If Darth Revan is released this year I will be shocked

Replies

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    You think a GG rework is the distraction from Darth Revan? What if that Gam guard pick was meant to distract you from GG? A nicely place insignificant image that gets your dark side hearts all a flutter only the true sith masters, CG, to crush it by not releasing Darth Revan and making you miss out of GG meta. Bwahahahaha
  • I'd say it is very likely that carth and juhani become farmable tomorrow with the update.

Most likely they will drop a teaser either friday night or next friday. If they drop the teaser on friday we are likely looking at about 10 days from then for the event to starts since it usually starts on Wed or Thurs. Then a week until it ends.

With about 4 node refreshes a day on a hard node you can farm a hard node in about that long. And 3 refreshes a day will get you there with a cantina node. But it'll take about 800 to 900 crystals a day.

If you do well in both arenas, you can earn about that many a day but a stash is helpful for days you fall short or for buying shipments to speed things along.

It is doable but difficult ftp assuming you already are done with badstilla and Canderous.
  • You know one of the farms will be in a ship node
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    You know one of the farms will be in a ship node

I would be surprised if it wasn't. They don't want us to be able to farm quickly without paying.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    You know one of the farms will be in a ship node

That's what the stash of crystals is for. I have 22k saved up. You can take a character from 3 to 7 star for about that amount using only shipments. You can probably do 2 node refreshes on a ship node before shipments are cheaper. 3 ship nodes yield about 8 shards a day or a 35 day farm. That is assuming worst case and a 20 energy ship node. If it is less you could probably do 4 nodes reasonably. So likely will need about 10k in crystals to make up the difference if it's a ship node.

But so far we haven't seen any characters be only ship node farmable if it is needed for something very quickly.

But if one of them is on a ship node, I plan on doing 3 or 4 nodes a day and buying the shipments for that character whenever it is in the store from day 1.

A hard node you can do 5 nodes for less than shipment cost. I farmed dark bastie and Canderous in like 2 weeks with no shipments and without depleting crystals any faster than my daily intake. But if need be I'll deplete the crystal stash I have to finish. I think even on a ship node it is doable. Just will take more crystals saved.
  • Must be a placeholder. That Gamorean guard has 3 Zeta's....
  • - GG is no distraction
    - they will release Carth and Juhani today/tomorrow
    - they will announce a new character soon who will require the new OR chars
    - they will release said character that requires the new OR chars (most likely Darth Revan) in 3 months giving us plenty of time to farm all the new OR chars

Oh wait...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I just dont think it makes any sense to give us darth revan without darth malak being involved
  • Grievous rework isn’t even live yet and they are already burying him?
  • evoluza wrote: »
    I just dont think it makes any sense to give us darth revan without darth malak being involved

They run an 5year plan. They come back to Kontor if nothing else could be added

It's not like they will run out of stuff to add anytime soon, there's still a lot missing from previous content and we'll be getting the rest of the Resistance series, new Clone Wars episodes, Ep. IX, the Mandalorian, the Obi Wan series, the RJ and the GoT guys trilogies...
  • I just dont think it makes any sense to give us darth revan without darth malak being involved

Well the whiffed on all this KOTOR setup to begin with. They could've sorta fixed it by releasing Malak back when they released BADstila, making him the 5th and final marquee character needed for Darth Revan. While it still wouldn't have been completely linear in terms of the lore at least BADstila could've actually been the apprentice to her Sith Master Malak for a little bit before Darth Revan came out.

Now it sorta seems like they have BADstila in for Darth Revan lead...which makes no sense.

They are just tossing KOTOR toons at us strictly for money...which is why Malak could still show up as a marquee that makes Darth Revan THE meta. Panic farm + another marquee.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    I just dont think it makes any sense to give us darth revan without darth malak being involved

They run an 5year plan. They come back to Kontor if nothing else could be added

It's not like they will run out of stuff to add anytime soon, there's still a lot missing from previous content and we'll be getting the rest of the Resistance series, new Clone Wars episodes, Ep. IX, the Mandalorian, the Obi Wan series, the RJ and the GoT guys trilogies...

