[MEGA] General Grievous’ Leadership and Damage Clarifications

14567810Next

Replies

• I still don’t understand what the point of this rework was.

He’s just as useless as he was before.
  • Misguide, bait and switch, give us false hope of a chance of shared META, make us WASTE A LOT of resources on a squad that's B-grade...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 😏
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Brown89 wrote: »
    Let me start by saying I appreciate the content and effort that goes into the new character's, raids and events that are regularly released. There's a reason people are still playing after 3 years and new players are joining.

But I want to talk about this rework and new release and give my thoughts.

I understand that marketing material will always show the best and want to create demand for the new character's but the footage imo appears to be misleading. Theres people implying the defence teams were unmodded maybe?

I have committed substantial gear and 4 zetas to the team. I have G12 GG with both zetas and most G12+ pieces and all 6E mods (as suggested other than Crit Damage triangle I have gone for more health.) But at best it's a 1/4 chance of beating Revan.

After substantial testing i can report: If marked hits GG it's possible to recover but often he's down and out before you can recover. I've actually been using L337 for an extra heal over droideka as it's slightly improved the overall chance of victory. If B1 gets marked it's pretty much over too. So your usually destroyed in the first 30 seconds.

Yes I have won, yes I like the faction and kit but the results are very lack luster. I have modded as suggested and even with GG having loads of health it isn't working great. You only have to watch the multitude of YouTube videos out there to see they are easily countered too on defence. I had nearly as much success pre Magnaguard, GG and Droideka rework/release. So not great on offence and walked over on defence........

As I see it there are three potential solutions:
    1) Buff the faction (they are far from overpowered), I'm sure people wouldn't mind if they could still be easily countered if they could actually reliably counter something! Grevious lead is weak, a suggestion would be to add a separatist droid buff based on the number of Jedi on the opposing team . Like Plus 10% health and offence per jedi. They were hyped as a jedi killer, so perhaps a focused buff would work best.
    2) Refund gear and zetas and let people decide if they would reinvest now the true videos and gameplay is in the open
    3) Do nothing and have angry disappointed players. Even those that haven't invested agree it's still a worthless faction.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info etc.

The video was clearly misrepresenting gg / droid capabilities.

So has every video for the last year...except this time people saw revan killer instead of traya killer jumped the gun and now enough ppl are complaining they see “refund”.

So the end game is you get the charge back, keep the zetas, keep the toons, keep the gear... but now you also have the money so you get to whale on revan too...

If they refund the money due to X whatever i just hope they are resetting the toons to pre refund status otherwise ppl jumping the shark are getting an entire team that will be possibly needed for TB or a legendary for free not really fair for the ppl who waited
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Misguide, bait and switch, give us false hope of a chance of shared META, make us WASTE A LOT of resources on a squad that's B-grade...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 😏

Except the people posting how they got refunds.... from the stores (which were taken down) and prob get to keep the toons.... so they get a free legendary down the road.... or some kind of advantage i’m more interested in that right now
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Misguide, bait and switch, give us false hope of a chance of shared META, make us WASTE A LOT of resources on a squad that's B-grade...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 😏

Except the people posting how they got refunds.... from the stores (which were taken down) and prob get to keep the toons.... so they get a free legendary down the road.... or some kind of advantage i’m more interested in that right now

I asked for a refund on the shard packs I bought.

I was really disappointed to have to though. I want to spend the money to unlock the separatists as I thought they were cool in the movies.

I just can’t justify any spend on a team that is utter garbage.

I’d even back my bossk lead bounty hunter team to easily take down that pile of bantha poodoo
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 😏

I asked for a refund on the shard packs I bought.

I was really disappointed to have to though. I want to spend the money to unlock the separatists as I thought they were cool in the movies.

I just can’t justify any spend on a team that is utter garbage.

I’d even back my bossk lead bounty hunter team to easily take down that pile of bantha poodoo

Sure hope they take the shards back
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    I am late :sweat_smile: but GG rework was really promising
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SlcU1w0bss4
    Who would have thought that GG rework will weaken B1 (MVP in the video above) and in fact make GG more fragile before his first turn (he had 50% more health).
    I suppose losing 1 stack instead of 8 (B1) in case of damage based on percent health could help a lot in both directions.
    But whatever. I will just pick the next meta. Until then I am gonna admire the arenascape with dear Revans. (Unless revan will stay but with other color :sweat_smile:)

What was his kit before? Can't remember and don't know where to find that info, lol.

Its funny though, cause his lead pre-rework that is shown in that vid actually helped the droids live longer, reduced crit chance and lowered crit damage would be so good against GMY's damage to you. Yet I see they removed that part of his lead in the rework and changed it to be useless defence reductions and crit avoidance reductions, both of which hardly effect any characters in the game.
  • As per Carrie's suggestion that they annotate future videos with bullet points, I honestly don't think CG should bother. It's going to be a very long time before those CG supplied vids have any credibility.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gorem wrote: »

What was his kit before? Can't remember and don't know where to find that info, lol.

Its funny though, cause his lead pre-rework that is shown in that vid actually helped the droids live longer, reduced crit chance and lowered crit damage would be so good against GMY's damage to you. Yet I see they removed that part of his lead in the rework and changed it to be useless defence reductions and crit avoidance reductions, both of which hardly effect any characters in the game.

