Re, Re-Work Seperatists

Basically everything seems to be able to beat the separatists. Revan, Treya, CLS, JTR... harsh language, a gentle breeze etc.

If you’ve spent so much time reworking it, why does it have no purpose in the game? They die too fast for raids and gets stomped in PVP.

@CG_SBCrumb

Thank you for clarifying the dev teams view on the rework and on explaining the difference between the launch promo video and the in game experience people are having.

However, whilst what you showed on the promotional video may not have been factually incorrect, it was misleading.

Grevious was promoted as a Jedi killer and a potential Revan counter. This simply isn’t true. Many bought packs and invested gear based on this premise.

We as a player base love Star Wars and love the game but this has severely damaged my trust in your company and the franchise.

I’m disappointed and I feel you owe the community either an apology and refund or to make separatists deliver on what you promised promotionally (Revan Counter).

I would prefer the latter so I can gear them up and start finally using them!

Replies

• Options
    Personally I believe only 3 things need to change for the separatist droids to work.

First, change the way the debuff dispel works for general grievous and B1 battle droid. Magnaguard already has quite the consistent dispels for his team. So I don't get why these 2 have the exact same way of dispelling debuffs in their kit. It makes little sense to me and ends up adding very little. While I still think they need a way to dispel debuffs on themselves, It should be handled differently. I think they should be changed into something like: "Reduce the duration of all debufs by 1 turn". This will also help against undispellable debuffs, seeing as they are not actually dispelling them. On the other hand, debuffs with longer duration still have a chance to stick around for a short duration, allowing a small window of opportunity to use them, and the actual dispelling is left to magnaguard, increasing their synergy.

Second, I get that B1 needs to be fragile...But this is way to fragile. They lose stacks way to easily and can barely get them back. If you factor in the damage from grievous's unique as well they will basically never be able to regain any lost stacks. Even when the other team ignores them. The amount of stacks they lose when damaged needs to be lowered, drastically. From 8 to either 5 or 4.

Third and last, Magnaguard. His bonus turn is pretty clever, but can be countered way to easily. Foresight on the other team or bad timing with his cooldowns will instantly make the bonus offence useless. On top of that his zeta is kinda weak. Thou in this case I believe both problems can be solved simultaneously. Add to his zeta that the ability's cooldown also gets reset when he falls below 1% health and that the attack itself can't be evaded. Seeing as it is a single target dispel, I believe Foresight shouldn't be nullifying it anyway. Not to mention the zeta will be much more valuable. On par with the others.

So to sum it up:
    1: On the unique's of Grievous and B1, chance the self cleanse to "reduce the duration of all debuffs by 1".
    2: On B1's unique Droid Battalion, reduce the amount of lost stacks on damage from 8 to either 4 or 5.
    3: On Magnaguard's zeta, add cooldown reset when reduced below 1% Health and the attack can't be Evaded.

After this I believe everything else about their kits will fall into place. They will still be beatable, but it will be a lot more difficult, especially by Revan.
    But we will see.
  • Options
    Basically everything seems to be able to beat the separatists. Revan, Treya, CLS, JTR... harsh language, a gentle breeze etc.

If you’ve spent so much time reworking it, why does it have no purpose in the game? They die too fast for raids and gets stomped in PVP.

@CG_SBCrumb

Thank you for clarifying the dev teams view on the rework and on explaining the difference between the launch promo video and the in game experience people are having.

However, whilst what you showed on the promotional video may not have been factually incorrect, it was misleading.

Grevious was promoted as a Jedi killer and a potential Revan counter. This simply isn’t true. Many bought packs and invested gear based on this premise.

We as a player base love Star Wars and love the game but this has severely damaged my trust in your company and the franchise.

I’m disappointed and I feel you owe the community either an apology and refund or to make separatists deliver on what you promised promotionally (Revan Counter).

I would prefer the latter so I can gear them up and start finally using them!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196318/disheartened-by-the-grievous-rework-never-fear-bb8-makes-the-team-amazing#latest