Gear 12 stats not counting towards your base for mod bonuses

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. But I thought all gear equipped goes to your base stats. And from those base stats mod bonuses are calculated. I have just noticed that gear 12 gear isn’t counting towards the base that mod bonuses are coming from. The mod bonuses are coming from the toons gear 11 stats. For example GG was around 20k health before adding gear 12 gear. I have mods adding 60.88% health and 1651 health. With gear 11 GG it adds around 13,800. My GG has all but one gear 12 piece and a base health before mods of around 39,000 and with my mods is only getting that 13,800 bonus. Did they mention when gear 12 came out it won’t add to your base for bonuses? Cause after the gear 12 he should be getting 25,500 health from my mods. I tried this with L3 and Zaalbar with the exact same results. And the speed mod set is only giving my Revan +14 speed and not +16 and he has all his gear 12. So for Revan it is going off 148 and not his current 160 base.

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Only closed gear levels. So no stats count for mods until you hit the Upgrade button to close the level. G12 cannot be closed so those stats won't count until there is a G13.

Edit: typos
  • Just checked my revan - exactly the same as you. Speed is 301(+141). The mods themselves have +127, so he’s getting +14 from the set.
  • I was not aware of this :/ I don't recall them stating that G12 pieces don't add to base stats for mods either
  • I was not aware of this :/ I don't recall them stating that G12 pieces don't add to base stats for mods either

Because it's not new to G12. It works this way for all gear levels.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Only closed gear levels. So no stats count for mods until you hit the Upgrade button to close the level. G12 cannot be closed so those stats won't count until there is a G13.

Where did they say this?

Where did they say this?

When mods were introduced maybe? I'll try to find it but it's also easy enough to validate on some random G8 character.
  • Can understand the logic for lower gear levels, I suppose.

And getting 2 more speed on my revan just means most everyone else in the shard also gets 2 more!

Thank you for clarification. I think that needs to change. GG more then doubles his health in gear 12. I need that bonus health.
    Can understand the logic for lower gear levels, I suppose.

And getting 2 more speed on my revan just means most everyone else in the shard also gets 2 more!

I am more concerned about GG’s health. Only getting 13,800 instead of the 25,000 health bonus I should be getting

Where did they say this?

That's the way mods have worked since mods were put into the game.
  • Couldn't find anything official so this thread from 2017 that describes mods working only on complete gear tiers will have to do: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117546/how-does-increasing-gear-level-and-equipping-gear-affect-stats
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure we have an official statement, but 100% only closed gear sets count to the base stats that mods calculate from.

This can be seen by the purple numbers that appear when you close a gear set.
  • This was determined by players who were trying to calculate how defense worked.

On the plus side, bonuses to stats from +str/agi/tac are seen by mods even if they are on open gear pieces (likely because it affects the stats indirectly), but no other current gear level stats are affected by mods.