GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Replies

• Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I think that grievous and droids are very good team. I found a vid with maxed team full 7 stars, all zetas g12 b1 and droideka. And this team had no problem to win against Revan team. And GG died at the begining of the match. Those 4 droids won easily. It wasnt a CG vid.
  • Entreri
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Everything is correct here. He is a Jedi Killer. Galactic Republic Jedi Killer only! Everything accurate to the lore:D
  • LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    GG was beaten by a bunch of Gungans. Really, what did people expect?

And GK killed him 1 v1 with no saber
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I get it, they felt it was thematic because he doesn’t care about his droids in battle. But we saw Vader choke out a ton of people in the OT, yet Vader plays nice with his Empire allies in game. His allied self-damage breaks the entire team. B1 can’t keep up with the damage once Magnaguard gives GG speed up. This team would be so much better if they just removed his unique completely. The risk is never worth the reward it provides.
  • Metsuga
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Hope the devs make this right. Alot of people have been mislead into thinking they were going to be amazing and dumped a ton of resources into these droids. Unfortunately they are garbage. Super disappointed!
  • I would rather use a lobot lead!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

Honest question, I don't watch many videos, and almost never when they first come out, but they presented a clip provided by CG? Not made by themselves on the test server? Was this stated in the video?

The only ones I saw were player vids, but I might have not seen them all.
  • "A lot of people...dumped a ton of resources into these droids."

CG [rubbing hands together evilly]: "Good, good." [Proceeds to introduce the next chunk of whalebait, now that people have exhausted their stockpiles on this decoy.]
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Its still too early to tell and sounds like there may be a few bugs (although probably not as many as people think).

Exactly. Bugs will be fixed, they always do. Just like no one was impressed with palp Vader teams or Bastilla teams at first. Then we waited and Bastilla got fixed and people started falling in love with Palpatine teams. It’s only been a couple days since the reworks, let’s wait and see what happens before the community explodes in a massive bomb.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
    @Nikoms565

Honest question, I don't watch many videos, and almost never when they first come out, but they presented a clip provided by CG? Not made by themselves on the test server? Was this stated in the video?

On Ahnald's channel in the video in question, he specifically thanks "EA_Carrie" and having the developers "sit down with him" and explain and teach him about the kit. He also says several times in the video that a GG lead team should "easily be able to defeat a Revan team" based on how the kit was detailed by the developers - and as witnessed by the numerous runs on both defense and offense. Clearly that is not the case.

Where the videos playing in the background came from, he doesn't say. But it's clear that the GG in the videos and the GG we all have are not working the same way. Whether that is CG's attempt to mislead people or bugs in-game that don't, for some reason show up in the video, we'll find out.

Honestly, if your question is intended to suggest that CG can wash their collective hands of the under performance of GG compared to the GG teams in the video, I don't think it matters. CG can't use the Game Changers and Youtube test accounts to promote content - then turn around and weaken the actual in-game content and pin the blame on "third party promotional accounts".

Perception is reality - and the perception by most intelligent people is that CG uses GC and Youtube test account players to promote new content. If they are baiting people into investing resources into content, then switching that content to a lesser content, even if CG can "technically" avoid any legal issues by pawning it off on the GC's (and leaving them out to dry), from a perception stand point, it's CG that is culpable. At least in most intelligent people's minds.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Grevious' damage is based on his health, and those health boosts seem to all come in g11 and g12. For g12, that's +25750 and another 480 from the +40 strength (12 health/strength point, I believe). For g11, +198 strength (so +2376 health) and +1900 flat health. I've got my Grev at g10 with the dets and guns todo, so he's at a measly 18.7k health, including a +7100 mod boost. To say his damage is "poor" at that gear level is an understatement.
    Unfortunately you'll have to gear him up a lot more before he can really shine.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?

Jedi Revan is absolutely f2p since his 2nd occurrence. The farm requirements for him is easier than the farm requirements of JTR. Do you consider JTR p2p only?

