Dryden Vos Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited February 2019
whv6r8w79w9t.png

Dryden Vos
Dark Side, Attacker, Scoundrel, Smuggler

Kyuto Petars Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 75% chance to inflict stun for 1 turn. If the target isn’t stunned by this ability, inflict stagger and speed down for 2 turns which can’t be resisted. Dryden has a 50% chance to gain 1 stack of Scoundrel Secrets.

Teräs Käsi Special: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict healing immunity for 3 turns. If Dryden has been damaged since the last time he used this attack, it will ignore protection and defense. Gain 1 stack of Scoundrel Secrets for each active Scoundrel ally. Prepared: If Dryden is prepared, he gains protection up (30%) for 2 turns and all prepared allies gain advantage for 2 turns. Then, Dryden is no longer prepared. (Cooldown 2)

Scoundrel Secrets: +5% health steal, evasion, and counter chance per stack. Lose 1 stack whenever Dryden damages an enemy or is damaged by an enemy. Max stacks of 15.

Crimson Dawn Figurehead Leader: All Scoundrel allies have +30% potency and deal 25% more damage against debuffed enemies, doubled if the target also has protection. ZETA: All Scoundrel allies gain 5% turn meter and recover 5% health and protection whenever a debuffed enemy takes a turn, or an enemy dispels a debuff from another enemy.

Merciless Gangster Unique: Dryden has +25% critical chance. Whenever he scores a critical hit or evades, he gains 30% turn meter and has a 30% chance to become prepared. When Dryden attacks, there is a 50% chance for it to not be evaded. While he is active, all Scoundrel allies gain 5% critical damage for each active Scoundrel ally and each stack of Scoundrel Secrets on Dryden.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Yeah we need more DS solo toons, only had Range Trooper released. Like **** show the DS some love
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I absolutely love this kit. However, as always, I do have some points on it.
    First I noticed something between the special and the leadership. The leadership has increased damage on enemies without protection, while the special can ignore protection. Seems to kinda contradict each other. Maybe make it so that the damage is against enemies with protection. Would be a nice counter to nest.
    Second is the special. I do think it's set up a bit weird. With the counter chance he will end up using his basic a lot. Yet his only special has a cooldown of 4, which is a lot. Not to mention he can lose the stacks quite easily and gain them quite difficultly. Especially once his allies start dying. I think you should decrease the cooldown to 2 and reduce the stack gain to 1. Maybe also add a max stack amount to fully balance it out. I think somewhere between 10 to 15 seems balanced.
    Third, is unique. Overall nothing to say here except the 50% chance. The can't be dodged is ok. thou the wording can chance a bit. like "when Dryden attacks, his attack has a 50% chance to not be evaded/ be unavoidable. However the 50% turn meter gain chance is a bit weird. There are already a lot of high crit avoidance and crit hit immunity teams out there. I think you should just give him turn meter when he crits and, to synergyse with the previous point, also when he is evaded. something like "when Dyreden scores a critical hit or is evaded, he gains 30% Turn Meter". Seems more balanced.
    Finally the special once again. The condition for ignoring defence and protection is being damaged. Which is rather easy to accomplice. With my previous chance maybe make it if target ally has damaged him since his last turn? Would be a bit more logical.
    Great idea as always.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I absolutely love this kit. However, as always, I do have some points on it.
    First I noticed something between the special and the leadership. The leadership has increased damage on enemies without protection, while the special can ignore protection. Seems to kinda contradict each other. Maybe make it so that the damage is against enemies with protection. Would be a nice counter to nest.
    I’ll change it to enemies with protection, but that won’t really counter Nest because she has bonus protection.
    Second is the special. I do think it's set up a bit weird. With the counter chance he will end up using his basic a lot. Yet his only special has a cooldown of 4, which is a lot. Not to mention he can lose the stacks quite easily and gain them quite difficultly. Especially once his allies start dying. I think you should decrease the cooldown to 2 and reduce the stack gain to 1. Maybe also add a max stack amount to fully balance it out. I think somewhere between 10 to 15 seems balanced.
    Okay.
    Third, is unique. Overall nothing to say here except the 50% chance. The can't be dodged is ok. thou the wording can chance a bit. like "when Dryden attacks, his attack has a 50% chance to not be evaded/ be unavoidable. However the 50% turn meter gain chance is a bit weird. There are already a lot of high crit avoidance and crit hit immunity teams out there. I think you should just give him turn meter when he crits and, to synergyse with the previous point, also when he is evaded. something like "when Dyreden scores a critical hit or is evaded, he gains 30% Turn Meter". Seems more balanced.
    I like that. Do you think it would be too overpowered if he also gained 30% turn meter when he counterattacks?
    Finally the special once again. The condition for ignoring defence and protection is being damaged. Which is rather easy to accomplice. With my previous chance maybe make it if target ally has damaged him since his last turn? Would be a bit more logical.
    I like the way it’s set up already, it feels like he’s getting revenge on them by ignoring their defense and protection. And I think only allowing him to do that if he’s been damaged since his last turn would limit him too much.
  • I’ll change it to enemies with protection, but that won’t really counter Nest because she has bonus protection.
    Bonus protection is also protection. In terms of ability's at least. So his special will ignore it and he'll gain the bonus damage from his leadership from it. Seems a pretty good counter to her.
    I like that. Do you think it would be too overpowered if he also gained 30% turn meter when he counterattacks?
    Considering a counter attack can score a critical hit, I'm gonna say yes. Better keep it this way.
    I like the way it’s set up already, it feels like he’s getting revenge on them by ignoring their defense and protection. And I think only allowing him to do that if he’s been damaged since his last turn would limit him too much.
    I do think the condition is too easy, but I agree my condition is a bit to hard. Maybe limit it if he's been damaged since the last time he damaged them with this ability or the start of battle. In other words, having him damage them with his special be the reset for the condition. It's still bound to be quite easy to trigger the effect but it feels a bit more balanced.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I do think the condition is too easy, but I agree my condition is a bit to hard. Maybe limit it if he's been damaged since the last time he damaged them with this ability or the start of battle. In other words, having him damage them with his special be the reset for the condition. It's still bound to be quite easy to trigger the effect but it feels a bit more balanced.

