Kit Reveal: Droideka

Prev1
UNIT NAME: Droideka
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Droid, Separatist, Attacker
Destructive Droid attacker that punishes fast enemies from behind its deflector shield

ABILITIES:

Basic: Twin Blaster Cannons

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Additionally, if the target has higher Speed than Droideka, deal true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) which scales based on the difference in their Speed.

Special 1: Destructive Armament (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) an additional time for each stack of Charge, then inflict Target Lock for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded.

Special 2: Reconstructive Revolution (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Droideka and gain Damage Immunity (can't be copied) and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. Then, recover 10% Protection for each stack of Charge.

Unique 1: Deflector Shield Generator

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Droideka gains 10% Turn Meter and a stack of Charge for 1 turn whenever an enemy takes a turn. Additionally, Droideka recovers 10% Protection whenever it damages a Target Locked enemy.

Droideka has +50% Speed and +25% Evasion unless it has Damage Immunity. If Droideka has Damage Immunity, it has -50% Speed and a 35% chance to assist dealing 50% less damage whenever another Separatist ally uses an ability (limit once per turn).

Charge: +5% Offense per stack

Replies

• Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Will his deflector shield be made a permanent thing or is just gonna stay as the animation for reconstructive revolution?
  • Super pumped! Thank you CG!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Will his deflector shield be made a permanent thing or is just gonna stay as the animation for reconstructive revolution?

Doesn't appear to be permanent. But I wish it was (as long as Droideka has Damage Immunity).

I know it's not permanent, that's what I said. I'm asking will it be made permanent for as long as his ability is active
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Looks like a fun kit, and interesting to see True damage.

Its too bad he'll be staying 3 star since we can't buy the marque pack x3
  • I like that it punishes high speed chatacters. Hopefully more tanks get abilities like this to make it so it's not guaranteed that more speed beats everything.
  • jedibaer71
    573 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    like his kit,

but i‘m not sure if he is usable with 3* or 4* in the arena...

otherwise, damage immunity is damage immunity!
  • I like that it punishes high speed chatacters. Hopefully more tanks get abilities like this to make it so it's not guaranteed that more speed beats everything.

Droideka isn't meant to be a tank, it's a high damage attacker
  • "which scales based on the difference in their Speed"
    And what's the scaling here?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Agreed. Want more abilities like this in game.

Imagine making 95% of other mods more useful!
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    2 turn damage immunity every three turns on a character that you're going to want to mod slow as molasses? Enfys Nest ver 2.0

Oh and while it's immune, it's recovering all the protection from the damage you did manage to land.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    2 turn damage immunity every three turns on a character that you're going to want to mod slow as molasses? Enfys Nest ver 2.0

Oh and while it's immune, it's recovering all the protection from the damage you did manage to land.

The damage immunity can be dispelled so it won't last very long.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Or you just annihilate him.
  • Dinotank273
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    [
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Destructive Droid attacker that punishes fast enemies from behind its deflector shield

ABILITIES:

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Additionally, if the target has higher Speed than Droideka, deal true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) which scales based on the difference in their Speed.

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) an additional time for each stack of Charge, then inflict Target Lock for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded.

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Droideka and gain Damage Immunity (can't be copied) and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. Then, recover 10% Protection for each stack of Charge.

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Droideka gains 10% Turn Meter and a stack of Charge for 1 turn whenever an enemy takes a turn. Additionally, Droideka recovers 10% Protection whenever it damages a Target Locked enemy.

Droideka has +50% Speed and +25% Evasion unless it has Damage Immunity. If Droideka has Damage Immunity, it has -50% Speed and a 35% chance to assist dealing 50% less damage whenever another Separatist ally uses an ability (limit once per turn).

Soooo happy he’s an attacker, thank god he is not a tank
  • [
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

ABILITIES:

Soooo happy he’s an attacker, thank god he is not a tank

Stand Alone perhaps? Dmg immunity from raid bosses and raid peonsas well....
  • All of the other Separatist Droids have kits/reworks that make sense and, I don’t know, just feel right. Grievous is a more confident attacker with more health, B1 is a lot of stacks of weak units, Magnaguard can go out in a blaze of glory, and B2 likes to kill opposing morale by constantly mowing down the enemy. It all just feels very right.

