Kit Rework: General Grievous

Prev13
UNIT NAME: General Grievous
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Droid, Attacker, Separatist
Aggressive Attacker that grows increasingly stronger as the Droids around him fall. Although he hates being called a droid, he counts as one in combat.

ABILITIES:
New text in green

Basic: Furious Assault

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded or countered. If the target was already debuffed deal 30% more damage. Grievous' attacks deal damage based on his Max Health instead of his Physical damage.

Special 1: Grievous Wounds (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies (based on Grievous' Max Health), inflict Target Lock for 2 turns, and remove 30% Turn Meter from them.

Special 2: Skittering Horror (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Gain Health Steal Up for 2 turns, then deal Physical damage (based on Grievous' Max Health) to target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn. If the target was already debuffed they lose 10% of their Max Health (excludes Raid Bosses), which can't be resisted, and Grievous gains 10% Max Health for the rest of the encounter. This attack can't be evaded.

Leader: Daunting Presence

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense. Whenever a Dark Side Droid ally is resisted, that Droid gains 10% Potency (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. When a Target Locked enemy is damaged, each Droid and each Separatist ally gains 2% Turn Meter, doubled for Grievous. When damaged by an attack, Dark Side enemies lose 5% Turn Meter, and Light Side enemies lose 2% Potency (stacking).

Unique 1: Metalloid Monstrosity

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of Grievous' turn, all other Droid allies take damage equal to 8% of his Max Health, doubled for Light Side Droids and he gains 5% Max Health and Potency for each other Droid ally for the rest of the encounter. This damage cannot defeat characters.
At the start of every character's turn, if Grievous is below 100% Health, he dispels all debuffs on himself and inflicts Marked on the other healthiest Droid ally until the end of the turn. Whenever a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated, Grievous dispels all debuffs on himself, resets all ability cooldowns, and gains 1 bonus turn.

Replies

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Not bad.

Edit:

I take it back after seeing it in action. It's not very good. Team requires too many zetas and even then is easily beatable. The people in my shard that immediately put zetas on this team have already switched back to Revan after falling well out of the top 50. They struggle to even down a single toon on well modded Revan teams.
    Post edited by Strubz on
  • Can you be a bit more specific about how exactly he deals damage based off his max health?
  • According to this video, B1 Battle Droid still takes damage during Grievous’ turn, so it might be a confusing bug.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-X1NwYcdEw
  • CG got their act together and reworked Grievous.
  • Jtn2t wrote: »
    According to this video, B1 Battle Droid still takes damage during Grievous’ turn, so it might be a confusing bug.

it doesnt defeat him it removes 8 stacks cause it deals damage him
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • "Kenobi, you. are. doomed!"
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    "Kenobi, you. are. doomed!"

Untill the very soon to happen Hk rework and Next sith meta enters which beats all the sep teams and makes every investment into them redundant :D
  • Jtn2t wrote: »
    According to this video, B1 Battle Droid still takes damage during Grievous’ turn, so it might be a confusing bug.
    That’s not all. If Grievous reduces magnaguard to 1 health with his unique, then Magnaguard’s unique will activate and he will kill himself. So both B1 and magnaguard can be killed by Grievous’s unique even though it says that it cannot defeat characters.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Jtn2t wrote: »
    That’s not all. If Grievous reduces magnaguard to 1 health with his unique, then Magnaguard’s unique will activate and he will kill himself. So both B1 and magnaguard can be killed by Grievous’s unique even though it says that it cannot defeat characters.

Hopefully they tested those scenarios and there are mechanisms in place to stop them actually being defeated by grievous.

I agree that's kind of how it reads though.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    GG damages his allies based off his max health, and stacks his max health

does that mean this friendly fire increases every time GG takes a turn? Similar to how Nest's bonus prot decreases as her health does
  • THAT‘LL DO IT !!!*

Great Goblin : You thought you could escape *Me*?
    [He swings his mace, knocking Gandalf backwards; the dwarves stop Gandalf from toppling]
    Great Goblin : [mockingly] What are you going to do now, wizard?
    [Gandalf pokes the Great Goblin in the eye with his stick, then cuts straight through his large belly with his sword]
    Great Goblin : [his last words before Gandalf cuts his throat] ... That'll do it...
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    THAT‘LL DO IT !!!*

Great Goblin : You thought you could escape *Me*?
    [He swings his mace, knocking Gandalf backwards; the dwarves stop Gandalf from toppling]
    Great Goblin : [mockingly] What are you going to do now, wizard?
    [Gandalf pokes the Great Goblin in the eye with his stick, then cuts straight through his large belly with his sword]
    Great Goblin : [his last words before Gandalf cuts his throat] ... That'll do it...

Love the hobbit movies.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Interesting kit, but it seems very selfish... like the aim is GG’survival at the cost of all his allies death.... we will see in the field...
  • MasterChief05
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I spend 25 omega on him, can i get a refund?
  • Jtn2t
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2019

It's not a bug. It's part of Grievous' leadership.

