The Optimal Arena has NO LEADERSHIP META?

This isn't a complaint thread. I do plenty of complaining. Rather, I'm thinking about what, in a perfect world, would make the arena the MOST interesting (to me).

Wouldn't it be optimal if rather than rock/paper/scissors, each character had a mix of skills and leadership abilities that could synergize so diversely that winning became a matter of thought and creativity rather than knowing the appropriate pre-set combination?

That is, I'd prefer to open up arena and think something like, "huh. This guy chose an Aayla Secura lead. Interesting!" or "huh, that's an unexpected combination - we'll have to see how they hang together" rather than "my Troopers will take out these Nightsisters" or "my Bastila team naturally crushes this Palpatine lead."

Why do we have a QGJ lead, or GM Yoda lead, or now even a Bastila lead? Let alone an Aayla lead or a Mace Windu lead? It's not because they provide a diversity of options for players to use for fun and strategy. It's just something to do until you get the PRESCRIBED lead. That is, Yoda's fine until you get Bastila, and Bastila's fine until you get Revan (I guess Revan'll be fine until we get Jedi Luke). But I'd prefer if there were still a reason, even after Revan, that a person might still legitimately choose that Aayla Secura lead or whatever (which means leaderships would have to be re-vamped so they were more diverse and potentially equal, depending on who you put on the team).

What does YOUR optimal arena look like? If it's "just like it is!" that's great, I'm glad you're happy. Tell me why!

Sam UX

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I was just thinking the other day that it would be a fun TW temporary effect like mace and clones:

"All leadership abilities are disabled."

I think I could build some pretty fun teams.
  • I'm still having fun with zpalintine lead, zVader, zDarth Nihilus, zDarth Maul and Sith Trooper.

For me I enjoy hunting down Nightsister squads. Having an all AoE squad is just fun iimo. After all this time the squad still does well. Sure it's not a meta or top squad but if you stay around 200 (for the past 2 years or so) and you'll find win after win to help your stats. It's better then being top 100 and losing fights or timing out.

It's just depends on your play style and what you consider fun. Sometimes it's better to stay away from everyone else and do your own thing. Like I said, just depends on your play style or goals. For me, I like to destroy NS lol. I'll keep this up as long as the game let's me. I would have thought this would have already come to an end but NS squads are still very active for killing :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    In GA you can suprise your opponent with odd ball compositions that work suprisingly well, but i don't see it happening in squad arena. Every toons would need drastic re-balancing and that comes with a whole lot of negative side effects.
    It's kinda funny you mention Aayla's lead, i've actually used her lead to maximize damage in p1 hAAT back in those days when 300k was a great score, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I was just thinking the other day that it would be a fun TW temporary effect like mace and clones:

"All leadership abilities are disabled."

I think I could build some pretty fun teams.

Ooooh. That would definitely be interesting. :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • It's not the leadership being the problem. It's the power creep/ more complicated kits that come with it, that's the real problem. Lol