Even Droideka’s damage immunity makes sense to an extent. But there were maybe a couple of missed opportunities... maybe Droideka has a crazy amount of protection and it’s shield goes away when it’s out of protection or something. But I’m not really sure about the “charge” buff... and I know that we want Speed to not be such a big thing, but I can’t remember anything in the lore that would make Droideka deal more damage if an opponent is faster... That seems fairly contrived. An interesting kit, though.

And overall, a bountiful harvest of Droids.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

Hint hint thrawn s fracture... isolate...
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Question that isn't actually mentioned anywhere in the abilities (unless I missed, or misread something, which is entirely possible). Is Droideka supposed to "consume" charge at any point? Or does it just build up throughout the battle?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Question that isn't actually mentioned anywhere in the abilities (unless I missed, or misread something, which is entirely possible). Is Droideka supposed to "consume" charge at any point? Or does it just build up throughout the battle?

"a stack of Charge for 1 turn"
    found in his unique, he doesnt consume it but it only lasts a turn
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Question that isn't actually mentioned anywhere in the abilities (unless I missed, or misread something, which is entirely possible). Is Droideka supposed to "consume" charge at any point? Or does it just build up throughout the battle?

Got it. Thank you kind sir!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yeah, that was easy to miss in there. I did, and was bummed to see charge not building over the battles.
  • Is charge susceptible to dispels? Not stated that it can't be however doesn't feel like a traditional buff
  • Is charge susceptible to dispels? Not stated that it can't be however doesn't feel like a traditional buff

No, it can’t be dispelled.
  • Oh CG, you are going to hate me! Droideka can solo a phase of the raid IF it’s not bugged. And I have a feeling it is bugged (or simply worded wrong), because it’s never mattered up until now. Anyone whaling on Droideka and want to get with me to test it out?
  • Oh CG, you are going to hate me! Droideka can solo a phase of the raid IF it’s not bugged. And I have a feeling it is bugged (or simply worded wrong), because it’s never mattered up until now. Anyone whaling on Droideka and want to get with me to test it out?

Honestly, most of the whales I know aren't spending anything on these droids. At least not until there is more clarity on how bad they are bugged. In it's current state, even with g12+ GG and zetas on most of the "needed" slots, this team can't beat a single meta team - and even loses to some that aren't even meta anymore.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh CG, you are going to hate me! Droideka can solo a phase of the raid IF it’s not bugged. And I have a feeling it is bugged (or simply worded wrong), because it’s never mattered up until now. Anyone whaling on Droideka and want to get with me to test it out?

Honestly, most of the whales I know aren't spending anything on these droids. At least not until there is more clarity on how bad they are bugged. In it's current state, even with g12+ GG and zetas on most of the "needed" slots, this team can't beat a single meta team - and even loses to some that aren't even meta anymore.

If I knew this would work right I would spend the money to do it, because I know I’d get a ton of new subscribers on my YouTube channel for it and in the long run that would probably get me my money back eventually. But I don’t trust CG that it will actually work.

I am excite.

I am excite.

I’m about 85% sure the raid doesn’t actually work the way they say it does and it will block the solo. So I wouldn’t get excited. If you know anyone who has a 7 star Droideka and wants to test it let me know. No zetas required to find out if it works.
  • Interesting. So long as you can keep Droideka as your healthiest (non-Greivous) Droid, he's just going to keep getting marked by Greivous' leader ability, forcing opponents to attack someone with damage immunity.

Well, potentially. In reality that'll get dispelled a lot. But it's an interesting setup.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @CG_SBCrumb are Droideka’s entire attacks unable to crit or is it only the True Damage part that can’t get critical damage? I’ve seen several modding guides say to put no crit chance or crit damage on it because Droideka can’t land crits but the way the kit text reads implies that’s only for the True Damage component.