Mod test theory

Hey, so, ideally this would've occurred to me earlier since the weekly store resets very soon (and I think it already has for some), but:

Since everyone has an identical mod in the weekly store right now (speed arrow with +prot and %prot), can anyone level it up and post the stats they get?

It would be interesting to see if everyone gets the same final mod, as that would tell us if mod stats are pre-ordained when the mod is created or if they are randomly generated on level up. Which I realize makes no practical difference, but still. FOR SCIENCE.

Unfortunately I am tapped out on credits at the moment, or I would buy mine and post it. :|
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The final mod will always be different.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The final mod will always be different.

Source? I've seen this come up a few times and I've never seen a definitive test that proves it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is a dev statement ( I dont have handy) that mods are not predetermined and are rolled at the time of receipt and rolling for stats.

Therefore it is highly unlikely to ever see mods end up the same. Starting from the same base increased the chance but since even the same stat can upgrade for a range of amounts, it is still unlikely.
  • Options
    A guild mate and I both bought the speed arrow in the crystal store. He upgraded and got 1800 protection, I got low percentage stats.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There is a dev statement ( I dont have handy) that mods are not predetermined and are rolled at the time of receipt and rolling for stats.

Therefore it is highly unlikely to ever see mods end up the same. Starting from the same base increased the chance but since even the same stat can upgrade for a range of amounts, it is still unlikely.

Fair enough. I searched around for something like that but never found anything conclusive.

Nevermind everyone. Nothing to see here.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Can confirm that the two I bought rolled different stats.