GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Replies

• this just seemed like a way for f2p players to get rid of their crystals, so they can release darth reven and only whales can get him
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Great business model that CG uses. They advertise roughly two weeks out changes to the game through third party channels (game changers) as if Disney or EA doesn't have money to promote this dumbster fire they call a game. Then on the date changes are supposed to be implemented to the game, the changes don't occur until well into the night time hours for the majority of their player base (aka their cash cows) in the UK/USA it is already close to bedtimes. Thus meaning they wait until the end of the business day on their end to release the new content/patch/fix/ect, turn off the lights and close the door. Only to find out the next day, so and so didn't do their job right and the new X is broken.

Unfortunately this will always be the case because there is always some poor sucker willing to part with their CC number. Until that changes, the business model at CG isn't going to change and you are always going to have a frustrating time playing a broken game.

Good luck

This is exactly their MO. Release broken, untested junk because they know that there are enough players who will spend anyway.
    Then act shocked when it is full of bugs.

But....but...."extensive internal testing". They've said they do it. It must be true.

:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?
    Maybe because they should care about balance in their game. 85% of the players in the top 10 in arena shards are running Revan. That is way too oppressing and has gone on far enough for the players. But not far enough for GG, at least until they release the next Revan, this model in black.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?

Because that is what GG was advertised as, a Revan killing squad. It was on all the GC vids, all the promo's.

GG easily beating Revan. This was the selling point.

Which in the end, failed for us, but CG is happy.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?

Because that is what GG was advertised as, a Revan killing squad. It was on all the GC vids, all the promo's.

Using footage from their basically incompetent game testing department using god mods against 3 dot mod teams, if modded at all.
  • Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?

Except even f2p have Revan now, so the entire point above is moot. That's why 80% of arena teams in the top 100 are Revan lead...because EVERYONE has him - f2p and p2p alike. He's dominated arena (and Raids, TW, GA, etc.) for months. Releasing a hard counter now is not at all out of the question - nor a departure from the norm.

Almost every meta ends with everyone obtaining the meta character, and a hard-counter release as the final nail in the coffin. In fact, Revan IS the hard counter to the Traya meta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Wow this team is a MEGA joke. What a gear zeta fail.
  • It’s too early to tell if GG is the anti Revan toon or not. On Ahnalds video of the rework it showed GG slicing through Revan. Either players are doing it wrong or EA/CG allowed the testers to test an over powered GG to make him look better than he really is. Sadly that video influenced people to using resources(I know it did for me to use gear).

I’m glad I didn’t just go buck wild and equipping zetas yet. I did get GG to g12 and took a few other droids to G11. If all I wasted was gear then I can live with that.

We will need a few days to see if what we seen in that video was legit or not.

From what people here are saying....it’s not looking to good.

I can answer that question for you: it’s because people seen the video of the rework and in the video GG sliced through Revan really easily.

Either players are doing something wrong or when CG let the testers try out the rework Greivous was over powered to make him look like a hard anti Revan counter.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    We will need a few days to see if what we seen in that video was legit or not.

Probably need more than that.
    Its takes like 3 weeks for Palp and Vader to mass appears in the arena ranks, and lots of people have the char maxxed already.

Now we have B1 and Droideka as marquee...
  • I think the biggest problem is that this Droid team seems much stronger against dark side characters than light side. And light side characters dominate the meta now.
  • I think the biggest problem is that this Droid team seems much stronger against dark side characters than light side. And light side characters dominate the meta now.

Well, to be fair, the biggest problem is that the droid team doesn't function at all like the one depicted in the GC video that Ahnald posted. So one of two things is happening:

1) The GG team we have is heavily bugged (which definitely and not suprisingly, seems to be the case - at least to some extent).

2) The droid teams everyone saw in the videos (provided BY CG to Ahnald) are not accurate representations of actual possibilities in the game (i.e. they are modded with 8* mods, geared to level 14, etc.) and we were all mislead (I'm going to intentionally avoid using the legal term here, so as not to be warned again).

Now, since I am a firm believer in Hanlon's razor, and given CG's history with proving said razor to be the case regarding their "extensive internal testing" numerous times in the past, I'm going to wait and see what "fixes" come about to the numerous bugs that plague this GG "Revan-killing" team (no NS pun intended).

• Lozsta wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Using footage from their basically incompetent game testing department using god mods against 3 dot mod teams, if modded at all.

They never said easily they said that GG can beat revan and it can. It was people who hyped this rework here, on reddit and everywhere else that said he will destroy revan.

I can answer that question for you: it’s because people seen the video of the rework and in the video GG sliced through Revan really easily.

Either players are doing something wrong or when CG let the testers try out the rework Greivous was over powered to make him look like a hard anti Revan counter.

Exactly. We've all see there is a chance with GG to beat revan, same like palp can beat traya but not a hard counter same as jango etc. Just because it is in video doesnt mean it is hard counter meta killer
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except even f2p have Revan now, so the entire point above is moot. That's why 80% of arena teams in the top 100 are Revan lead...because EVERYONE has him - f2p and p2p alike. He's dominated arena (and Raids, TW, GA, etc.) for months. Releasing a hard counter now is not at all out of the question - nor a departure from the norm.

Almost every meta ends with everyone obtaining the meta character, and a hard-counter release as the final nail in the coffin. In fact, Revan IS the hard counter to the Traya meta.