One way is to use web archive :smile:

kedfhnzk4sbv.png

• Still want to know how anyone was supposed to know that the damage was based off of 20% of his max health....
  • @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb
    We appreciate you responding to this issue. Though I too was extremely underwhelmed by the grievous rework, I sat back and waited to invest. I don't think it's realistic to ask at this point for an immediate rework or refund of investment.

What my real concern is, why has no dev responded to the red hot thread that is the Finn nerf with stern language of no zeta refund?

Grievous et al were willing and voluntary investments regardless of what the expectations may have been. But our Finn zetas have been around for 2 years plus, and cg is on record saying his leadership is working as intended and the problem is in the interaction with the Sith raid (we're now seeing 2 new teams or characters that have problematic interactions with p3 as well in cls and droideka). To drop a bombshell on the way out the door on a Friday that you're going to change a long standing, heavily invested character with no option of zeta refund and still not address it to date (even though that forum page has 36 pages to date of venomous outrage, largely in part to the communication and handling) is more distressing than all this disappointing grievous business to me. I hope you and your team make this right by either rethinking the Finn leadership nerf or rework, whichever you prefer, or by allowing us the opportunity to get our investment of time and resources back (namely just the zeta). Also, a little communication goes a long way as was proven here, and if you haven't noticed yet you'd need a riot shield you walk into that room at this point due to the neglect.

An afterthought, I'm far far away from free to play, but this particular issue has me on a spending freeze, as it concerns me that my investments are not only short of keeping me relevant, but subject to change without refund at any moment according to @CG_TopHat

Respectfully,
    A farmer looking for a new hope
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    "Based on" and "Equal to" are not the same. :)

Equal to 1% of health is also "based on" and would also become a point of contention. See what I did there, I marginalized your opinion and acted like semantics will somehow win over public opinion.

If I continued to shovel heaps of garbage at you and break the only things you enjoy to defend the one aspect that you hate... What does that make me? Some semblance of you and CG. What it doesn't make me...is correct, in any sense.

If corporations actually were people, like they are financially, then CG would have narcissistic personality disorder.

People like you that try to defend the perpetrator are akin to enablers and accomplices after the fact... be less of a tool.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    another droid is needed...Gotofull.jpg?width=325
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Why you JUST DON'T DO THE RIGHT THING? VERY SIMPLE.
    Just rework Frievolous again. Stop this non-sense about diminishing defences and add: "everytime a Jedi is granted health back, they'll lose 25% TM. Everytime a Jedi is revived, all Jedi lose 100%TM (saviour included)". Done... a good Traya can kill GG, Revan can kill Traya, GG can kill Revan and CLS will be around.
    And GG will be finally a Jedi killer.

But hey, no. Let's grant it to Darth Revenue... the new pay to win inbounds.
  • GJO wrote: »
    Why you JUST DON'T DO THE RIGHT THING? VERY SIMPLE.
    Just rework Frievolous again. Stop this non-sense about diminishing defences and add: "everytime a Jedi is granted health back, they'll lose 25% TM. Everytime a Jedi is revived, all Jedi lose 100%TM (saviour included)". Done... a good Traya can kill GG, Revan can kill Traya, GG can kill Revan and CLS will be around.
    And GG will be finally a Jedi killer.

But hey, no. Let's grant it to Darth Revenue... the new pay to win inbounds.

Exactly... Why would they want antique characters part of the meta
  • I still don’t understand what the point of this rework was.

He’s just as useless as he was before.

Jep.
    But the point of the rework was to fool the players and get as much money out of it as possible.
    Releasing a completely unrealistic video first, setting expectations, letting players get crazy and start to invest and then to f .. t... u. That was the point.

• Misguide, bait and switch, give us false hope of a chance of shared META, make us WASTE A LOT of resources on a squad that's B-grade...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 😏

They did it again with Darth Revan ;)
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey at least grievous + t3 destroys Darth Revan. Like one shot.

dpdtq6ndjedw.jpeg

If the Darth Revan team all have 10 stacks of ferocity for example, Grievous just needs 1 aoe to crit. +400% crit damage.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »

dpdtq6ndjedw.jpeg

If the Darth Revan team all have 10 stacks of ferocity for example, Grievous just needs 1 aoe to crit. +400% crit damage.

Can confirm. GG + T3 wrecks Darth Revan. It's a shame GG can't hold on defense :/
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Speaking of grievous @CG_SBCrumb are we gonna be getting anymore seperatist droids this quarter
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »

dpdtq6ndjedw.jpeg

Can confirm. GG + T3 wrecks Darth Revan. It's a shame GG can't hold on defense :/

Yea but how does the GG team even get a turn to go against revan? Do they need BB8 on deck as well?
  • Noktarn wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »

dpdtq6ndjedw.jpeg

Yea but how does the GG team even get a turn to go against revan? Do they need BB8 on deck as well?
    Yes, BB8 lets them go first. After that, Revan murders all of the droids one by one, but Grievous gets a bonus turn and dispells all debuffs on himself every time a droid ally is defeated, which is how the team wins. Grievous keeps using his AOE and T3 gives him insane damage on it.