeeZee wrote: »
    Since Grevious is getting a new ability and loosing “sinister laugh”

tbhtudltln8c.png

Will the ability mats be applied to the new attack?

R.I.P. Sinister Laugh :'( I hated that ability.
  • CeeBeeZee wrote: »
    Since Grevious is getting a new ability and loosing “sinister laugh”

tbhtudltln8c.png

Will the ability mats be applied to the new attack?

R.I.P. Sinister Laugh :'( I hated that ability.

Hmmm... @ZetaGrievous you stole my profile picture.... Don’t really care though, it’s not 'mine'.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • @CG_SBCrumb can you all let us know what's going to happen to the omegas we've used on GG's abilities that are now going to require zetas?

But his leader and unique abilities (the ones getting zetas) don't currently use omegas?
  • CG_SBCrumb can you all let us know what's going to happen to the omegas we've used on GG's abilities that are now going to require zetas?

Only Grievous’ leader and unique are getting zetas, and neither of those abilities currently have omega upgrades.
  • Dunno if this has been asked yet (I gotta go to a meeting sorry!) two questions-

1) With Skittering Horror replacing sinister laugh and metalloid monstrosity replacing tactical retreat- can i assume that if you have the originals at level 8 and 7 respectively- you will have them at the new abilities at the same level?

2) do we know the cost for the two zetas hes got?

cheers guys
  • I know there is more coming tomorrow, but honesty, I’m not blown away by this rework.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    What happens if we do an annhilate from Nihilus on B1 ? He loses just 1 bataillon stack or he completely disappear ?
  • Droideka wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    You know, im happy greavous isnt terrible... but general kenobi took him down alone....

We getting a GK rework to compete soon?
    Alone? The 212th was there supporting him.

So basically: Zeta GK leadership, some clones reworked or some new ones and done.
  • I know there is more coming tomorrow, but honesty, I’m not blown away by this rework.

I think it all depends on how hard of a counter to Revan it is and how easily Revan can beat it... Assuming he can beat it.
  • jnb4zxquyx1d.jpeg
    Been n saving this mod just for Grievous. 😆 now just need it 6• for 16% Health.

I got ya bro. It should be in your mailbox 😉yrf0yesefhkt.jpg

Dude I’d say you’re mod is slightly better. We’ll have to see which one of us manages to get more Max Health on our Grievous.
  • Cweneldic
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    What happens if we do an annhilate from Nihilus on B1 ? He loses just 1 bataillon stack or he completely disappear ?

Nihilus's annihilate just "instantly defeats target". it doesn't do damage, so it wont trigger stack removal on B1. B1 can't be defeated while it has battalion, so B1 will stick around. Nihilus would gain 1 max health.

you'd be better off annihilating anyone else on the team
  • Cweneldic wrote: »

Nihilus's annihilate just "instantly defeats target". it doesn't do damage, so it wont trigger stack removal on B1. B1 can't be defeated while it has battalion, so B1 will stick around. Nihilus would gain 1 max health.

you'd be better off annihilating anyone else on the team

Well, they said that annihilate will take away 8 stacks even though it doesn't deal damage and therefor should NOT reduce stacks.
    They need to add a line to B1's unique regarding the instant defeat abilities (devour and annihilate).
    And they need to make sure that Nihilus' AI doesn't go for B1 with his annihilate...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Well, they said that annihilate will take away 8 stacks even though it doesn't deal damage and therefor should NOT reduce stacks.
    They need to add a line to B1's unique regarding the instant defeat abilities (devour and annihilate).
    And they need to make sure that Nihilus' AI doesn't go for B1 with his annihilate...

missed the comment from crumb in the kit reveal stating that. a line in the battalion ability regarding that would be nice; just reading the abilities descriptions is where I drew the conclusion I did
  • Droideka wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    You know, im happy greavous isnt terrible... but general kenobi took him down alone....

Alone? The 212th was there supporting him.

Alone, yes, and without his lightsaber....
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    GGs damage doesn't ignore protection (unless I missed something - completely possible), so no IPD self destruct off the bat like with Palpatine.

Enter: Paper IPD (or just G6 or whereever protection sets in)

• With so many thinking of modding GG with Health mods, it’s going to be a big target to expose....
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Will Critical damage mod will affect the overall damage ?
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    GGs damage doesn't ignore protection (unless I missed something - completely possible), so no IPD self destruct off the bat like with Palpatine.

Enter: Paper IPD (or just G6 or whereever protection sets in)

Lol. They just resolved paper zombie,after like a full year. Now they implement paper ipd?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

In a duel. Not with an entire army of droids firing on him. A squad of droids under Grievous represents an army, or at least B1 does. Whereas an arena team of Jedi is just that, five Jedi.