Paid twice for hard node refresh?

I tried to refresh a hard node for Juhani and the game froze and it went from 25 crystals to 100 but only gave me 8 attempts, it should go 25, 50 then 100. Has this happened to anyone else? Kind of annoyed I paid 75 crystals for one refresh

Replies

• Happened to me once, I figured I will just bite the bullet for the damages caused by my impatience instead of going through the hassle of trying to get a refund.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Are you sure?

You cant buy a refresh until you use up the attempts.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Yeah because I hadn’t used any energy, after using the energy it was 100 for a refresh, I think I’ve hit the button twice and its registered two transactions
  • If the client doesn't immediately reconcile the purchase, it can subtract the crystals from the account, but still have the "refresh attempts" showing on the button. Usually this happens during an intermittent connection.

You can reach out to Customer Support for SWGOH and ask them if it's possible to get a refund for an "accidental purchase." They might be able to verify the purchase and refund it if this is indeed what happened.
  • Happened to me before also, if there’s some lag you can do a double refresh
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    If the client doesn't immediately reconcile the purchase, it can subtract the crystals from the account, but still have the "refresh attempts" showing on the button. Usually this happens during an intermittent connection.

You can reach out to Customer Support for SWGOH and ask them if it's possible to get a refund for an "accidental purchase." They might be able to verify the purchase and refund it if this is indeed what happened.

Thanks, seems a bit petty to ask for a small refund lol but think it should be raised so it can be fixed. How do you contact swgoh customer services
  • This happened with me too, but I bought a lot o refreshes when I wars trying to buy the first one, I loose about 3.3k crystals and receive only 8 attempts. I reported this but customer service told me they could not do anything because I am a f2p player and didn't buy those crystals.
    This is the print for the next refresh available to buy:
    36654oz08v4w.jpg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Yes @Kyno, I’ve experienced this once before. After purchasing the refresh the button didn’t update. I didn’t consider the 50 crystals worth reporting at the time, chalked it up to impatience waiting for the button to update, but it’s definitely possible for it to happen.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Kyno...I have lost over 1000 + crystals doing this...... I do not complain about it because after the first time I realized what was happening and EVERYTIME i do it I just chalk it up to be being an ****....

But yes..this is a real thing... all kidding aside for ONCE...
  • Kinda think I had this happen recently as well. I just figured I wasn't paying attention but I felt it was fishy.
  • Yes ive had it happen a ton of times myself. At least 500 crystals lost due to it because when you refresh and do 8 then do it again immediately it seems sometimes the server doesnt keep up and you pay to rrfresh twice in row even though you refreshed it once.
  • Smidday wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    If the client doesn't immediately reconcile the purchase, it can subtract the crystals from the account, but still have the "refresh attempts" showing on the button. Usually this happens during an intermittent connection.

Thanks, seems a bit petty to ask for a small refund lol but think it should be raised so it can be fixed. How do you contact swgoh customer services

@Smidday Try here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/

Provide them with information about what node you were attempting, when it happened, what your crystal balances were before and after (and how many you lost). In some cases they can verify this and are willing to refund the lost crystals.

Different players have reported varying success. I know it happened to me once and I lost about 200c - and they were kind enough to refund me 200c. Other players on this thread have said they were not refunded. I offer no guarantees that it will be successful, but if you don't ask them for a refund, you have a 0% chance of a refund. :)
  • I've had this happen, but double-check that you are really losing those crystals by reloading the game.

In my case, my phone deducted the crystals twice but the game servers knew what was really happening. After I killed and restarted the app, it fetched my current crystal balance from the servers and the balance was as it should be - only one refresh worth had actually been deducted.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's get this over on Answers HQ
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>