Are you lying about Grievous? Yes... Yes you are (my 1st ever post & I'm angry)

Replies

• Except that Revan didn't need to be g12+, 6 star modded, or fully zeta'd - nor does even need the "right" team around him to win (there are g11 Revan teams with Chewie, Thrawn, Ezra or Hoda in place of the "traditional" Jolie or Bastilla slot int he top 50 of my launch shard).

And there are whales in my shard chat that DO have 7* Droideka and g12+ GG and dumped zetas into the team - and they've all switched back to Revan. Do you know why? Because GG needs too much RNG - even maxed, compared to a Revan team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @taquillasun I don't disagree with your premise at all. I think the people that rush in with 3/4* marquees and declare defeat are a bit premature.
    Yet plenty have whaled out and brought B1 and droideka to 7* have come to the same conclusion.
  • post some names in your shard and their guild so I can look them up?
  • My shard has krackens... I'll check right now for you
  • who are these people who you say have whaled out?
  • Not a single GG team in my shard.... ANd I used to roam top 10 - I had revan Day 1 at G12 and 3 zeta. Guess what -I have 5 full zetas saved up now. ANd I have a ton gf gear. I'll be reclaiming my spot soon..
  • I don’t know OP. I get what you’re saying about a Greivous team needing to be maxed everything before saying if they are good or not....but here’s the thing....a Revan team doesn’t need to be maxed zeta and geared yet they can be competitive in arena.

If Revan doesn’t need to be maxed everything and Greivous does...then what’s the real problem here? Is it that Revan is just that good or is it Greivous is just that bad?
  • I don’t know OP. I get what you’re saying about a Greivous team needing to be maxed everything before saying if they are good or not....but here’s the thing....a Revan team doesn’t need to be maxed zeta and geared yet they can be competitive in arena.

If Revan doesn’t need to be maxed everything and Greivous does...then what’s the real problem here? Is it that Revan is just that good or is it Greivous is just that bad?

Revan is OP. Its that simple.
  • LOL my shard currently has 48 Revan and 2 Traya in top 50.

Weak! When C3PO unveiled I at least saw him in top 10 for a while behind CLS Chewie R2 and Han . It actually is kinda bad to not see a GG team in top 50 on my old, whale filled competitive shard.

It tells you something.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some posts and edited the OP. Let's chill with the "shut up if you can't X" remarks, calling people trolls, and so on. :smile:
  • I would say Bastila at 3* G11 + zeta made more of an impact in arena when she was released than GG has so far. While she needed a supporting cast of GMY, HYoda, Ezra, the Kenobi's etc., it wasn't a completely a all g12, all full zeta, all god mod type of team. As long as you had the leader zeta, the team worked pretty well. It worked much better with zetas on the supporting cast, but so far the Bastila team made much more of an impact than the GG team.
  • EdSolo wrote: »
    I would say Bastila at 3* G11 + zeta made more of an impact in arena when she was released than GG has so far. While she needed a supporting cast of GMY, HYoda, Ezra, the Kenobi's etc., it wasn't a completely a all g12, all full zeta, all god mod type of team. As long as you had the leader zeta, the team worked pretty well. It worked much better with zetas on the supporting cast, but so far the Bastila team made much more of an impact than the GG team.

I think this is very true, but her leadership was also specifically designed to counter the prevailing EP meta at the time.

Either GG wasn't designed with the same counter-focus (meaning he didn't get any specifically anti-jedi components to his kit) or Revan and his cohorts just represent too much strength. I personally think it's a little bit of both.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    I've removed some posts and edited the OP. Let's chill with the "shut up if you can't X" remarks, calling people trolls, and so on. :smile:

Retired? No more EA_Cian?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Can you provide any proof that you've got a fully decked out grievous team and you're reliably beating revan without dropping like a rock on defense?
    If not, how do you know others are lying when they say GG isn't that good? Isn't that why you're calling others liars? For saying something they actually don't know?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • This post didn't age well. GG is nowhere to be found.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »

Uhhhh...except this whole thread is a troll. The precedent of the OP is nobody should talk about anything, nor discuss anything, until they meet the OP’s prerequisites. 🙄

Here is my lineup. Do you know why I stopped? Because I realized I had wasted resources already, and cut my losses. If I know the team is not worth it, why would I spend more money and resources to “prove” something to anyone?! Pay me, and I’ll finish them.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • v2rxqqjhgwoc.png
  • I met your challenge and posted my wasted resources team. Now here’s my prerequisite: don’t tell me to continue down this waste until you pay me for it. After you do: I’ll Let you pick whatever mods you want me to put on them, and I’ll record as many failed videos as you want.
  • Gee whiz. CG lied about a meta game changer....again. Color me shocked.
    There are only 2 ways out of the Revan nightmare, and only one solution isn't stupid.