Except in three months when a new player comes he can farm all droids fairly easily and he will never ever buy a pack for them but when revan event returns and he lacks few shards for OR toons he may drop some bucks for him. Seps are f2p team in long run, revan have a monetization potential
  • That’s ****. Video showed GG beating one Revan team after another, you can’t sell everyone on one specific thing, and then have it not work as shown. Everyone who bought into these droids did it for a sure Revan counter, and not even for arena but for GA and TW, and CG knows this.

• Except in three months when a new player comes he can farm all droids fairly easily and he will never ever buy a pack for them but when revan event returns and he lacks few shards for OR toons he may drop some bucks for him. Seps are f2p team in long run, revan have a monetization potential

Droideka and B1 are marquees - and we have no idea where or how they will be farmable. GG himself is only farmable through the shard store - something new players won't be able to farm at all for a while. All of the OR toons needed for Revan are farmable and many in more than one location. At best, the two teams are a wash for newer players.

• Hahoo,

My 2 cents: False advertisement. Full stop. I wasn`t expecting an auto-Revan Killer, but after all the GC footage provided by CG, a fun and viable TW/TB team yes. Is that really that unrealistic?
    If I´d order a vacuum cleaner from Amaz. advertised to have 2000W and I receive a 1500W one... no probs, return/refund. This clearly not the case here, even though some people I´m sure, did pay hard cash at some point to get the new droids up and ready.

Proposed solution, the same as usual: FIX'EM!

Thx for you´r attention. Play and keep having fun!
  • Its still too early to tell and sounds like there may be a few bugs (although probably not as many as people think).
  • These droids are a very gear and zeta intensive team, and still requires some tough farms. By no means a FTP team. Doesn’t matter, they suck anyway.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except in three months when a new player comes he can farm all droids fairly easily and he will never ever buy a pack for them but when revan event returns and he lacks few shards for OR toons he may drop some bucks for him. Seps are f2p team in long run, revan have a monetization potential

Droideka and B1 are marquees - and we have no idea where or how they will be farmable. GG himself is only farmable through the shard store - something new players won't be able to farm at all for a while. All of the OR toons needed for Revan are farmable and many in more than one location. At best, the two teams are a wash for newer players.

GG is fleet store too. Also we can assume that worst case for B1 and Droideka is fleet hard node which i highly doubt. Also for revan to be functional you need another legendary and a raid character so those two teams are not even close by amount of resources you need to invest in them which is my starting point. They wont make a relatively easily obtainable team win over a team that needs 1 legendary 1 raid 1 journey and 2 farmable characters be beaten easily by a 5 farmable toons. And I wont even say that you get magnaguard from bronziums to 7* that you get all their shards from gw, assault battle etc.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem is that this Droid team seems much stronger against dark side characters than light side. And light side characters dominate the meta now.

Well, to be fair, the biggest problem is that the droid team doesn't function at all like the one depicted in the GC video that Ahnald posted. So one of two things is happening:

1) The GG team we have is heavily bugged (which definitely and not suprisingly, seems to be the case - at least to some extent).

2) The droid teams everyone saw in the videos (provided BY CG to Ahnald) are not accurate representations of actual possibilities in the game (i.e. they are modded with 8* mods, geared to level 14, etc.) and we were all mislead (I'm going to intentionally avoid using the legal term here, so as not to be warned again).

Now, since I am a firm believer in Hanlon's razor, and given CG's history with proving said razor to be the case regarding their "extensive internal testing" numerous times in the past, I'm going to wait and see what "fixes" come about to the numerous bugs that plague this GG "Revan-killing" team (no NS pun intended).

Haha, fair enough. I still think once fixed this team will be great IF it can get going. Magnaguard constantly taunting with increased tenacity and defense while B1 heals him up every turn will be tough for a lot of teams to break through. Droideka and Grievous can hit like a truck. B2 can keep enemies cleansed, and there are substitutes for opponents that don’t need buffs anyway. I think Dooku could be huge here. 2 counter attackers and Droideka assisting can prevent AOE teams that seek to take out B2 that way.

Problem is CLS and Revan teams will go first and cripple them before they really get going. I think.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565

Honest question, I don't watch many videos, and almost never when they first come out, but they presented a clip provided by CG? Not made by themselves on the test server? Was this stated in the video?
  • He must've gotten them from some back alley weapons trader on Correlia or maybe broke into a Jedi temple somewhere. But from what I've seen in arena so far, it doesn't look like Grievous got his light sabers from killing Jedi...
  • Agreed @Vinger. Complete garbage. I think CG hates us.
  • Well he was trained by dooku..... and he cant beat revan either
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Those are actually glowsticks. And the whooshing sounds actually play from speakers hidden in his arms.
  • Half the separatist droids are currently bugged right now... Whether intentionally or not is yet to be seen, but there is most certainly something not right between them currently
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • 1. There are several bugs with the droids that need to be fixed.
    2. Until those bugs are fixed. It's to early to call them "garbage".
    3. Based on their kits, they will be a nice squad capable of easily beating the meta once fixed, but not meta Themselves.
  • Not sure what was more disappointing, unlocking GG years ago to find out he was terrible.

Or getting excited about his rework putting a zeta on him and then finding out he’s still terrible.