If Darth Revan is released this year I will be shocked

Prev13456
I will be shocked mainly because the characters that people think will be needed for him don’t make sense. 2: why would he be released before malak, doesn’t make marketing sense. 3: it is clone wars year we got GG I, and I’m sure everyone else would like to see more, clones, more jedi reworks, more droids. 4: there is still othe OR toons we should get before him cause after him why would people feel drawn to nostalgia, Meetra Surik and her allies would work, Darth bane (who is canon), Darth Malgus, Satele Shaun, that’s just a few I would like to see before him mainly because Darth Revan is perhaps the most well known and famous of them so from a nostalgic standpoint that’s why I don’t see him coming yet.

Replies

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Did they mess it up again, editing their Game Changer footage? Does this "leak" from Warriors latest video (22m55s) tell us gamo guard is a Darth Revan placeholder (3 Zetas, sith team) and HK getting a Zeta and the OR tag? (Honestly, I just want to make them confirm it by deleting this post. :D )

https://i.imgur.com/ktO6n81_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=Medium
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Nah, Gameron Guard rework. Get to gearing him!

Clearly the sith leader we have all been waiting for!
  • Revan confirmed, now they will delay it.
  • Ah poor Grievous
  • About 23min into warriors latest vid.. *sighs* why did I work on separatists..

Ps. I know Its not really gam guard.
  • Come on man, you're pretty regular on the forums, I'm sure you've seen enough clues that Darth Gamorrean Guard is incoming.
  • Actually, IMO, GG rework is trick of CG.Make users consume their Crystals, and launching Darth Malak(or Revan).
  • Despite what some tools in the Facebook group and their backlash would suggest, the smarter portion of us playerbase have known this would happen for sometime now
    So to us, it’s just confirmation that its coming soon and not “if it’s coming”

Hopefully we still have a few weeks after Carth and Juhani become farmable now still.
  • General Grievous? More like General Distraction.
  • McMole seems to think it's a legit leak, if we get a new puzzle a few days after GG than he is 100% coming in 2 weeks.
  • It sure looks like it. If it is, we'll probably get a puzzle a few weeks after juhani and carth become farmable.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    They did say GG was going to be meta! Gamorean Guard though, not General Grievous!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I'll take a Gamorrean Guard meta, could you imagine what happens when you team him with Captain Solo, CW Chewie, Boba, and Cad? Things are going to get real.
  • Nobody's talking about the zeta on HK and that does me a sad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Nobody's talking about the zeta on HK and that does me a sad.

Im excited unless its like the other two DS OR toons zetas, those both suck
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Please no more Old Republic. Sith is fine, no OR.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    Please no more Old Republic. Sith is fine, no OR.

but Darth Revan IS a sith O.o
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

They're certainly not mind-blowing, but I can think of worse zetas. It's just nice to see that droids may get a somewhat usable leader other than Grievous. I wasn't looking forward to having to start the #ReworkLobot movement.
    Geshtianna wrote: »

Darth Revan (or maybe Malak, whatever) was always going to happen. It's been obvious since the minute Badstila and Canderous's kits were revealed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

They're certainly not mind-blowing, but I can think of worse zetas. It's just nice to see that droids may get a somewhat usable leader other than Grievous. I wasn't looking forward to having to start the #ReworkLobot movement.

Darth Revan (or maybe Malak, whatever) was always going to happen. It's been obvious since the minute Badstila and Canderous's kits were revealed.

Ordo's second unique should have been an omega ability, unfortunately it came out during the "ZETA ON EVERYONE" phase

2 Revans is jumping the shark. There’s just no need for a second one unless they ran out of ideas for new characters.

2 Revans is jumping the shark. There’s just no need for a second one unless they ran out of ideas for new characters.

how is releasing a new toon "running out of toons?" They have 5 hans, 4 Chewbaccas, and Darth Revan is a COMPLETELY different toon from JKR

I don't entirely disagree, but again, if you read Badstila and Canderous's kits, it was immediately obvious that they were planned to synergize with a leader that inflicts Deathmark, which doesn't currently exist, and such a powerful ability would almost have to be on a legendary/hero type character. The dots were pretty much already connected for you.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Riffinator wrote: »

Ordo's second unique should have been an omega ability, unfortunately it came out during the "ZETA ON EVERYONE" phase

Honestly the ability most worthy of a zeta (based on what the lvl 8 upgrade gives) for Canderous would be his basic attack lol
  • Honestly, I would imagine if CG wants to lead up to Darth Revan without just dropping him on us by giving him a bit of a journey it would behoove them to make sure they release Malak first to accommodate that, this is how they have done it in the past and would make the most sense before releasing another big character like Darth Revan.

Additionally, there are a ton of other characters from KotOR 1&2 still that people are waiting for and I think they will space out some time between adding them to the game.

Not too mention HK-47 needs an update and the Old Republic tag added to him. :smile:
    "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you."
    ―Jolee Bindo, to Revan
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

I don't entirely disagree, but again, if you read Badstila and Canderous's kits, it was immediately obvious that they were planned to synergize with a leader that inflicts Deathmark, which doesn't currently exist, and such a powerful ability would almost have to be on a legendary/hero type character. The dots were pretty much already connected for you.
    There was also the fact that Jedi Knight Revan trailer highlighted four key words and only two were present in his kit
  • Erelas wrote: »
    Honestly, I would imagine if CG wants to lead up to Darth Revan without just dropping him on us by giving him a bit of a journey it would behoove them to make sure they release Malak first to accommodate that, this is how they have done it in the past and would make the most sense before releasing another big character like Darth Revan.

Additionally, there are a ton of other characters from KotOR 1&2 still that people are waiting for and I think they will space out some time between adding them to the game.

Not too mention HK-47 needs an update and the Old Republic tag added to him. :smile:
    HK rework is coming next. I think that he is going to have more OR synergy than droid synergy, which is why they reworked Grievous first, so that there is a viable droid lead before they rework HK.