Best Direction to take over the next 2 months

Hi all, wondering whether I could get some seasoned advice.

Here's my profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/638448823/characters/

I am a completely F2P account so far, plan on basically staying that way.
I have just hit level 85 last week and am wondering what my next direction should be

Overall Plan
CLS: My current plan is to obtain him at the next time he comes through. My Farmboy Luke is basically at 5 stars so will farm him from Cantina I think.
JTR: Have farmed 5 First Order Characters, albeit **** ones (KRU, KR, FOO, FOTP, Phasma). Have 7* Rey Scav and 5* Finn. Have not started on the Vets yet. I think it will be very tight whether I can get her or not

I am currently able to keep up with 3 Cantina Refreshes + 3 Normal Energy Refreshes daily

Cantina Energy
Priority 1. Farmboy Luke
Priority 2. Vet Han
Priority 3. Vet Chewy

Normal Energy
Finn + Bossk + Bossk Ship + Gear

Arena:
I have managed to stay top 100 all the way to level 85, but am now starting to fall back quite a bit (probably 100-200), having neglected putting resources into my Arena team. I have geared Palpatine and Vader quite well, but Tarkin/TFP/Thrawn have been neglected. Around the top 30-40 now have Revan but I didnt take that direction initially. I will be able to get 7 star Thrawn during the next event.

Ships
I have really focused on ships because it is easier for me to place higher compared to normal arena. Usually the top 4 are pretty set so by the time payout comes I am usually lucky enough to get the 5th spot, which I have been for now. My ships are almost all dark side, and I hopefully should get Chimaera at the next pass. At the moment I am working on Bossk + his ship, I dont really know if I should work on any light-side ships so am a bit lost here. Im currently working on Vader's Ship and Slave I.

Question
Do you think the above strategy is sound? According to the panic farm calculator I "hopefully" will be able to get both CLS and JTR at the next time they pass.

I feel a bit lost with the direction of my arena team, but at present my ships are doing the heavy lifting for crystals.

Whats the best use of my Guild Store Tokens - I have been prioritizing gear at this stage.

Any tips on what you would do in my situation?

Replies

• Options
    Imm FTP too an i also think fleet arena is the way to go... Mods have less impact in fleet arena (it doesnt matter mod stats just having 6 lvl 15 5* mods i every crew member makes u as good as everyone) so it will be ur main gem source) so keep this way...
    Try to get a good BH team to get chewie as well as BH ships to get mil.f i think it will give u much better results than JTR... With BH u will have a great fleet, a good team for TW/GA, galactic bounties and hesist and also chewaca to pair with han and cls!! Its a win-win cuz u will improve both arenas and everyother aspect of the game at the same time.
    While with JTR u will get just JTR who dont have anything related to ships and will only help u in sith triumvirate raid phase 1 and maybe TW/GA (only if u develop another 4 resistance members). U will use ur all 5BH many times as well as their ships and u will get boosk anyway and jango too farming boosk ships while those hard earned vets will remain in the trash compactor forever right after u get jtr xD

So imo keep focusing in ships as much as u can, top 5 ships and top 50/100 arena is far easyest than just an high place in arena and with those gems from ships u will start growing fast so at some point u will be able to get 50 in arena or even 20!
  • Options
    So I would focus on getting CLS first before JTR, since you are much closer to him. You do need to gear and level the characters his Journey requires though, they’re far too low right now.

The Vets typically take much longer, and without them you can’t get JTR.
  • Options
    Agreed. It’s good your focusing kinda on one direction. Get CLS and then JTR. They make big differences, and with Ep 9 coming this year, I have no doubt we will see a boost to both the Resistance and FO factions so JTR will probably be making a comeback in arena.

As for Guild Store, gear gear gear all the way. Both the orange and yellow tokens (don’t remember which one is which).

Ships; dark side ships seem to be a little more important overall because of the Tarkin/Executrix challenge where you get zeta mats. But having a good mix is key as well. Finish the three you mentioned as those three are three of the best. I also recommend Rey’s Falcon since you’ll have her and Finn for JTR, and Kylos Commmand Shuttle since you have other FO ships already (again, we will be seeing more FO later this year). Finish up your Biggs. The Biggs/HT combo sucks to fight against.
  • Options
    Use your guild currency for gear and for characters. Guild event store though (TB, TW, all give this) get Wampa then Hyoda.

Be careful with Rey’s falcon, its a glass cannon.
  • Options
    So I would focus on getting CLS first before JTR, since you are much closer to him. You do need to gear and level the characters his Journey requires though, they’re far too low right now.

The Vets typically take much longer, and without them you can’t get JTR.

I mean that is my focus, once Farmboy Luke is 7*, I just have to gear them all.

Based on the panic farm calculators I "hopefully" will be able to have enough time to get the Vets to 7* if im lucky. My sole focus atm is gearing the CLS unlocking team and the JTR unlocking team. hopefully 2 months is enough time to do that.