If Darth Revan is released this year I will be shocked

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    You know one of the farms will be in a ship node
    You can probably do 2 node refreshes on a ship node before shipments are cheaper.

Your numbers are wrong.

1st refresh:
    25 crystal for refresh + 100 crystal for 120 energy. = 125 crystal for lousy 6 attempts. 6 attempts=1.8 shards
    So 70 crystals/shard.

2nd refresh:
    Same as above, but refresh is 50 crystal.
    Thats 83 crystals/shard.

The store is 80.

So all in all, even the first refresh is just wee bit better than store. 2nd refresh is a waste of crystals.

The second refresh gives you 120 energy and a node refresh for 150 crystals. That's 6 attempts or 2 shards. So 75 crystals per shard.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why are we only doing 6 attempts? And why wouldn't you account for all that when that's what you need to spend? My math is right (and I acknowledge that so is Roopehunter's), but I don't understand why you would do it that way. I'm spending 375 crystals/day for those 8 shards, regardless of how it's broken up. The actual cost to me then is 47 crystals/shard; 75 crystals/shard if I leave out the free energy.
    Because you aren't spending the same amount of crystals for each of those 8 shards. The first 2 - 3 from natural energy are free, the rest costs crystals, so your 375 crystals aren't spent for all 8 shards but only for whatever you get after the free attempts, and at different rates.
    And we are counting with 6 attempts because that's how many you get from one energy refresh, assuming a 20e node.

Ok. But, that seems a very weird way to do it. If I'm farming a 20 energy ship node and I'm in such a hurry that I'm refreshing, I will buy my 3 refreshes all at once, and do all my attempts all at once.

I'll leave it at that, but man to just buy a refresh and do 6 attempts and walk away and say those 2 shards cost 125 crystals is weird.

Again, you ought to be looking at the marginal cost, not the total cost, when the cost increases with each set.

The reason they are talking about 6 attempts is because that’s how many you are able to do with the 100 crystal energy refresh. To do the other 2 attempts you need to refresh again, which makes it even more expensive.

If I, for some unknown reason, buy just a single refresh, do 6 sims and then leave the other 2 un-simmed, those shards still only cost 75 crystals per shard on the 2nd refresh (100 crystals for the energy, 50 for the node). Still cheaper than the 80 from the shop.

But, again, you don't play this way. If you are refreshing a node, you are doing all 8 sims; you are probably also buying enough energy at one single time to do all the refreshes, so you need to use the total cost, do you not?

I calculate it based on the energy cost for the 8 attempts, which is 100*1.33333 = 133 crystals. But it works out the same either way. If you calculate it assuming that the 150 crystals are buying you 8 attempts you are understating the cost.

Which is why I calculate the whole cost. I spend 375 crystals on that node each day, and I get 8 shards. Actual crystal cost per shard is 47 for that particular node.

Technically you only get an additional 5.33 shards for the 375 crystals. The first 2.67 shards are with free energy. So with thise numbers it is 70 crystals per shards on average. Since the second node refresh costs more, the first refresh is slightly cheaper per shard. But I think you can do two and still be below or relatively equal to shipments.
  • Options
    I for one hope Darth Revan doesn't come before the next iteration of both Luke and Rey. It would be a travesty if the second in the journey of Revan comes way before both Luke and Rey since CLS came around 18 months ago and a year before Jedi Revan. It just seem right what people are asking for
  • Options
    I just hope they stick to the 3 weeks till event start + 1 week run time.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Technically you only get an additional 5.33 shards for the 375 crystals. The first 2.67 shards are with free energy. So with thise numbers it is 70 crystals per shards on average. Since the second node refresh costs more, the first refresh is slightly cheaper per shard. But I think you can do two and still be below or relatively equal to shipments.

Right. But, I'm planning out my crystal expenditure for the next 28 days, so it doesn't matter to me that the second set of shards costs more, just that I know that I am spending 375 crystals/day on farming that node. If I need more than that (I will), I will need to buy a pack, or crystal shipments to finish in time.
    Beldax wrote: »
    I for one hope Darth Revan doesn't come before the next iteration of both Luke and Rey. It would be a travesty if the second in the journey of Revan comes way before both Luke and Rey since CLS came around 18 months ago and a year before Jedi Revan. It just seem right what people are asking for

He will. Not really surprising. Jedi Luke will be used as the true "end game" and not be released any earlier than August 2023. CG has a 5 year plan, because that's how long the license is for. Whether they can continue after that is out of their hands, so expect them to plan for Jedi Luke near the end of that plan.
  • Options
    Better bring some cleanse, cause you won't be able to heal, gain buffs or gain bonus turn meter.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Sep 12 - jolee and bastilla became farmable. Sept 26 - mission ,zalbar and t3 became farmable. Oct 18 revan event

Jan 16 - bastilla fallen and ordo became farmable. Feb 20 - juhani and onasi became farmable. Darth Revan even soon ???
  • Options
    Sep 12 - jolee and bastilla became farmable. Sept 26 - mission ,zalbar and t3 became farmable. Oct 18 revan event

Jan 16 - bastilla fallen and ordo became farmable. Feb 20 - juhani and onasi became farmable. Darth Revan even soon ???

