Hold off on General Grievous Teams

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited February 2019
There is no point on heavily investing on sepratist droids like they're Revan. The team itself is useless without droideka. On top of that, B1 and Droideka are gonna be 3* (maybe 4*) for a long time (unless ur a whale). So JKR teams would prolly beat u on offense.
On top of that, CLS teams are a strong counter against GG teams that have everything 7*.
Now I'm not saying you shouldn't gear up these droids. Because a lot of people love the clone wars and GG (I do too) so it's great if you want to upgrade your favourite characters. But, if you are upping all of these characters solely for arena then you will be disappointed.

Replies

• Options
    Can confirm. G12 GG ZZ, B2z g12, Mg g12, B1z g11, 100+ spd 90%+ potency get destroyed by Revan. I'm honestly better off with my JTR squad.

No one believes me that GG won't become meta. Try him for yourself and if you are having success please tell me what I'm missing. Because as of now he is huge investment and very minimal profit
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Uhmm yeah.....you're missing the key.... droideka....
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Uhmm yeah.....you're missing the key.... droideka....

Are you that confident he is the KEY? Because if you were like me and many others tonight I don't think he will be a huge game changer.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    There is no point on heavily investing on sepratist droids like they're Revan. The team itself is useless without droideka. On top of that, B1 and Droideka are gonna be 3* (maybe 4*) for a long time (unless ur a whale). So JKR teams would prolly beat u on offense.
    On top of that, CLS teams are a strong counter against GG teams that have everything 7*.
    Now I'm not saying you shouldn't gear up these droids. Because a lot of people love the clone wars and GG (I do too) so it's great if you want to upgrade your favourite characters. But, if you are upping all of these characters solely for arena then you will be disappointed.

For arena no but what about guild wars ?
  • Options
    1. Its too early to draw conclusions, and
    2. Since they are charging double for Deeka marquee pack, yeah, I'm guessing he will be the key.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    2. Since they are charging double for Deeka marquee pack, yeah, I'm guessing he will be the key.

I truly hope you are right. I just don't want to spend money. He and the team already requires g12+ lots of zetas I don't know why they would make it any harder.
  • Options
    That pack change wasn’t just for droideka, it is for all future marquee events. But where was the deeka in star wars, never heard of it
  • Options

They changed the marquee pack structure, so they are not charging double... you get more shards (on average) + crystals...

It was announced as an update a while ago...
  • Options
    Sorry but you are both wrong.

Pack contents (shsrds are same) but you are getting free (but not really) 1300ish shards (that you can't spend on that toon).

Also change is for Deeka only depending in respone:
    [Although these changes will be for Droideka, we may continue to make more changes or no changes for subsequent Marquee events. Per the character cadence, we will communicate any changes ~2 weeks prior to the event.(/quote]
  • Options
    Sorry but you are both wrong.

Pack contents (shsrds are same) but you are getting free (but not really) 1300ish shards (that you can't spend on that toon).

Also change is for Deeka only depending in respone:
    [Although these changes will be for Droideka, we may continue to make more changes or no changes for subsequent Marquee events. Per the character cadence, we will communicate any changes ~2 weeks prior to the event.(/quote]
    So, to clarify, cg has changes the pack for droideka, any may keep it like that... or make further changes. And the crystals, like you said, aren’t free either... That would mean that, in technicality, everyone and no one was correct
  • Options
    OP: Wish it were not true, but yes, you are correct.