Okay, so if he’s been damaged since the last time he used the ability, it will ignore defense and protection. That’s what you’re trying to say?
  • Okay, so if he’s been damaged since the last time he used the ability, it will ignore defense and protection. That’s what you’re trying to say?
    Yeah that's pretty much what I'm trying to saying.

• This is amazing. I need it in-game. Seems very viable, but not broken.
  • Three things.
    A. If his unique adds Cory damage per stack why not just make it part of the buff?
    B. Same unique, why not just make it easier with "+50% accuracy"? Or "50% chance to ignore foresight"?
    C. No prepared synergy? Maybe drop the scoundrel secret and add that stuff to prepared, "all prepared allies gain 20% health steal evasion etc"
    But love the leader need another scoundrel to use up some of the others like the vets while Qira takes the A team
  • This is amazing. I need it in-game. Seems very viable, but not broken.

If it’s not broken, it’s not arena viable.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Three things.
    A. If his unique adds Cory damage per stack why not just make it part of the buff?
    That way I don’t have to write it twice.
    B. Same unique, why not just make it easier with "+50% accuracy"? Or "50% chance to ignore foresight"?
    It’s easier to just say 50% chance to not be evaded than to specify each individual effect that his attacks have a 50% chance to ignore.
    C. No prepared synergy? Maybe drop the scoundrel secret and add that stuff to prepared, "all prepared allies gain 20% health steal evasion etc"
    But love the leader need another scoundrel to use up some of the others like the vets while Qira takes the A team
    I’ll add in prepared synergy.

• The only thing I'd recommend is the ability to get more stacks of Scoundrel Secrets, it seems really easy to lose them and even though the cooldown of the ability is two, it's rather easy to ability block and cooldown increase.
  • The only thing I'd recommend is the ability to get more stacks of Scoundrel Secrets, it seems really easy to lose them and even though the cooldown of the ability is two, it's rather easy to ability block and cooldown increase.

I added a chance for him to gain a stack from his basic.

I added a chance for him to gain a stack from his basic.

That's great! I think the kit is basically perfect now (for him, at least). It is balanced but still really good, well done!