To me, B1 has 1 HP, but if Grievous is in its team, it still takes damage each of his turns, losing its stacks. My theory is if stacks expires when it's Grievous' turn, it will be gone for good.
  • FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense

What am I missing ? As this critical avoidance seems irrelevant? Many of these droids cannot even hit critically ?
  • I sense the return of JE!

What am I missing ? As this critical avoidance seems irrelevant? Many of these droids cannot even hit critically ?

Droideka can crit (just not with its bonus hits)
    Magna can crit (AoE!)
    B2 can crit (AoE!) <-- wet noodle damage output but still better to get some increased damage by critting
    but most notably GG and his insanely high damage output
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I spend 25 omega on him, can i get a refund?

How’d you spend 25 omegas on a character that only has three abilities that require omegas? The existing leader and unique abilities maxed out at level 7.
  • Hahaha cough* cough* wheezing* I LOVE IT!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    UNIT NAME: General Grievous
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Droid, Attacker, Separatist
    Aggressive Attacker that grows increasingly stronger as the Droids around him fall. Although he hates being called a droid, he counts as one in combat.

ABILITIES:
    New text in green

Basic: Furious Assault

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded or countered. If the target was already debuffed deal 30% more damage. Grievous' attacks deal damage based on his Max Health instead of his Physical damage.

Special 1: Grievous Wounds (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies (based on Grievous' Max Health), inflict Target Lock for 2 turns, and remove 30% Turn Meter from them.

Special 2: Skittering Horror (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Gain Health Steal Up for 2 turns, then deal Physical damage (based on Grievous' Max Health) to target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn. If the target was already debuffed they lose 10% of their Max Health (excludes Raid Bosses), which can't be resisted, and Grievous gains 10% Max Health for the rest of the encounter. This attack can't be evaded.

Leader: Daunting Presence

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense. Whenever a Dark Side Droid ally is resisted, that Droid gains 10% Potency (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. When a Target Locked enemy is damaged, each Droid and each Separatist ally gains 2% Turn Meter, doubled for Grievous. When damaged by an attack, Dark Side enemies lose 5% Turn Meter, and Light Side enemies lose 2% Potency (stacking).

Unique 1: Metalloid Monstrosity

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of Grievous' turn, all other Droid allies take damage equal to 8% of his Max Health, doubled for Light Side Droids and he gains 5% Max Health and Potency for each other Droid ally for the rest of the encounter. This damage cannot defeat characters.
    At the start of every character's turn, if Grievous is below 100% Health, he dispels all debuffs on himself and inflicts Marked on the other healthiest Droid ally until the end of the turn. Whenever a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated, Grievous dispels all debuffs on himself, resets all ability cooldowns, and gains 1 bonus turn.

At what time will his rework go live
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Riffinator wrote: »

But if B1 is out of stacks when Grievous starts his turn B1 will still be defeated.
  • Since they fall under both categories, do separatist droids get the double TM bonus as GG when TL opponents are damaged?
    Riffinator wrote: »

But if B1 is out of stacks when Grievous starts his turn B1 will still be defeated.

No, because on the unique it says that the damage cannot defeat a unit
    Riffinator wrote: »

No, because on the unique it says that the damage cannot defeat a unit

B1's "defeat" condition completely relies on his "Droid Batallion" stacks. It's not Grievous unique that's going to defeat the B1, it's the B1's unique.
    Let's say you have a B1 with 1 stack of Droid Batallion and a BB8 with 1k health left and your Grievous is about to take a turn.

Grievous starts his turn and his unique triggers --> BB8 takes 16% of GG's max health as damage (let's just say 8k dmg when GG has 50k max health), 8k > 1k --> BB8 has 1 health left since he can't be defeated by this damage (same behavior as Bonds of Weakness in the sith raid) --> at the same time B1 would take 8% dmg but instead of actually taking damage he loses 8 stacks of droid batallion and since he only had 1 stack left he is down to 0 and his unique triggers, immediately destroying him
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense

Magna can crit (AoE!)
    B2 can crit (AoE!) <-- wet noodle damage output but still better to get some increased damage by critting

Critical avoidance is the character's likelihood to not get hit critically, not their ability to critically attack.
  • memes wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense

Magna can crit (AoE!)

Critical avoidance is the character's likelihood to not get hit critically, not their ability to critically attack.

Yes, and characters like Revan and Traya spread a team wide increase in critical avoidance (besides arrow mods and uniques like Jolee) which you want to counter in order for your droids (especially GG) to crit.
  • orovizsbs4sb.jpg

Something wrong in the matrix...
    Who is wrong? Players who believe the official announcements, or Youtube Channel EA Star Wars ?

Grievous can... he gives no craps about his droids. His leader ability is for him.