Kit Rework: IG-100 MagnaGuard

UNIT NAME: IG-100 MagnaGuard
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Tank, Droid, Separatist
Disruptive Droid Tank that Taunts and takes an extra turn before it is defeated

ABILITIES:
New text in green

Basic: Electrostaff Assault

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Target Lock for 2 turns. If target was already Target Locked, MagnaGuard dispels all debuffs on itself and another random Separatist ally.

Special 1: Disruption (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and dispel all debuffs on all Separatist allies. MagnaGuard and General Grievous gain Speed Up for 2 turns.

Special 2: Stunning Strike (Cooldown 3) NEW

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. Then, Stun them for 1 turn. If no buffs were dispelled, reset the cooldown of this ability

Unique 1: Relentless Assault

FINAL TEXT: MagnaGuard has 70% counter chance and gains Taunt for 1 turn when it uses an ability during its turn. General Grievous and MagnaGuard gain 20% Tenacity and 20% Defense for each Target Locked enemy. The first time MagnaGuard reaches 1% Health, it takes 1 bonus turn and then is defeated. During this bonus turn, MagnaGuard has +100% Offense.

Replies

• Quite impressed with this rework. @CG_SBCrumb will any of his stats change like his speed, potency, health, etc.?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Because of his unique, Grievous’s unique that hurts his allies can still kill him, because Magnaguard dies when he goes to 1 health.
  • So are we getting a new grevious or are the ones we have just getting reworked? I had a long grind getting him to where he is....
  • synergies with the general and 70% chance for target lock with his basic.

not bad!
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Because of his unique, Grievous’s unique that hurts his allies can still kill him, because Magnaguard dies when he goes to 1 health.

It's 1% health not 1 health, so if his max health is 1 he will be at 100% of his 1 health.
  • Docshady77 wrote: »
    So are we getting a new grevious or are the ones we have just getting reworked? I had a long grind getting him to where he is....

Dear god... this comment actually left me speechless. I’ll try to explain without swearing.

The fact that it says rework implies that it is reworking an existing character. Why, why, why would you think that they would add another Grievous to the game?????????
  • This dude is going to work on a lot of teams. I like. Good solid tank with simple kit.

Needs a Cape though. ;)
  • VonZant wrote: »
    This dude is going to work on a lot of teams. I like. Good solid tank with simple kit.

Needs a Cape though. ;)

Yes! This auto taunt is always, like k2.... but the rest of the kit doesn't suck!
  • VonZant wrote: »
    This dude is going to work on a lot of teams. I like. Good solid tank with simple kit.

Needs a Cape though. ;)

Yes! This auto taunt is always, like k2.... but the rest of the kit doesn't suck!

No cause K2 could gain taunt anytime, but Magna can o ly during his turn
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Does he have any health steal? If he gets a bonus turn, he may gain some health back and not die?
  • Rizn wrote: »
    Does he have any health steal? If he gets a bonus turn, he may gain some health back and not die?
    He does, but it doesn’t matter. When he gets reduced to 1%, he is already dead. The unique says that he is defeated upon the end of his bonus turn, which means that even if he gets healed back to full health, he will still die at the end of his turn.
  • So how would the 1% die thing work with zL3-37 on the team, who when a droid gets down to 1% equalises health with them? Sounds like Magnaguard will fall to 1% get healed (and drain health from L3-37) then still die. So not very compatible although both been tanks probably wouldn’t run in same team anyway.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Quite impressed with this rework. @CG_SBCrumb will any of his stats change like his speed, potency, health, etc.?
    No, his stats will remain the same
    Docshady77 wrote: »
    So are we getting a new grevious or are the ones we have just getting reworked? I had a long grind getting him to where he is....
    It's the same Grievous! You don't need to unlock a second version or anything if you already have him
  • Ok this may sound weird but I find Magnaguard's very slow animated counter....creepy. In fact all his animations kind of bother me. I've never had this complaint before about a toon.
  • After playing the event, I feel like there is little reason to run magnaguard.

The synergy with GG & other separatists seems nice, but I felt like I had more mileage with IG88... Or even HK47 (as lead) while playing around.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    After playing the event, I feel like there is little reason to run magnaguard.

The synergy with GG & other separatists seems nice, but I felt like I had more mileage with IG88... Or even HK47 (as lead) while playing around.

Dont you need a taunting tank?