Rest of the jkr team? 2 that are part of the requirements anyway, and 2 super old f2p chars (gmy + gk).

Thats a mega cheap team tbh.

Grievous on the other hand is a long farm himself (albeit f2p), and requires 2 non-farmable marquees in the team.
  • His dmg is mediocre at gear 12 with full tier 6 mods (crit dmg triangle) too.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    One thing that always resonated with me is when they came out with Rogue One and later Solo toons is that they will try to make relevant characters but they all can’t be as awesome as we want. Some will never have the power of others. I understand the frustration of possibly falsely advertising them, but it’s also a lot of interpretation. Unless they start using hard numbers in their promotions (that can be falsified too I guess), this will always be a pay to win climate.
  • Really disappointed with CG now... They promised a very good Grievous! Now we definitively know that only chars from legendary events and hero journeys will dominate the arena... Nothing will stop this Jedi Revan in the arena unless it's a legendary character... I'm really upset about this!
  • No zeta on grevious yet. Thank god.
    Tried running the droid lineup today. Zeta on b1, all the rest omeged. Decent mods... not arena worthy yet. But at 77k team power i could not even beat 3/4 of galactic war. A level 79 pheonix team wiped me out.

Not arena worthy even for the top 500
  • It was all misdirection dudes. He's not really that hard to acquire, and very old, so there was no way he'd be made OP.

They were just distracting you from the Darth Revan event that's coming in mid-March.

They did the same thing introducing Chewie right before Jedi Revan came out.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    GG was beaten by a bunch of Gungans. Really, what did people expect?

Oh that's it, forget about Darth Revan, Tarpals and the Gungans are going to be the new meta!
  • If you watch the videos put out by CG to the GCs, you will see a completely different GG. He was doing, in those videos, between 40-70k damage (he did 66k to DN and almost one shot a Revan), and on AOEs, he was doing between 15-25k to each character. I saw nothing like that in actual game play, with a fully modded (65k health for GG) team, with zetas, and G12+ pieces.

Something's up. Even if the teams put up by CG in the video were sub-par, that does not explain the wild differentials in the amt of damage GG did in the videos and the amount he does in the real world.

Maybe the one in the video got 7* mods? Think that has happened before
  • Metsuga wrote: »
    Hope the devs make this right. Alot of people have been mislead into thinking they were going to be amazing and dumped a ton of resources into these droids. Unfortunately they are garbage. Super disappointed!

Anybody who has played this game long enough (like since release) has been bitten so many times like this and knows NEVER to put any resources into anything until it is actually released and you see first hand how it all plays out. Sucks this kind of thing is still happening years later but it just goes to show nothing will change in that regard. But yeah, the fact CG released footage of a droid team that looked legit only to find out that is not the case is very disheartening.
  • Just a question for all people who thought that GG will dethrone revan: Why would a f2p character with 2 more f2p character, a p2p character that really dont need stars and one p2p character that could need stars we will see, would ever dethrone a character that for now is source of heavy income and will stay that way for every new player that is willing to spend money?

Jedi Revan is absolutely f2p since his 2nd occurrence. The farm requirements for him is easier than the farm requirements of JTR. Do you consider JTR p2p only?

Rest of the jkr team? 2 that are part of the requirements anyway, and 2 super old f2p chars (gmy + gk).

Thats a mega cheap team tbh.

Grievous on the other hand is a long farm himself (albeit f2p), and requires 2 non-farmable marquees in the team.

As I said in 3 months from a perspective of a new player that is not the case. Also this is pure fan service that people wished was a revan killer, nothing else. And dont get me wrong i want revan meta to end but I deducted that GG will not be that team
  • Michael Bay missed the mark when he made Pearl Harbor(for you Team America fans).

The mechanic where GG damages his own team is completely stupid. Really limits any impact B1 can have on the team. Mark GG or B1 with Revan and game over.

