Cyborg Maul Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited February 2019
fbj4pwv356wp.png

Cyborg Maul
Dark Side, Attacker, Sith, Scoundrel

Revengeful Slash Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy, inflict critical damage down for 2 turns, and deal bonus damage equal to 10% of their max health. If Maul is debuffed, he and Savage Opress (if present) gain stealth for 1 turn and potency up for 2 turns.

Kick Special 1: Deal physical damage to target enemy, and recover health equal to the damage dealt. Call Savage Opress to assist if he's present. This attack deals 10% more damage for each debuff Maul is suffering. (Cooldown 3)

I Serve No One Special 2: Maul gains 10% offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter, offense up for 2 turns, and 20% turn meter for each active enemy. His next attack will dispel all buffs from the target, and can’t be countered or evaded. (Cooldown 2)

Aggression Unique: Maul has 0% tenacity and can’t gain tenacity up. He is immune to offensive debuffs. While Maul is debuffed, he gains 100% offense. While Maul is stealthed, he has +100 speed. If Savage Opress is present, he shares these bonuses.

(Offensive debuffs include: offense down, critical chance down, critical damage down, and speed down)
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Hexen_Jagar
    649 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    "Kick" should call Savage to assist, similar to when they tag teamed Kenobi.
    "I Serve No One" should give an immediate bonus action or just have the bonus the same turn, be a better version of Anakin's unique.
    He needs immunity to stun and/or TM reduction, or he will never take turn, there is just too much TM reducers and stunners where he would fit into any meta team.
    That being said, him under old Maul zeta lead would be a nasty opener.
  • Options
    "Kick" should call Savage to assist, similar to when they tag teamed Kenobi.
    Sure.
    "I Serve No One" should give an immediate bonus action or just have the bonus the same turn, be a better version of Anakin's unique.
    It's not designed to be a bonus turn.
    He needs immunity to stun and/or TM reduction, or he will never take turn, there is just too much TM reducers and stunners where he would fit into any meta team.
    That being said, him under old Maul zeta lead would be a nasty opener.
    He's not meant to be meta, just a very offensive attacker. Even if he was, I see no reason to make him immune to stun or TMR considering only the only arena worthy character immune to stun is Revan.
  • Options
    I read it as a set up for a bonus turn that would be nice to have right away. Like Magnaguards new special. Stuns and dispels in one go. Though it would be a nice surprise cause I would forget about it.
    I just assume most kit ideas are meant to be meta, that's on me haha.
    He's at the disadvantage of not having tenacity where other toons can have tenacity sets or high base tenacity to make up for not being immune. He will always be at the mercy of EP ( I guess that fits thematically so maybe he shouldn't..) or Jyn who could just stun lock him to death.
  • Options
    He's at the disadvantage of not having tenacity where other toons can have tenacity sets or high base tenacity to make up for not being immune. He will always be at the mercy of EP ( I guess that fits thematically so maybe he shouldn't..) or Jyn who could just stun lock him to death.

Well, there’s always a 15% chance to resist a debuff.
  • Options

Well, there’s always a 15% chance to resist a debuff.

Yes there is always that lol
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sick kit idea!!! Not extremely OP and representative of one of my favorite story archs. We could use a new maul, he’s got more of a story than just episode 1.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Only thing is he should have his Sith tag like Savage does.

He’s no longer a Sith Lord after Episode 1.
  • Options
    Nice idea. Not really powerful but still nice. do have some feedback for it thou.

First his basic. Raid bosses take reduced damage from percentage health damage effects by default. So the doesn't work against raid bosses effect makes no sense. You can remove that.

Second, Why does he have synergy with Savage if he isn't a sith. Especially since savage's unique has sith specific synergy. I thought he still was a sith while training savage. Wasn't that why sidious coincided him a rival?

Third (following on previous point), savage can dispel debuffs from sith allies and gain them himself. Since this happens at the end of his turn it is actually unlikely for savage to be debuffed during his turn. Same for this maul, he most likely will have his debuffs removed by savage. Thou this also means that they are most likely debuffed during each others turns. I suggest having bonuses for debuffs on other allies, as supposed for on themselves.

