Is the Grievous/Separatists Rework Satisfactory?

Prev13
Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
edited April 2019
As we all know by now, the Grievous rework is hot garbage, and the developer footage of the droids steamrolling revan teams is clearly not being realized. The only question now is whether or not this developer footage was a lie, or if this is all a mistake due to bugs. Either way we need answers. But, knowing who we’re dealing with, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we don’t receive one for some time, if at all. CG, just tell us what the heck is going on. We’ve lost some good revan counters in Finn and now Traya, so is Grievous intended as their heavily monetized replacement, or is he as he always was, a worthless toon locked behind a massive paywall?
Post edited by Georgemi6 on

Replies

• So, the fact that they put at an announcement last night, outside normal working hours, isn’t enough for you guys? They have barely been at the office a couple hours on the west coast - give them a chance before you start plucking chickens and boiling the tar.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196061/known-issues-revan-and-b1#latest
  • They just addressed an issue with B1, but it seems some other things are not like they should be. GG damage output is way to low even with full maxed G12+ gear and 6* mods. It is a shame from CG to come up with the video footage shown by the GC where GG does monster damage and now the majority of players can’t even win in offens against Revan! This is a very poor tactic and I learned my lesson: don’t trust CGs video footage, it’s a trap!
  • I think we have to let the devs work on a fix because I don’t think their intention was for this to be trash. Even through podcasts and such they were excited and said it would plow past expectations. It clearly seems something is wrong, and they wouldn’t have taken the time and energy to rework these characters and make two new ones just for it to suck. They know that to make money they need people to buy the GG, B1 and droideka packs which will only happen if they’re good. They’ve mentioned they know of the issues so hopefully we hear something sometime soon.
  • They just addressed an issue with B1, but it seems some other things are not like they should be. GG damage output is way to low even with full maxed G12+ gear and 6* mods. It is a shame from CG to come up with the video footage shown by the GC where GG does monster damage and now the majority of players can’t even win in offens against Revan! This is a very poor tactic and I learned my lesson: don’t trust CGs video footage, it’s a trap!

Just as an FYI - EA is currently saying nothing wrong with GG damage output.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/General-Grievous-Damage-Bug/m-p/7539613#M23086
  • WAI. It's just that the Intention was *not* to make GG/Sepdroids viable.
  • Are these results with a 7* Droideka? Because he's "intended" be a vital part of that team. So it can't be WAI if you don't have a 7* Droideka in there and you're trying to take out top arena teams.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    How many people actually maxed this team out? All sorts of forumers saying it’s garbage. I think I’ll wait to see my team in action before I lower the axe.
  • Teaches me a lesson, don’t jump the gun on gearing up characters and do not ever spend a zeta until real world footage is shown. What they did is got g12+ on every droid with full 6* mods, for the revan teams in the footage they removed all mods.

The reason why they gave stock footage to the GC is because if they let normal people play with the characters they would laugh their **** off and say this crap isn’t worth it. I saved my zetas this time, lost out on the g11-12s for each of the droids, next time it won’t happen again.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Working as stated, meaning killing Revan teams? Obviously not.
    Working as intended, meaning making people spend their resources before Darth Revan? It seems that at least partially yes.
  • It’s sad.
    Been waiting years for Greivous to be useable. Got 7* Droideka. Zetas on Greivous, B1, B2, all gear 12+, and can’t even look at a CLS squad and Revan is doable but very chancey.
  • Hoping something gets fixed here. It was a lot of resources that could have been useful that are now wasted.
  • neogeohunter
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Once again we were duped by CG! I don’t understand why they use such cheap business tactics... i promise, this is the last time I gear up any toon or buy any marquee right from the beginning before I have seen live footage! Thanks CG for fooling us again and again and again!
  • Palp and vader tooks weeks to be effective and most of ppl have them maxxed long time ago.
    Why everyone is so harsh on a team released just few hours?
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Palp and vader tooks weeks to be effective and most of ppl have them maxxed long time ago.

Preach it!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    My question is whether he's "bad" or just "doesn't beat Revan." Most teams can't beat Revan. I'd wager that he's significantly better than he was before, since before he was so bad as to be borderline unusable. My favorite was the pointless "AOE health down" ability.

That said, I do have to agree that this does seem like it was intended to drive a bunch of resource spending before they crank out Darth Revan.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Palp and vader tooks weeks to be effective and most of ppl have them maxxed long time ago.

Weeks?? A lot of people have been waiting on a Grievous rework for YEARS. Yes people are going to be upset when they have been anticipating it this long and it is falling WAY below expectations.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    My question is whether he's "bad" or just "doesn't beat Revan." Most teams can't beat Revan. I'd wager that he's significantly better than he was before, since before he was so bad as to be borderline unusable. My favorite was the pointless "AOE health down" ability.

That said, I do have to agree that this does seem like it was intended to drive a bunch of resource spending before they crank out Darth Revan.

The thing is that a Revan beater is desperately needed in arena. It wouldn't matter if CLS beat it (would be actually a good thing imo) as long as it beats Revan, but it's apparently not the case. And he certainly doesn't live up to the hype he was given, making him just another TW/GA team is disappointing.
  • Nauros wrote: »

The thing is that a Revan beater is desperately needed in arena. It wouldn't matter if CLS beat it (would be actually a good thing imo) as long as it beats Revan, but it's apparently not the case. And he certainly doesn't live up to the hype he was given, making him just another TW/GA team is disappointing.

Yes, especially because he was advertised as a “Jedi killer,” and what we got was pretty much the exact opposite.
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

You may be right, Vader and Palpatine were laughed at upon their rework until Sion was released and made the sith meta... however, I don’t see anything like that happening in the future. Perhaps HK-47, but that would still be a bit dumb for them to advertise the separatists dominating and then saying we need him... The other option is maybe some other droids like commando droid or B2 rocket droid, but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

It really seems like CG screwed us all over on this one. I’ve got some things to say about this whole debacle if this ends up being how the droids are intended to work, but for now, F in the chat for (letter after E)uck CG.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

My primary issue with this is the GC videos that showed the GG team hammering Revan team after Revan team. Several times in the video it is stated that GG teams "should be able to beat Revan teams easily" - that's not at all close to what is actually happening. Even with g12+ GG, zetas all around and even with the addition of Droideka.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hammering = light petting
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

My primary issue with this is the GC videos that showed the GG team hammering Revan team after Revan team. Several times in the video it is stated that GG teams "should be able to beat Revan teams easily" - that's not at all close to what is actually happening. Even with g12+ GG, zetas all around and even with the addition of Droideka.

Yes.... I wouldn’t even be all that mad if CG had just said from the start “this team isn’t meant to dominate arena” like they did with Bossk and the bounty hunters last year. But no, they had to shove it down our throats how awesome these guys were, and look what we got
  • Who would win
    Cyborg general of the droid army, trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku,

Or a couple of Ewoks.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Who would win

Or a couple of Ewoks.

I'm incredibly tempted to take my Tuskens against a Grievous team
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • I have to agree with the masses here. I’m (mostly) F2P and I invested resources early and heavily in GG and the available Sep droids in an effort to at least Do a little drafting on the tail of what was believed to be the new meta. It took no time at all to realize this team is a mess AT BEST (with a degree of likelihood there was intentional slight of hand on CG’s part).

Very disappointed I broke down and bought that 4th star on B1 and put a zeta on it.

Hard lesson learned.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Who would win

Or a couple of Ewoks.

I'm incredibly tempted to take my Tuskens against a Grievous team

Post videos! Real ones...from game play. Not ones provided by CG. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just a bug