1) CG will release the next uber toon to specifically counter Revan. This toon will be so overpowered that it can beat Revan by itself and no team will ever be able to beat it. All you have to do is give CG $1,000

2) Nerf Revan. CG routinely nerfs toons that pose a minor threat to their precious 3 year old raid, but don't touch the one toon that has changed Arena to its most useless point ever. There has never been, in the history of this game, a single team that dominates from 1-100+ like this team has. Even with every previous meta prior to Revan, there was always at least 3-4 other teams that could challenge the metas.

Am I bitter? Yes. As soon as this character was released, I knew it would do what it did. CG has zero desire to create a well balanced game, and instead relies on the whales (like I was) to fork over $$ for their next over the top toon. They had a good idea with the legendary hero releases back when it was first introduced. Remember the original GMY and Palpatine? They were powerful, but weren't game changers. CG found a way to make a very strong character, but keep it in check with other squads and in raids. It also took most players at least two to three times to get either of those toons. Now, if you pay out enough cash, you can get your 7* uber toon on day 1. And unfortunately, it works. So, I can guarantee that CG will not change its ways any time soon.
  • 5qwye9rwqjnd.jpg
    vid8crcv3jv7.jpg
    8pjhkz08eqdu.jpg
    ihru3ivi6n9y.jpg
    iz7cgz6wp783.jpg
    eudn6r65l12q.jpg
    zsxtoqeqq5jy.jpg
    dn1d0ehazw07.jpg
    0kuwlx6ol519.jpg
    2kh7eop6czyp.jpg
    sbxxe378g0tv.jpg

There, the only weak link is b1 and droideka that aren't 7 star, but still everyone but magna has the zeta, modded so b2 goes first taking the tenacity up, so the rest of the team can start putting target lock. Can win 2-3 of 5 against revan with mediocre mods and with bastila rework, jolee counter is just making even harder to get those 2-3 wins. I am stuck between 200 and 100 and every day i fall like crazy. I know stars should make a lot of difference, the 6e mods and the gear 12, but still it always is a lucky shoot, if they mark b1 its over, sometimes even marking droideka or grievous depending on yoda mods i just can't beat them, so pretty much yes, they lied, it definitely doesn't surpasses expectations, like not even close, cant win against cls, traya nor jedi revan, didn't tested against darth revan but its not a good team and absolutely not worth the investment.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ahnold is bad. Why even watch?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yurisahao wrote: »
    5qwye9rwqjnd.jpg
    vid8crcv3jv7.jpg
    8pjhkz08eqdu.jpg
    ihru3ivi6n9y.jpg
    iz7cgz6wp783.jpg
    eudn6r65l12q.jpg
    zsxtoqeqq5jy.jpg
    dn1d0ehazw07.jpg
    0kuwlx6ol519.jpg
    2kh7eop6czyp.jpg
    sbxxe378g0tv.jpg

There, the only weak link is b1 and droideka that aren't 7 star, but still everyone but magna has the zeta, modded so b2 goes first taking the tenacity up, so the rest of the team can start putting target lock. Can win 2-3 of 5 against revan with mediocre mods and with bastila rework, jolee counter is just making even harder to get those 2-3 wins. I am stuck between 200 and 100 and every day i fall like crazy. I know stars should make a lot of difference, the 6e mods and the gear 12, but still it always is a lucky shoot, if they mark b1 its over, sometimes even marking droideka or grievous depending on yoda mods i just can't beat them, so pretty much yes, they lied, it definitely doesn't surpasses expectations, like not even close, cant win against cls, traya nor jedi revan, didn't tested against darth revan but its not a good team and absolutely not worth the investment.

No droid expert at all but i thought getting gg to or as close as possible to 65k hp is what u wznt or higher if possible? So in that regards 47k seems a little low?
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    My team: GG, B1, B2, 100, BB-8
    https://youtu.be/3cM6eAbUwZ8
    I've been enjoying beating Revan with impunity since the GG rework. B1's now at 6* and all who can have blinged mods. This stalled somewhat with DR but it wasn't until ****'s Battle Meditation that I went into freefall.

The problem with so many games now is that many people don't want (or simply aren't smart or patient enough) to figure things out for themselves. They just jump online and go looking for someone else who -has- put the time and effort into figuring it out to tell them what to do. They have no basis to formulate an opinion themselves so they simply regurgitate someone else's opinion as their own. In this day and age, an opinion is worth more than a fact - get more 'likes' behind your opinion and you're considered to be holding the truth.

Just because more people say something, it doesn't make it more right. Fact.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • I've found a nifty spot for my zzGG as a NS killer. I have a super-fast G12 engy that I pair him with along with a G12 zB2 and then two other random droids. Engy goes first so the TL and TM reduction (DS toons lose 5% TM when damaged) train gets rolling.
    Eventually Talzin hits her plague special, and that's when the real fun begins. GG drops below 100% health and slaps marked on B2 or one of the other droids. Then when the first droid inevitably dies GG unleashes Grievous Wounds. The NS get mad and kill another droid and at that point GG has gone full Hulk and will usually wipe out the remaining NS with another Grievous Wounds.

