Why does B1 have Mk 12 ArmaTek Armor Plating as g12 piece :D

6t5lsh7x1bg7.png

Seriously, as far as I know this provides exactly ZERO benefit to this character. All it does is it needlessly inflates his GP (he's not even crew so whats the point). Am I missing something or is this an error at the swgoh.gg?

Replies

• Same reason Yoda has pieces that affect his physical damage even though he is all special
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Because this game is grindy and CG isn't going to make it less boring in this regard.
  • Doesn’t strength add to offense?
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Doesn’t strength add to offense?

And Armor helps reduce the amount of damage he takes........ oh wait
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Awesome! That's a G12 slot I don't need to worry about filling.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »

Nope. Health and armour for b1
  • I just checked in game and strength is listed as increasing physical damage, health, and armor. How would it only affect health and armor for B1 and not damage?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    I just checked in game and strength is listed as increasing physical damage, health, and armor. How would it only affect health and armor for B1 and not damage?

Its different for different types of toons, attack and support are only health and armour
    ad6gigdthxit.jpg
    Tanks add damage, health and armour
    ykx9o54uw74d.jpg
  • Thank you for clearing that up 😃
  • lladdir wrote: »

Wrongo..
  • PukeCrywalker
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    lladdir wrote: »

Sorry, let me explain further....
    Its a gear 12 piece. Am I the only here who can see that gear 13 is immenent?! So therefore, its very valuable and required piece of gear to see B1 to hear tier 13. Further more, it is a piece that leads to whatever the stats increase will be leveling to gt13....
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    I just checked in game and strength is listed as increasing physical damage, health, and armor. How would it only affect health and armor for B1 and not damage?

Its different for different types of toons, attack and support are only health and armour
    ad6gigdthxit.jpg
    Tanks add damage, health and armour
    ykx9o54uw74d.jpg

mace, plo, sthan, poe, holdo and jtr (and many others for sure) would like to disagree
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • lladdir wrote: »

Sorry, let me explain further....
    Its a gear 12 piece. Am I the only here who can see that gear 13 is immenent?! So therefore, its very valuable and required piece of gear to see B1 to hear tier 13. Further more, it is a piece that leads to whatever the stats increase will be leveling to gt13....

... except that doesn’t change the fact that strength only increases the b1’s health and armour, not its physical damage as the person I quoted thought it did. So even when gear 13 drops a boost of 110 strength still won’t do anything other than increase health and armour, which you know is kinda the point the op is making, it’s a piece of gear that is only there for gear progression and has no actual effect on the character on its own I.e. useless until g13 and even then only useful because it is required for g13.