Revan and the falcon have destroyed diversity

Prev134567
Virtually all of the top 50 in ranked are now the same carbon copy revan teams.

Same with ships, you either have the falcon or you don’t, there’s no in between.

Can we have some balacing patches or new hard counter teams so we can get back towards a rock / paper / scissor mentally.

I farmed hard for Revan and have him fully geared but the mirror matches are already stale.

I’ll have the falcon next time but right now there’s no point even trying to beat a falcon squad. I’m dead before I’ve called my second reinforcement.

Bring balance to the force... I mean game.

Replies

• Revan is ridiculous, 48 / 50 of my shard run it, I agree with you this kind of character design is killing the game. The falcon on the other end can be beaten with other comps (except kraken ones) and my shard’s top 20 is very varied with no identical comp
  • qkjerome wrote: »
    Revan is ridiculous, 48 / 50 of my shard run it, I agree with you this kind of character design is killing the game. The falcon on the other end can be beaten with other comps (except kraken ones) and my shard’s top 20 is very varied with no identical comp

But 1 common. Denominator in all the home 1 teams. There is a OT Falcon. And without one of your own. Youre sniping at a 1 in 20 chance rng win.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    They have no interest in making a compelling game. It’s as bad as it has ever been. There is zero diversity in the two most important game modes.. it’s really bad.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I dont even bother with either mode anymore, most days I launch a battle then exit on my first turn just to get the daily challenge because they're just not fun anymore.
  • Yep, zero balance. Getting boring.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Totally, Revan's kit looks like it was designed by a 5 year old kid on a power trip...

So annoying how every little detail is designed to counter EVERYTHING, that would give any other team a chance...
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Virtually all of the top 50 in ranked are now the same carbon copy revan teams.

Same with ships, you either have the falcon or you don’t, there’s no in between.

And within the "have the Falcon" tier, there is another layer, which is "you either sunk a massive amount of resources into Bistan and SRP to make Bistan's ship really fast, or you didn't."

Getting your own Falcon destroyed before you get your first turn is pretty cool, let me tell you.

I have to say, I've been a pretty staunch defender of the ship portion of the game, but the Falcon really has made it very dull and frustrating. Before I could win almost all the time against an even or slightly-superior opponent if I played my cards right. Now it basically comes down to whose team calls a more ludicrous number of assists.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    qkjerome wrote: »
    Revan is ridiculous, 48 / 50 of my shard run it, I agree with you this kind of character design is killing the game. The falcon on the other end can be beaten with other comps (except kraken ones) and my shard’s top 20 is very varied with no identical comp

But 1 common. Denominator in all the home 1 teams. There is a OT Falcon. And without one of your own. Youre sniping at a 1 in 20 chance rng win.

No common D is HT falcon is wortless without HT

Or 3 percent running bistan falcon not problem HT is
  • Revan is definitely a problem, but I don't think the Falcon is as big of a deal. Yeah, it's the best overall team on defense (some team has to be), but it's not overpowered to the point that it can't be beaten. And there's usually a lot more diversity with who the Falcon gets paired with. Even your starting team, despite having 4 ships (including the capital), has a greater degree of variance than the carbon copy of Revan, Jolee, Bastila, GK, GMY. Once you factor in all the reinforcements there's still a pretty good amount of diversity. And, unlike Revan, the best teams against the Falcon aren't even necessarily Falcon teams. They just require you to diversify your roster, which is harder in fleets, I know, but is also the obvious solution to not enough diversity.
  • Revan is definitely a problem, but I don't think the Falcon is as big of a deal. Yeah, it's the best overall team on defense (some team has to be), but it's not overpowered to the point that it can't be beaten. And there's usually a lot more diversity with who the Falcon gets paired with. Even your starting team, despite having 4 ships (including the capital), has a greater degree of variance than the carbon copy of Revan, Jolee, Bastila, GK, GMY. Once you factor in all the reinforcements there's still a pretty good amount of diversity. And, unlike Revan, the best teams against the Falcon aren't even necessarily Falcon teams. They just require you to diversify your roster, which is harder in fleets, I know, but is also the obvious solution to not enough diversity.

I dunno, man. I have a hard time imagining any non-Rebel fleet beating a well-geared Rebel/Falcon fleet. The assists, dispels and cleanses are just out of control. Maybe it's beatable when everything isn't maxed, but my fleet that previously took #1 every day without fail got absolutely crushed by them. I think I managed to beat the Falcon with it once, maybe twice out of dozens of attempts because I got absolutely perfect RNG. And even then, it came down to the wire with me firing Tarkin's OMGTIEFIGHTERS with one ship left in the red.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• And now our only hope of GG and the gang making an attempt to break Revan has been dashed. They better be careful this game is already 3 yrs old and could die fast if they keep this up
  • i agree and am worried about the direction of the game, the last few weeks have been garbage
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

I ran Biggs, Falcon, Ghost for a while. It worked but HT worked better.
  • qkjerome wrote: »

You literally said it all wrong. Actually the falcon at 7 stars CANNOT BE BEATEN despite what you say, on the other hand Revan can EASILY be beaten by a tank Traya with badstila. But I do agree with the OP this is becoming a joke

Revan loses to Traya easily with the Traya tank strategy. He can also be beaten by CLS but requires some RNG. The falcon at 7 stars with HT CANNOT be beaten. You have it in reverse
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Falcon is a bigger problem imo.