But with GG's Metalloid Monstrosity unique, he is the worst toon to place on defense in TW or GA.
    5qwye9rwqjnd.jpg
    vid8crcv3jv7.jpg
    8pjhkz08eqdu.jpg
    ihru3ivi6n9y.jpg
    iz7cgz6wp783.jpg
    eudn6r65l12q.jpg
    zsxtoqeqq5jy.jpg
    dn1d0ehazw07.jpg
    0kuwlx6ol519.jpg
    2kh7eop6czyp.jpg
    sbxxe378g0tv.jpg

No droid expert at all but i thought getting gg to or as close as possible to 65k hp is what u wznt or higher if possible? So in that regards 47k seems a little low?

It should be the better option, but i can only get some thing around 55k with really bad speed mods and i tested both health 6e triangle and critical damage 6e triangle and i cant se much of a difference, but the point is, to get that much health i would need all the gear 12+ and if we really need that to only beat jedi revan, it comes to the point that no, it doesn't came even close to our expectations. I waited for that rework since grievous was released, and as sad as it sounds, it is bad.
    Yurisahao wrote: »
    5qwye9rwqjnd.jpg
    vid8crcv3jv7.jpg
    8pjhkz08eqdu.jpg
    ihru3ivi6n9y.jpg
    iz7cgz6wp783.jpg
    eudn6r65l12q.jpg
    zsxtoqeqq5jy.jpg
    dn1d0ehazw07.jpg
    0kuwlx6ol519.jpg
    2kh7eop6czyp.jpg
    sbxxe378g0tv.jpg

It should be the better option, but i can only get some thing around 55k with really bad speed mods and i tested both health 6e triangle and critical damage 6e triangle and i cant se much of a difference, but the point is, to get that much health i would need all the gear 12+ and if we really need that to only beat jedi revan, it comes to the point that no, it doesn't came even close to our expectations. I waited for that rework since grievous was released, and as sad as it sounds, it is bad.

Wampa also needs certain g12+ gear to actually become good (bayonettes).
    If i g12ed the squad, id surely take those extra 2 gears to actually make the squad good.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm going to point out, now that's it's been a while, no one who sees a loaded GG team in TW or GA is taking it lightly and they sure aren't rushing in with their Revan team as far as I can see. Moreover, I have found fun uses with my GG team. I don't have them geared up high except GG. He's G11. I feel like this team offers a lot of counters and you can't use a budget team against them on Defense They're solid in a lot of ways.

That being said, did it from the video released - look like he could 1 button a JKR team? Yeah, it did. Did we get that? No we didn't. But I feel like if you are a half way skilled player, you can make that team fit into a lot of spaces and do well and...yeah it can take down a meta team. Before? No....
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I'll say again, my GG could beat a top 10 JKR team with ease - often inside two minutes. It requires a lot of steering and target priority. Surprisingly, RNG didn't even play that much of a part either. What did play a massive part was the AI of the opposing team...

I ran BB-8 in my 5th spot for two reasons: going first and taunting. Going first gave me a chance to set up the field and taunting, critically, added one more potential target for the AI. This split their attacks as I could potentially have two marks and two taunts active.

But defensively, they're dog toffee. The first time I had the number 1 spot, I dropped 63 places in 24 hours. This actually made the Arena a lot fun as I'd have to really work hard to claw my way back up - and I knew it would happen.

The real stinker is that since ****'s **** re-work, all that fun's gone. They enhanced a toon that didn't need it to pander to their paying elite. An EP counter turned up and now Malak's getting a day 1 patch to squash that.

I was already running a fringe team with the odds stacked against me. There's just no need to stack them further. That's just bad business.

Welcome to Revan Wars - Galaxy of Revans
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
    Yurisahao wrote: »
    5qwye9rwqjnd.jpg
    vid8crcv3jv7.jpg
    8pjhkz08eqdu.jpg
    ihru3ivi6n9y.jpg
    iz7cgz6wp783.jpg
    eudn6r65l12q.jpg
    zsxtoqeqq5jy.jpg
    dn1d0ehazw07.jpg
    0kuwlx6ol519.jpg
    2kh7eop6czyp.jpg
    sbxxe378g0tv.jpg

Wampa also needs certain g12+ gear to actually become good (bayonettes).
    If i g12ed the squad, id surely take those extra 2 gears to actually make the squad good.

I disagree, i had a pretty good use to him at gear 8, 5* in grand arena, like when a toon is good you can see potential at low star and gear, if you need god mods and full gear 12+ to see the potential, something is really wrong, fallen bastila and normal bastila for example were used at low stars and gear. Grievous is not bad, but troopers are not bad either for example, why would you farm grievous and his folks if you can farm like revan(s), he is worthless, its just an good team at grand arena when they are maxed out. ;-;