My guess is still, Malak will come out first as a legendary and will require the new toons and Revan will come out later and will require Malak. Even though the Pig (Darth Revan placeholder) is being tested, I think they will come out with a Legendary sith before the 1st DS Hero Journey.

• Erelas
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So, I'm with the OP, the timing for Darth Revan is much too soon. Additionally, using characters that never really knew Darth Revan to unlock Darth Revan makes no sense; however, using the OR characters we have available now makes a lot of sense for unlocking Darth Malak...who in turn would make sense to help unlock Darth Revan down the road.

"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you."
    ―Jolee Bindo, to Revan
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Here is the pattern. Something gets added or is without context and the forum will always add in some sort of baseless speculation. Darth revan has been speculated since DN and HK. Everything points to jedi luke to some fanatics. That’s your pattern.
    If there’s a pattern let me see when
    We had 5 characters introduced , req for a heroes journey , then 4 introduced. One of which isn’t even on the same side as the others (light/dark). Then these 4 become used for a new journey character ?
    There is a pattern of when characters are simply released in the game with no end game planned.

Until Revan we didn't have ancient journey's which turned out pretty similar to hero's journey but without the same requirements (one previous leg in relation)

Characters released in the game with no plans is not a pattern as there's no amount deliberation or naturalistic drive behind it. We saw increasing amount of leg/hero releases with some preceding effects. That's another pattern.

How do you know if there's a plan for toons though?
    The only mis-step people made with Revan was thinking he'd be a legendary
    As for there being a pattern, it's exactly what they did with phoenix and thrawn so it was hardly an unreasonable assumption on the community's part
  • Options
    Get ready to be shocked bro. The only thing they haven't done yet is release a 5th. For Revan, it was his personal Droid T3 M4. Now, if u have been paying attention on the most recent road ahead, CH Carries told is HK47 rework is coming. I'm guessing with OR tag and a zeta. His rework will represent the 5th Droid again and again Darth Revan's personal Droid. Which will make for less excuses from people saying they had no idea and it's a cash grab panic farm. No..no. it's clear as day he's coming and it's going to be soon. Oh and Malek let's be honest, a Marquee release after Darth Revan people will spend to come that shiny new sith team.
  • Options
    Get ready to be shocked bro. The only thing they haven't done yet is release a 5th. For Revan, it was his personal Droid T3 M4. Now, if u have been paying attention on the most recent road ahead, CH Carries told is HK47 rework is coming. I'm guessing with OR tag and a zeta. His rework will represent the 5th Droid again and again Darth Revan's personal Droid. Which will make for less excuses from people saying they had no idea and it's a cash grab panic farm. No..no. it's clear as day he's coming and it's going to be soon. Oh and Malek let's be honest, a Marquee release after Darth Revan people will spend to come that shiny new sith team.

Not it doesn’t say anything about hk
    This is the problem. Fake info
  • Options

The road ahead hinted. The screenshot from the video footage CG provided the GCs shows a rework.
  • Options
    Counter point :They never release Darth Malak at all and end the whole kotor saga with Darth Revan.We've already had a year of kotor starting with nihilus marquee.. All the way to the current upcoming legendary.Kotor already got justice
    If anything, they would switch focus to clone wars era right after this.
  • Options
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    Counter point :They never release Darth Malak at all and end the whole kotor saga with Darth Revan.We've already had a year of kotor starting with nihilus marquee.. All the way to the current upcoming legendary.Kotor already got justice
    If anything, they would switch focus to clone wars era right after this.

This. Honestly, Darth Revan is the perfect end of the KOTOR content. Just in time to fully get into TCW content before switching to Ep9 in the fall.
  • Options

The road ahead hinted. The screenshot from the video footage CG provided the GCs shows a rework.

Hinted at is not the same as confirmed. It's not confirmed, it's only speculation based on choice of words. And showing a zeta on hk implies a rework. But I would hardly say that is solid proof.
  • Options

Hinted at is not the same as confirmed. It's not confirmed, it's only speculation based on choice of words. And showing a zeta on hk implies a rework. But I would hardly say that is solid proof.

No one is saying otherwise. The comment you replied to was replying to someone claiming "fake info," except all of the information (the HK hint [which, by the way, they give hints a lot], and the images) is from CG. No one made this stuff up, so it's not fake.

Sure, it's possible we aren't getting Darth Revan, but CG themselves have given us a lot of hints that lead us to believe otherwise. Do what you want with said info, but I always try to follow such things so I'm ready.
  • Options
    okay dude, because Capital games isn't known to drop hints in various conspicuous manners. The lead for this game...Carrie says "You hear me meatbags" a direct reference to HK47 - if that isn't enough to perk your radar... I mean, really? Okay, not confirmed officially, but I'd ask for enough credit to say that counts for "unofficially". Then, there was a leak a while back. Now, leaks are suspect always. However, most of what was on that leak has come to fruition. Seeing a dev screenshot with an HK47 zeta, falls right in line with the leak where they said "HK47 re-work and you will want to save a zeta wink wink" Put the pieces together man... is it that hard to see the forest through the trees?