This team is complete garbage. Really regret using any zetas or spending any money to max out B1 and droideka.

Save your money/resources folks!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

On Ahnald's channel in the video in question, he specifically thanks "EA_Carrie" and having the developers "sit down with him" and explain and teach him about the kit. He also says several times in the video that a GG lead team should "easily be able to defeat a Revan team" based on how the kit was detailed by the developers - and as witnessed by the numerous runs on both defense and offense. Clearly that is not the case.

Where the videos playing in the background came from, he doesn't say. But it's clear that the GG in the videos and the GG we all have are not working the same way. Whether that is CG's attempt to mislead people or bugs in-game that don't, for some reason show up in the video, we'll find out.

Honestly, if your question is intended to suggest that CG can wash their collective hands of the under performance of GG compared to the GG teams in the video, I don't think it matters. CG can't use the Game Changers and Youtube test accounts to promote content - then turn around and weaken the actual in-game content and pin the blame on "third party promotional accounts".

Perception is reality - and the perception by most intelligent people is that CG uses GC and Youtube test account players to promote new content. If they are baiting people into investing resources into content, then switching that content to a lesser content, even if CG can "technically" avoid any legal issues by pawning it off on the GC's (and leaving them out to dry), from a perception stand point, it's CG that is culpable. At least in most intelligent people's minds.

We can agree to disagree, but reality is reality.

I'm just wondering why you would specifically be stating a video made by CG, when no one is saying who made the video. The perception ( and reality) of a video playing in the background of a game changers video, would normally be that it is of thier own making, the intent to promote the game and working with the dev team wouldnt normally change that.

Game play is a different story, I am not disputing what was said is not meeting up with what we are seeing. As I said I never get to watch videos early on and almost go out of my way to avoid any promotion of what is coming, until i can see it first hand or from a less biased source, but that is just me.
  • If you watch the videos put out by CG to the GCs, you will see a completely different GG. He was doing, in those videos, between 40-70k damage (he did 66k to DN and almost one shot a Revan), and on AOEs, he was doing between 15-25k to each character. I saw nothing like that in actual game play, with a fully modded (65k health for GG) team, with zetas, and G12+ pieces.

Something's up. Even if the teams put up by CG in the video were sub-par, that does not explain the wild differentials in the amt of damage GG did in the videos and the amount he does in the real world.
    I have my own nearly maxed Grievous, and I get similar damage. It takes him a few turns to build up the health to do it, though.
    @Nikoms565

I'm just wondering why you would specifically be stating a video made by CG, when no one is saying who made the video. The perception ( and reality) of a video playing in the background of a game changers video, would normally be that it is of thier own making, the intent to promote the game and working with the dev team wouldnt normally change that.

Game play is a different story, I am not disputing what was said is not meeting up with what we are seeing. As I said I never get to watch videos early on and almost go out of my way to avoid any promotion of what is coming, until i can see it first hand or from a less biased source, but that is just me.

Honestly, the source of the video is irrelevant. Primarily because CG provided the GC's with the test accounts for doing exactly that - testing out new content (with changes applied to the account by CG) so really, the only question regarding where the video came from is, whose computer recorded the video? Why is that important?

The fact of the matter is, CG seems to have provided the test accounts with content that was not the same as the content changes they released in game - regardless as to who actually recorded the video.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565

Honestly, the source of the video is irrelevant. Primarily because CG provided the GC's with the test accounts for doing exactly that - testing out new content (with changes applied to the account by CG) so really, the only question regarding where the video came from is, whose computer recorded the video? Why is that important?

The fact of the matter is, CG seems to have provided the test accounts with content that was not the same as the content changes they released in game - regardless as to who actually recorded the video.

The source does matter, if the GC had no hand in making the video and it appears as is that is way worse IMO, than if the GC was using a test account that was on a server and should have the same content as was released.

It also lends itself to figuring out where the disconnect was that is causing the differences in game play we are seeing vs the video.