Not to mention they haven’t even touched the books/comics yet.
  • is he legit getting a rework or was this some clever fake news photoshop? i cant keep up.

i legit would love a Gam gaurd update mines sittin at g11 with cup and ugnaught

It's not photoshop. It's a screenshot from the rework footage that CG provided the game changers.
  • We all know what this means.

GG with 3 zetas = Good Game 3 =
    Half Life 3 confirmed.
  • is he legit getting a rework or was this some clever fake news photoshop? i cant keep up.

i legit would love a Gam gaurd update mines sittin at g11 with cup and ugnaught

Chances of Gam Guard actually getting a rework are slim, it's most likely just a placeholder for someone new.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    why not bring out a jabba cartel team i see no reason they shoudlnt.

Considering this leak, two reasons: It wouldn't consist of OR and Sith characters and Gam Guard wouldn't be the leader.
  • Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    so if GG is a placeholder for Darth Revan, then HK-47 would only make the team if he had the OR tag.

If HK is getting it, will Visaas? Thematically, she makes far more sense for prerequisite to Carth who is a goody goody...

Badstilla
    HK-47
    Visaas
    Jahani
    Canderous

Were all atleast at one point evoooooool. Carth wasn't, but he is a new release...

Edit:

Presumably Carth will be on fleet battles and they make him a dual node for Ebon Hawk if thats a marquee later down line
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Pentagon wrote: »
    so if GG is a placeholder for Darth Revan, then HK-47 would only make the team if he had the OR tag.

If HK is getting it, will Visaas? Thematically, she makes far more sense for prerequisite to Carth who is a goody goody...

Badstilla
    HK-47
    Visaas
    Jahani
    Canderous

Were all atleast at one point evoooooool. Carth wasn't, but he is a new release...

Edit:

Presumably Carth will be on fleet battles and they make him a dual node for Ebon Hawk if thats a marquee later down line

Visas, HK-47, Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder, and Sith Trooper all need the Old Republic tag. CG's first explanation as to why they didn't have it was because "Old Republic" was a faction. That's CLEARLY not the case now that they introduced the dark side KOTOR toons with the same tag.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Pentagon wrote: »

Not necessarily. Even though I agree that he will get the tag, it could just be a Wiggs style synergy.
    I'd say it is very likely that carth and juhani become farmable tomorrow with the update.

Based on the release cadence, this is the last week they can become farmable, so yes, today. Unless the update gets pushed to tomorrow, I guess.
  • GG (Gamorrean Guard) rework comes after GG (General Grievous) rework.

Makes sense
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Pentagon wrote: »

Not necessarily. Even though I agree that he will get the tag, it could just be a Wiggs style synergy.
    I'd say it is very likely that carth and juhani become farmable tomorrow with the update.

Based on the release cadence, this is the last week they can become farmable, so yes, today. Unless the update gets pushed to tomorrow, I guess.

Thursday is their usual update day, isn't it? So I expect it tomorrow.
  • Nauros wrote: »

No, they have been updating on Wednesdays (US time).
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Grievous update comes today. So expect it today

Also this. They told us when they released B1 and the B2 kit that the update is on 2/20 (today). It's possible it could get pushed, because sometimes things happen, but should be in about 9 hours.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Please no more Old Republic. Sith is fine, no OR.

Darth Revan (or maybe Malak, whatever) was always going to happen. It's been obvious since the minute Badstila and Canderous's kits were revealed.

Way before that. In revan reveal video they listed off maliks line from the game about savior conqueror etc. Then the kit gave us the light side terms.... at that point we knew darth revan was coming.

Was only a question of when. Kit should have the dark side terms. Savior and hero, means conqueror and villain are coming.

jinye5dqja7q.jpg