Fourth, his second special I serve no one doesn't syngergise with his basic. If he gains offence up and then loses it during this move it will never be used. And he has no way of gaining it outside of his turn. This is a shame. Not sure how to fix this by itself but maybe you can actually rework savage. Especially his leadership. Make it so he gives counter chance or some other way of attacking out of turn for these 2. Thou maybe an unique is better. Or a completely different idea. Surprise me.

Finally, 0% tenacity is absolutely crippling. I et what you are trying to do but debuffs are still debuffs. These bonuses do not make up for the loss by a long shot. In fact offence down completely negates them. (offence down = -50% aka *0.5 and +100 = *2, 0.5*2=1 effect lost) Not to mention any turn meter reduction will completely destroy him. And don't bring me the basic 15% resist chance, high potency would mean nothing if it didn't influence things even at this level. I do not believe that he will be resisting these effects 15% of the time, it will be far less. Turn meter reduction immunity is an absolute minimum even if he is not to be meta. Not to mention turn meter reduction isn't a debuff so he'll gain no benefits from it either way.

Overall a pretty neat idea. Always looking forward to a rework/kit idea from you.
  • Options

"As part of Maul's plans, Opress became a Sith Lord, but he was forced to become the apprentice - submitting to his brother, the Master - in accordance with the Rule of Two." (Wookieepedia) This was after Savage left Dooku and saved Maul.

Wookieepedia also says that he’s a former Sith Lord.

“Mother Talzin knew that Maul had survived. During the Clone Wars, she told his brother, Savage Opress, that the former Sith Lord could be found in the Outer Rim.”
  • Options

"As part of Maul's plans, Opress became a Sith Lord, but he was forced to become the apprentice - submitting to his brother, the Master - in accordance with the Rule of Two." (Wookieepedia) This was after Savage left Dooku and saved Maul.

“Mother Talzin knew that Maul had survived. During the Clone Wars, she told his brother, Savage Opress, that the former Sith Lord could be found in the Outer Rim.”

Well this just confirms that he became a Sith Lord alongside his brother once again. You know: "once a Sith, always a Sith".

Vader went back to the light, so that’s not true.
  • Options
    Seeing as he ran the death watch for a bit along with taking savage as his apprentice (after ep1 he declared himself to be the true sith and took savage on hence why he has the tag) I fell he could use a leader, more so than the one we already have
  • Options

Well this just confirms that he became a Sith Lord alongside his brother once again. You know: "once a Sith, always a Sith".

Yeah but Maul didn't get back to the Light Side, he just became his own Sith Master with Savage as his Sith Apprentice! There is a difference.

The way I see it, Palpatine and Dooku are the real Sith Lords, and Maul and Savage are more like wannabe Sith Lords. Two problems I see with them that I can think of off the top of my head are that they care about each other and don’t refer to themselves by the title ‘Darth’.
  • Options
    @Ichiraikou I made the offense up on basic last 2 turns, and I had an idea: immunity to offensive debuffs. Let me know what you think or if there are others debuffs that would lower his damage. Also, I’m already working on a Savage rework which will have synergy with this guy.
  • Options
    @Ichiraikou I made the offense up on basic last 2 turns, and I had an idea: immunity to offensive debuffs. Let me know what you think or if there are others debuffs that would lower his damage. Also, I’m already working on a Savage rework which will have synergy with this guy.

Nice. Is not a bad idea. I like it.
    Looking forward to the rework idea
  • Options

Yeah but Maul didn't get back to the Light Side, he just became his own Sith Master with Savage as his Sith Apprentice! There is a difference.

The way I see it, Palpatine and Dooku are the real Sith Lords, and Maul and Savage are more like wannabe Sith Lords. Two problems I see with them that I can think of off the top of my head are that they care about each other and don’t refer to themselves by the title ‘Darth’.

Maul went by his Darth title until Savage's death. He made Savage his apprentice and their arc was starting their own Sith Order off the backs of slaves and criminal organizations. So that's why they are both Sith. After Savage died is when Maul quit being a Sith
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »

Then why Savage is Sith? -_-

Because he trained and was associated with Dooku for some time, which is the same reason why I think Asajj should get the Sith tag.
  • Options
    Nice. I think together with your Savage rework these 2 will make a nasty duo.