Anyone else really hate yoda?

Revan i can deal with, this green little gremlin taking 7 turns feeding foresight and every other buff over and over is beyond a problem, hes the reason revan is so boring to fight, if could could just go away, that would be amazing for this game

Replies

• Annihilate is a heck of an ability.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't think people really like revan all that much. Some do, sure, but most just use him because he's the best available at the moment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    i don't think people really like revan all that much. Some do, sure, but most just use him because he's the best available at the moment.

And it's not even close. Problem is that when you are one of 95 Revan teams, and you're all sporting gold rings and zetas, you can hide in the masses. While Traya/CLS/JTR teams can win on offense, they are easily spotted and disproportionally targeted. So Revan teams hold better partly because they take a while to whittle down and partly because you don't have to be awesome - just suck less than the Revan team next to you.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Despite I have Revan and use it. I do think that a single character making 50k+ damage every turn is out of proportion with every other char available.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • leef wrote: »

I live in a place which english is not native.
    Most of ppl here dont even know who revan is because of language barrier, they never played kotor.
  • I’d never heard of Revan until I started playing this game. Come to find out his origins in the Star Wars universe are from a different game. Weird at best, lame at worst.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Drago5760 wrote: »
    I’d never heard of Revan until I started playing this game. Come to find out his origins in the Star Wars universe are from a different game. Weird at best, lame at worst.

People playing a Star Wars game like Star Wars games. Shock horror.

Yoda's fine on his own, as is Jolee, as is Revan. It's trhe combination of the three that makes Revan squads so bloody annoying.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Drago5760 wrote: »
    I’d never heard of Revan until I started playing this game. Come to find out his origins in the Star Wars universe are from a different game. Weird at best, lame at worst.

People playing a Star Wars game like Star Wars games. Shock horror.

Yoda's fine on his own, as is Jolee, as is Revan. It's trhe combination of the three that makes Revan squads so bloody annoying.

They are fine, because they only shine together.
    Characters like thrawn or gk are more annoying than yoda/jolee/revan because of their plug and play status.

Means you probably wont see yoda/jolee alone in whatever random team like sith, rebel or what, but thrawn can be everywhere.
  • All Revan has ever been was a glorified GMY buff.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Annihilate is a heck of an ability.

Sure is amazing, but why run a team that can be destroyed by revan, and landing debuffs is pretty much impossible on revan teams, I really hope these revan fan boys get crushed by GG

This isn't going to age well. :p
  • I started a second account awhile back. Consensus was to go Phoenix early on. I quit after a month. I didn't think anything could be worse than Phoenix mirror matches until I unlocked Revan. Arena has been destroyed.

I still do my five battles and can finish top 50, but I miss the days of CLS lead and finishing top 100.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I was hoping that releasing Revan and pals into this game would spread the great story of KOTOR, and let me further love the classic characters. However the additions have so far only spread hate and toxicity about the characters and the game as a whole. It makes me sad to see one of my childhood games be ravaged by EA/CG, and then tossed around by the community. I want Revan to be normal, like a Mother Talzin level character. Not quite meta, but certainly not bad, and useful in a variety of game modes. Unfortunately, his reputation has suffered instead.

GMY I have no quarrel with. He’s accessible and useful, and a wonderful representation of his movie persona.