Are you lying about Grievous? Yes... Yes you are (my 1st ever post & I'm angry)

13Next

Replies

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ucmbs87ln7e6.png

Guy in my shard.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    I have seen numerous posts suggestion GG Re-work sucks and is bad and not worth it. To which I can only say-- if you are not using a full 7 star full zeta squad, you need to stop saying such things. It's misleading and untrue. ANd Don't say that's not the case when you know very well, 90% + of the posters do not have such a team. I myself have gone through a few posts, looked up their roster, and their teams are not full. Not full 7 star, and not full zeta. So how - how is it fair, or reasonable or even genuine to make such comments when really, these players are not playing with a full deck?

So please, I CHALLENGE YOU post your roster for all to see the squad you are using.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian

People who say this team sucks dont have to have a fully maxed out GG squad to know he sucks against the meta. It's called "YouTube" where whales, and players with test accounts post videos, giving everyone visual evidence that the team sucks even fully maxed out...
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I have seen numerous posts suggestion GG Re-work sucks and is bad and not worth it. To which I can only say-- if you are not using a full 7 star full zeta squad, you need to stop saying such things. It's misleading and untrue. ANd Don't say that's not the case when you know very well, 90% + of the posters do not have such a team. I myself have gone through a few posts, looked up their roster, and their teams are not full. Not full 7 star, and not full zeta. So how - how is it fair, or reasonable or even genuine to make such comments when really, these players are not playing with a full deck?

So please, I CHALLENGE YOU post your roster for all to see the squad you are using.

People who say this team sucks dont have to have a fully maxed out GG squad to know he sucks against the meta. It's called "YouTube" where whales, and players with test accounts post videos, giving everyone visual evidence that the team sucks even fully maxed out...

You mean that place where a handful of people out of the millions that play tell you everything you need to know? For every video a so-called 'game changer' puts out, there's ten videos showing an opposite view. They don't have the profile or production values to turn up in your first page of results, but they're there. For every one of them, there's thousands of players who don't post any videos.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but the only way to have an informed opinion is to try it for yourself. If you're incapable or unwilling to try it for yourself, then your opinion isn't your own - it's someone else's you're regurgitating.

The OP's point stands and on aggregate, he's probably proved it quite well with this thread. I can't be bothered to go back and check but it seems that most people who have actually maxed out a GG team are getting good (or at least satisfactory) results. Whereas most people still saying GG sucks are just churning out what their YouTube 'shephards' are saying...
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

You mean that place where a handful of people out of the millions that play tell you everything you need to know? For every video a so-called 'game changer' puts out, there's ten videos showing an opposite view. They don't have the profile or production values to turn up in your first page of results, but they're there. For every one of them, there's thousands of players who don't post any videos.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but the only way to have an informed opinion is to try it for yourself. If you're incapable or unwilling to try it for yourself, then your opinion isn't your own - it's someone else's you're regurgitating.

The OP's point stands and on aggregate, he's probably proved it quite well with this thread. I can't be bothered to go back and check but it seems that most people who have actually maxed out a GG team are getting good (or at least satisfactory) results. Whereas most people still saying GG sucks are just churning out what their YouTube 'shephards' are saying...

This.

I regret putting Grievous on the side-line gear wise until very recently because I bought all that nonsense...

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    If your not playing with a maxed ZZGG in all
    6e mods with ZZTm3 your doing it wrong . Metalloid monstrosity resets GGs abilities and gives him a turn when a droid dies . It beats Dr Malak easily but will lose on Defense just like everything else.. 8per cd bonus per enemy debuff on the field added to GGs aoe his 3rd and 4th turn is like nukes.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Yurisahao wrote: »
    5qwye9rwqjnd.jpg
    vid8crcv3jv7.jpg
    8pjhkz08eqdu.jpg
    ihru3ivi6n9y.jpg
    iz7cgz6wp783.jpg
    eudn6r65l12q.jpg
    zsxtoqeqq5jy.jpg
    dn1d0ehazw07.jpg
    0kuwlx6ol519.jpg
    2kh7eop6czyp.jpg
    sbxxe378g0tv.jpg

