The Problem with Mod Rewards

Valariel
161 posts Member
edited February 2019
I've seen several posts where people complain about the mod inventory cap and several others who point out how silly it is to have more than 500 unused mods. The issue is that both of these people are right, but the system is currently making managing excess mods a pain.

This week alone I have hit my mod cap about 3 times, selling ~20 mods in between each to claim inbox prizes from events that give us way too many mediocre health mods.

It's not that we need this many excess mods, but we are constantly getting large quantities. I dont want 15 blue health mods from these events. Personally, I'd rather have 1-2 gold mods from a random set. 12 blue health mods seems an appropriate prize for a lower level player, but for long term players with more health mods than we can manage, it's annoying. BUT if you're going to dump insane amounts of medium quality mods on us, you need to make them easier to manage/sell.

1. Make it easier to see secondaries before selling.

One of the most annoying things about receiving dozens of lvl 1 blue mods is that you need to upgrade each to lvl 6 before selling it to make sure you arent tossing a speed secondary, etc. These mods CAN sometimes be good. Upgrading to lvl 6 (x20 or so) isnt that expensive but it is super tedious. Especially because the screen scrolls up to higher level mods each time you upgrade one. You then have to scroll back down to the lvl 1 mods and manually upgrade another. EITHER add a mass upgrade option OR let us see secondaries before leveling, but have them ghosted out until leveled.

2. Let us sell mods from ANY screen.
Your mod sell interface is annoying. If I come across a bad mod in my collection, to sell it, I have to open the mod selling interface and search/filter for the mod I was just staring at. Let us sell mods from any window. If you choose to reveal mod secondaries from lvl 1 (ghosted out), we could even sell mods directly from the loot window or our inbox without it ever filling our inventory and with no fear of tossing a speed secondary, etc.

3. Add inverse mod filters
As someone who predominately sells mods that lack speed, I'd really appreciate inverse filters such as filters for mods "without speed", etc. This would also make it easier for me to sell the 20 mods I have without speed without searching through the 100 I have with speed.

I would appreciate it if the mod cap/looting/selling system could be addressed in the next QoL patch.
Post edited by Valariel on