Juhani the one hit wonder

Ultra
11452 posts Moderator
edited February 2019
https://youtu.be/zKlPe6E1J3Y

So I was playing experimenting with Carth lead with Revan and Juhani and my g11 5/6 5 star Juhani ended up doing 1 DMG on direct focus

Huh?

Did it several times and about 40% of direct focus by Revan resulted in Juhani doing 1 DMG against level 77 droids

This time I captured a video with a forced ally (chose lobot since he was the weakest) and Juhani does 4 DMG with defense down (see end of vid)

What is this 😂😂😂

Replies

• 4 damage. A total powerhouse. 🤣
  • op, pls nerf
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Btw, i havent figured out how is stealth useful for a tank? If she is not protecting other characters. Or is she regaining more healt/prot under stealth?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    marxuke123 wrote: »
    Btw, i havent figured out how is stealth useful for a tank? If she is not protecting other characters. Or is she regaining more healt/prot under stealth?

I imagine it's meant to synergize with toons like z, they swap the taunt while she regens
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    The assist from Revan is at -50% damage, which is maybe not noticeable when he is leader because Jedi attacking out of turn gain 35% offense. Carth's leadership gives OR allies a chance to call another OR ally to assist when using their basic, also dealing -50% damage. We know from Dev answers to bug reports that these would stack for -100% damage. This is what's happening; Revan is calling Juhani to assist in these times. I think the 4 could be from rounding error. In your vid you can't see it, because the character dies, but I would watch to see if she attacks twice on the times she does the small damage.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Looking deeper, it looks like both damage effects are set to expire on "perform move" from swgoh.gg, and there is another point in your video where Revan calls her for an additional assist and neither time does 1 damage. I wonder if it's only when the assist is on a killing blow? You can probably submit a bug report at Answers HQ. Maybe look to see if it only happens on a killing blow where there's no time for a second assist.
  • B1 gonna get smashed!😂
  • literally overpowered
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Looking deeper, it looks like both damage effects are set to expire on "perform move" from swgoh.gg, and there is another point in your video where Revan calls her for an additional assist and neither time does 1 damage. I wonder if it's only when the assist is on a killing blow? You can probably submit a bug report at Answers HQ. Maybe look to see if it only happens on a killing blow where there's no time for a second assist.
    ive ran this test a couple of times and it doesn’t happen on just the killing blow but on the first hit of a fully maxed droid too. Your explanation totally makes sense, both -50% damage are being stacked that would explain why it occurs sometimes (Assist calling Juhani being RNG dependent) and it drops to as low as 1
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    ive ran this test a couple of times and it doesn’t happen on just the killing blow but on the first hit of a fully maxed droid too. Your explanation totally makes sense, both -50% damage are being stacked that would explain why it occurs sometimes (Assist calling Juhani being RNG dependent) and it drops to as low as 1

I fully believe it's happening because the damage reductions stack. In and of itself, the devs might say WAI, but according to mechanics, both are supposed to expire on "perform move" and in your video I saw an instance of Juhani going twice where it didn't stack. So there's some weird order of operations thing going on where it's stacking the assists, which may be a bug. Couldn't hurt to file a bug report.
  • Still a better tank damage than Mace Windu
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • 4 whole damage?
    oc0h6l0htmub.gif
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    4 whole damage?
    oc0h6l0htmub.gif

On a crit.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited February 2019

I fully believe it's happening because the damage reductions stack. In and of itself, the devs might say WAI, but according to mechanics, both are supposed to expire on "perform move" and in your video I saw an instance of Juhani going twice where it didn't stack. So there's some weird order of operations thing going on where it's stacking the assists, which may be a bug. Couldn't hurt to file a bug report.

I thought the assist from Carth's leader ability only activates when an OR ally uses their basic, so it should only be -50% damage. Revan uses his basic when using Direct Focus, but I don't think that would activate the assist from Carth's lead. I've used Revan as an ally in a LS battle with Carth as the leader, and I never got three attacks when I used Strategic Advantage.

Even if Direct Focus does activate Carth's lead, the second attack from Juhani should be the one that has the -100% damage reduction, but her first attack did only 4. Revan also did damage, which means the target wasn't dead after Juhani attacked.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Drageero wrote: »

I thought the assist from Carth's leader ability only activates when an OR ally uses their basic, so it should only be -50% damage. Revan uses his basic when using Direct Focus, but I don't think that would activate the assist from Carth's lead. I've used Revan as an ally in a LS battle with Carth as the leader, and I never got three attacks when I used Strategic Advantage.

In the video, there is at least one instance where Juhani goes on marked, then Revan goes, then Juhani goes again. When Revan uses Direct Focus, it doesn't do damage. He calls himself to assist, which is using his basic. His turn is not yet over, so it meets all the conditions to activate the assist from Carth.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

In the video, there is at least one instance where Juhani goes on marked, then Revan goes, then Juhani goes again. When Revan uses Direct Focus, it doesn't do damage. He calls himself to assist, which is using his basic. His turn is not yet over, so it meets all the conditions to activate the assist from Carth.

Her first attack still shouldn't have -100% damage, though, since that attack is from Direct Focus. I could understand her second attack doing that little damage, but it doesn't really make sense on her first hit.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

Her first attack still shouldn't have -100% damage, though, since that attack is from Direct Focus. I could understand her second attack doing that little damage, but it doesn't really make sense on her first hit.

I agree with that. Each -50% is supposed to expire after the move. Which is why if it's stacking there is a bug.
  • marxuke123 wrote: »
    Btw, i havent figured out how is stealth useful for a tank? If she is not protecting other characters. Or is she regaining more healt/prot under stealth?

She's a tank that designed to work with another tank.

A small correction. I don't think revan calls himself to assist, because he doesn't get damage from traya

A small correction. I don't think revan calls himself to assist, because he doesn't get damage from traya

I think this is correct because Revan will still attack even when he's dazed, whereas if Ezra is dazed, he won't call himself to assist when he uses his second special.

Calling himself to assist or not wouldn't affect that. It's still his turn either way so he wouldn't take damage.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019

Traya wouldn't damage him, because she only damages characters attacking out-of-turn, and it's still his turn.

I think this is correct because Revan will still attack even when he's dazed, whereas if Ezra is dazed, he won't call himself to assist when he uses his second special.

I guess I'd like to see this happening. Looking through mechanics, it seems clear that he's only attacking because of the all-Jedi assist. In OP's video, it says "bonus attack" above Revan every single time he uses Direct Focus.