There, the only weak link is b1 and droideka that aren't 7 star, but still everyone but magna has the zeta, modded so b2 goes first taking the tenacity up, so the rest of the team can start putting target lock. Can win 2-3 of 5 against revan with mediocre mods and with bastila rework, jolee counter is just making even harder to get those 2-3 wins. I am stuck between 200 and 100 and every day i fall like crazy. I know stars should make a lot of difference, the 6e mods and the gear 12, but still it always is a lucky shoot, if they mark b1 its over, sometimes even marking droideka or grievous depending on yoda mods i just can't beat them, so pretty much yes, they lied, it definitely doesn't surpasses expectations, like not even close, cant win against cls, traya nor jedi revan, didn't tested against darth revan but its not a good team and absolutely not worth the investment.

No droid expert at all but i thought getting gg to or as close as possible to 65k hp is what u wznt or higher if possible? So in that regards 47k seems a little low?

It should be the better option, but i can only get some thing around 55k with really bad speed mods and i tested both health 6e triangle and critical damage 6e triangle and i cant se much of a difference, but the point is, to get that much health i would need all the gear 12+ and if we really need that to only beat jedi revan, it comes to the point that no, it doesn't came even close to our expectations. I waited for that rework since grievous was released, and as sad as it sounds, it is bad.

Wampa also needs certain g12+ gear to actually become good (bayonettes).
    If i g12ed the squad, id surely take those extra 2 gears to actually make the squad good.

I disagree, i had a pretty good use to him at gear 8, 5* in grand arena, like when a toon is good you can see potential at low star and gear, if you need god mods and full gear 12+ to see the potential, something is really wrong, fallen bastila and normal bastila for example were used at low stars and gear. Grievous is not bad, but troopers are not bad either for example, why would you farm grievous and his folks if you can farm like revan(s), he is worthless, its just an good team at grand arena when they are maxed out. ;-;

Something is RIGHT if you need to gear up a toon for it to perform well. A toon typically turns out OP if it’s good at low star and gear levels. Grievous being good at G12 rewards the players who put work into him, which apparently you’re not willing to do. Also throw BB8 and T3 in there, not magma, and you can do without Droideka.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Not B2, Droideka.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    I’m beating maxed g12 Malaks with mine . ZZGG ZZT3m4, ZZC3po, Zipd, ZBB8. Opening moves ,Clear buffs and debuff first with T3m4 Dispel Malak and Target lock with ipd call in GG with a c3po mass attack on BSF. GG aoe for mass damage. They go and start killing droids and GGs metalloid monstrosity kicks in and nukes them. I’m on one of the oldest shards in the game this is against top 5 opponents. Loads of resources to achieve this not sure its for everybody but I’m having a blast with it. Jkr goes in on defense after last battle.
  • Options
    I am a big droids fan and I agree that his rework being labeled as "trash" was largely unfounded by people who didn't really put in the effort to get the team to the level where they can do real work.

But I believe the BIGGEST issue with the rework was how much effort you need to put into the team to be good. Having to dump 6 zetas and have everyone be 12+ is a much higher commitment to a team than giving just one Zeta to Talzin, then boom.... nightsisters are great. Or one zeta to Bastila, and instantly your Jedi team becomes amazing.

You can definitely argue that Revan has a high investment too (although still not as high), but since the sep droids perform so poorly on defense... a lot of people didn't see the point investing so much into them, when they could get better results with the more shiny team.

That being said, I love my team. I don't ever break top 100, but I have fun each day seeing which teams I can beat. It sure beats all the mirror matches others are faced with!
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Noticed a bug going to report. Ipd should do 30per damage to all enemies when he explodes it’s not happening. Hope not a stealth nerf for Malak lol. Going try 88 used C3p0 to make sure I kill BSF before she takes a turn maybe 88 damage does the trick .