And again, Revan had 5 characters needed. So far we have seen 4. Right? AM I making this up? Is it fake news? No. Ok. Moving along. Did they or did they not, release T3M4's shard pack as a stand alone when the Revan even came near? Yes. Yes they did. It was Jolee & Bastilla in 1 pack and it was Mission & Zaalbar in the other. Are we all on board? I'm not lying? This isn't fake? Okay. T3M4 was the last of the companions released last time right? Yes? We can all agree on that? Not fake?

Do we expect a 5th companion again? I'd think so. Would it make sense, just like for Jedi Revan, they give us his personal droid? Seems reasonable? Right? We all know HK47 was Darth Revan's personal assassin. He used the phrase meatbags. We are all on board yes? Not fake? Okay... wouldn't it makes sense for his re-work to be the 5th? Apart from any other possible choices, do we all agree, HK47 makes the most sense?

On this, is where I will say the player base has little to no excuse to farm now and there should be no complaints if Darth Revan event kicks off March, which I think we will see in the 1st 2 weeks. The difference is with Darth Revan 1 companion will have been in the game for years.

Again bro, get ready to be shocked.
  • Options
    Meat bags is what bender says from futurama. Should we expect him as a req too ?
  • Options
    okay dude, because Capital games isn't known to drop hints in various conspicuous manners. The lead for this game...Carrie says "You hear me meatbags" a direct reference to HK47 - if that isn't enough to perk your radar... I mean, really? Okay, not confirmed officially, but I'd ask for enough credit to say that counts for "unofficially". Then, there was a leak a while back. Now, leaks are suspect always. However, most of what was on that leak has come to fruition. Seeing a dev screenshot with an HK47 zeta, falls right in line with the leak where they said "HK47 re-work and you will want to save a zeta wink wink" Put the pieces together man... is it that hard to see the forest through the trees?

And again, Revan had 5 characters needed. So far we have seen 4. Right? AM I making this up? Is it fake news? No. Ok. Moving along. Did they or did they not, release T3M4's shard pack as a stand alone when the Revan even came near? Yes. Yes they did. It was Jolee & Bastilla in 1 pack and it was Mission & Zaalbar in the other. Are we all on board? I'm not lying? This isn't fake? Okay. T3M4 was the last of the companions released last time right? Yes? We can all agree on that? Not fake?

Do we expect a 5th companion again? I'd think so. Would it make sense, just like for Jedi Revan, they give us his personal droid? Seems reasonable? Right? We all know HK47 was Darth Revan's personal assassin. He used the phrase meatbags. We are all on board yes? Not fake? Okay... wouldn't it makes sense for his re-work to be the 5th? Apart from any other possible choices, do we all agree, HK47 makes the most sense?

On this, is where I will say the player base has little to no excuse to farm now and there should be no complaints if Darth Revan event kicks off March, which I think we will see in the 1st 2 weeks. The difference is with Darth Revan 1 companion will have been in the game for years.

Again bro, get ready to be shocked.

T3 was before Zaalbar and Mission.
  • Options

T3 was before Zaalbar and Mission.

Mission and Zaalbar were given Marquees on 7/27. T3 was given a marquee for Android players on 7/26, and to iOS players on 8/9/18.

All 3 of them were released f2p "farmable" on 9/26/18.

• Options
    RIght T3 was before. But was released solo. Also, his pack was alone too. Still not withstanding.. I think I am right in saying.. HK 47 rework incoming. Weather or not he's part of KOTOR, we'll see. My guess, he will be. Anyone with a better guess? Float it out there !
  • Options
    But hey.. last thing... if you don't want to farm them, don't. No one is making anyone do anything. I'll go by my best intuitions - guess you'll do the same for yourself. Enjoy the game how you see fit. But don't get mad about the release of toons. It's going to happen. Just enjoy it.
  • Options
    Did everyone forget Fallen Bastilla's kit? It is one of the oddest "modern" zetas to come out lately. Applies a single turn of foresight to her and leader? Why? This has absolutely no benefits right now. Clearly designed with a different Sith Leader in mind other than the current ones.

The signs are all there. If anything, the release of Darth Revan only a few weeks after the GG/Sep rework would probably distract everyone. Makes sense business wise. They certainly aren't going to put everything on hold and rework the rework, leaving millions on the table.

My advice? Farm your butts off or you'll be left in the dust for the next 4+ months once Revan and/or Malak drop.

• Options
    A full GG team is going to be viable against Darth Revan too. I'm seeing them moving towards more parity among factions.
  • Options
    March 22nd is the date i heard for darth reven
  • Options
    I just want it to hurry up and happen so we can move on, honestly.
    Ooba hutar.