1) It’s a much harder farm. You need all the bounty hunter ships and a full g12-g11 bounty hunter team for chewie.

2) the RNG dependencies are obnoxious. Winning comes down to how many random assists get called.

I agree HT is still a problem but it is easier to farm at least.

Stacking protection on hit is bad enough but that’s not my main problem with it. The fact it gains so much turn meter when an ally gets hit is ridiculous.

For example, it’s counter is buff immunity. Let’s say you hit it with Anakin, which inflicts buff immunity, but because it’s an AOE HT gains a tonne of turn meter and goes again immediately meaning you only get 1 turn to try and knock it down. And that’s before it gets healed, buffed or another taunt reinforces to absorb the hits.

HT needs a nerf too. It’s beatable but obnoxious.

• xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Geos can destroy falcon, revan, revan can go do one, everyone should make a pact and just run treya

I have the Geos. Ive never beaten the falcon. What am I doing wrong?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Revan is the worst thing that happened to this game. I m tired of this character. He is not even in any star wars movie and yet he is everywhere in this game....

And i think the main problem is not Revan but Jolee because my CLS squad destroys every Revan team without Jolee. But as soon as Jole is there he revives everyone so it s unbeatable. It s like playing an unfair 5 vs 10 game... totally unballanced
  • I was just thinking this morning, how nice it was of CG to go in completely the opposite direction of diversity. Used to be I would make a point of using all five attempts in each arena to get the highest rank I possibly could. Now all I have to do is recover whatever ground I lost overnight until I get to the point where there is a wall of unbeatable Revan or Falcon teams, and I'm done for the day.

Diminishes the amount of time I spend on this game, and frees me up to do other things instead. Way to go CG! Slowly but surely you will wean people off of your own product.
  • Revan is the worst thing that happened to this game. I m tired of this character. He is not even in any star wars movie and yet he is everywhere in this game....

I’m happy he’s in the game, I love kotor and it had a massive following. I wouldn’t object on that basis. You could apply that to a lot of characters (e.g. why are most of the Jedi council crazy weak)

However, I would like revan to be balanced or have some hard counters.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    I was just thinking this morning, how nice it was of CG to go in completely the opposite direction of diversity. Used to be I would make a point of using all five attempts in each arena to get the highest rank I possibly could. Now all I have to do is recover whatever ground I lost overnight until I get to the point where there is a wall of unbeatable Revan or Falcon teams, and I'm done for the day.

Diminishes the amount of time I spend on this game, and frees me up to do other things instead. Way to go CG! Slowly but surely you will wean people off of your own product.

😂😂😂😂😂

I agree. I keep going in ship arena until I hit falcon and then that’s it.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Geos can destroy falcon, revan, revan can go do one, everyone should make a pact and just run treya

I have the Geos. Ive never beaten the falcon. What am I doing wrong?

Run HT, SF, Soldier as starters. RI with Spy and hope that forced taunt lands on HMF. This way HMF can be targeted. Once HMF is down it is an easy win.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Crazy... Revan is heaven. Proper falcon is one baaaad ship.

All hail our supreme overlords proper falcon and Revan!

Can't wait for the new evil Revan meta then Jedi Luke meta.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Revan is definitely a problem, but I don't think the Falcon is as big of a deal. Yeah, it's the best overall team on defense (some team has to be), but it's not overpowered to the point that it can't be beaten. And there's usually a lot more diversity with who the Falcon gets paired with. Even your starting team, despite having 4 ships (including the capital), has a greater degree of variance than the carbon copy of Revan, Jolee, Bastila, GK, GMY. Once you factor in all the reinforcements there's still a pretty good amount of diversity. And, unlike Revan, the best teams against the Falcon aren't even necessarily Falcon teams. They just require you to diversify your roster, which is harder in fleets, I know, but is also the obvious solution to not enough diversity.

Absolutely and CG is now going out of its way to nerf zFinn- one of the few reliable Revan killers. You have to wonder why CG is trying to create a monoculture- except to create massive demand for Darth Revan who will be unbeatable by Jedi Revan teams (forcing all the top arena teams to panic farm and whale out if they want to remain relevant).Hmmm... that does make sense, doesn't it? It's not healthy for the game or the players, but it will help CG's pocket book in the short term...
  • Isnt CLS doing this long time ago?
    And JTR, EP, traya...

I see no difference.
  • Current meta is frustrating but let’s not pretend that there was this great diversity in either arena before Revan or HMF.
  • Revan is not the problem with this game. One of the major problems with the game, besides people giving into EA’s pay to win mentality, is the sandbox effect. Want to make the game more interesting and fun? Make it so you can only run teams according to their proper factions and timeline.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Current meta is frustrating but let’s not pretend that there was this great diversity in either arena before Revan or HMF.

Actually, at least on my shard, it was quite good before Revan's second coming. Cls and Trayas, even the odd JTR, with only the very top filled with Revan. Now it's just Revan.
    People aren't asking for great diversity, they are asking for some diversity.