Jango sucks and so do BH

Ever since he was released he has been garbage. His aoe does nothing and other than that he just does good damage and is a little more survivable than your average.

Leader ability is pretty much useless as they all are.

Bounty hunters in general have no real synergy they are just a ragtag bunch of average units and he slots into that. He performs no role other than strong hits. He barely makes the best five, and it is not a hard team to break into.

BH have no area where they really excel and the lack of synergy means they’re not even fun to play. If it wasn’t for bossk lead they would be even more humbly poor

Replies

• Necessary evil. Without them you wouldnt get OT Chewie. Without OT chewie you have no otfalcon, or the second closest revan counter.
  • Not true at all! BHs is a good faction and Jango is good under a zBossk lead...
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Not true at all! BHs is a good faction and Jango is good under a zBossk lead...

Any faction that works together with synergy will tear zbossk apart. They don’t work together and aren’t good enough alone.
  • zBossk is a decent team.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Let me guess yours are all 5* g10.
    Without showing your characters and gear level and mods we can only guess what you are complaining about
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Any faction that works together with synergy will tear zbossk apart. They don’t work together and aren’t good enough alone.

If this has been your experience than either the teams you face or the teams you have made were not done right.

BH are a solid team and hold up against many other old metas.
  • Bounty Hunters are great, I have no idea what you are talking about. My non maxed BH squad (only 2 g12 and 1 zeta) can easily get 4/4 on every TB combat mission, and they are one of the better defensive teams for GA. Plus they are really fun to play, imo.
  • They are the swiss army knives of factions and are excellent. In fact if you had zero other characters in the game and just them you could litererally do everything in the game (that doesnt require a lightside toon). Are they the best at everything? No - but they can do literally everything pretty well. I believe it is extremely wise to invest in all 10 to at least g10.
  • What the actual **** are you actually talking about??? Jango is not terrible and neither are any of the other BHs. Sometimes damage is what you need, which Jango, Embo and Cad are built for. Supporting roles is where Dengar comes in. Bossk is one of the better tanks of the game, with a top 3 ship. They do great in the raids and can put up a very tough fight in TW/GA.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I have Bossk 88 Greedo Cad and Boba. I just finished the 1st 2 rebel roundup for the 1st time today.

My Bossk is 5* and zeta.

I really really like the team. I auto'd those to the end. Also, I am going to zeta Greedo's threaten and 88's adaptive algorithm. With that my team can have 3 stunners, and if I make sure the order goes Greedo, Bossk, 88. Boba , Cad then they will be opening with 2x crit on each.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    BH are really fun and Jango is awesome. First of sll, what's wrong with high damage? Second of all, revive immunity on kills during his turn. His AoE lays down burning is what it does. Also, if he is lead, that prevents bonus tm.
  • Jango is one of the most underrated characters in the game. His status as a Marquee character has made him overlooked. He can be a Traya killer.
  • If you think bounty hunters are a "bad faction" there is only one prescription:

Rh47Ca2.jpg

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• How a BH can kill Trays is still a bit mind-blowing.
  • Ever since he was released he has been garbage. His aoe does nothing and other than that he just does good damage and is a little more survivable than your average.

Bounty hunters in general have no real synergy they are just a ragtag bunch of average units and he slots into that. He performs no role other than strong hits. He barely makes the best five, and it is not a hard team to break into.

BH have no area where they really excel and the lack of synergy means they’re not even fun to play. If it wasn’t for bossk lead they would be even more humbly poor
    Not sure if trolling or just noobage.
  • I absolutely love using bounty hunters. Zbossk is a great Tw/ga defense team. Mine will take me all the way in dstb as well. Try fighting them with a non meta team and see if they're garbage then
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

If this has been your experience than either the teams you face or the teams you have made were not done right.

Bossk team is dead the time a speedy char puts tenacity down on him before he can act. After that, ability block or stun. Keep him without doing the special and you can kill the rest with ease.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ever since he was released he has been garbage. His aoe does nothing and other than that he just does good damage and is a little more survivable than your average.

Ha ha ha ha ha I laughed when I read this. Okay, first of all, I don’t know where you’re fighting them. If in arena, don’t be surprised they’re so bad. BH never did well in arena. But TW and GA is where they shine, especially under Bossk zeta lead. I’ve lost way more battles against Bossk than won.
    And you’re right, Bossk literally makes or breaks the BH. But you’re wrong in saying that they have no synergy. They have great synergy with their contracts, thermal detonators, good numbers in the sith raid, used a lot in TB, have some of the best ships in the game, could I go on? Like someone else mentioned they’re used for the Chewbacca event to unlock him and their ships are used for getting the Millenuim Falcon, one of the best if not the best ship in the game right now.
    Buddy, next time pick tuskens or Jawas to complain about, not BH.
    Post edited by Tbirds01 on
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »

Ha ha ha ha ha I laughed when I read this. Okay, first of all, I don’t know where you’re fighting them. If in arena, don’t be surprised they’re so bad. BH never did well in arena. But TW and GA is where they shine, especially under Bossk zeta lead. I’ve lost way more battles against Bossk then won.
    And you’re right, Bossk literally makes or breaks the BH. But you’re wrong in that they have great synergy with their contracts, thermal detonators, good numbers in the sith raid, used a lot in TB, have some of the best ships in the game, could I go on? Like someone else mentioned they’re used for the Chewbacca event to unlock him and their ships are used for getting the ****, one of the best if not the best ship in the game right now.

^^ Couldn’t have said it better

I absolutely love BH. Incredibly fun to use, and I would imagine that they are a good way to go early game with all of their uses (TW/GA, TB, REALLY good ships minus IG’s which is decent, AND a legendary character).
  • BH ftw
  • Maybe it's just because both factions have a little bad and a little good in them, but for some reason BH and Scoundrels are my two favorite factions. Both can do a lot of things really well. Between the Solo toons and Mission and Z scoundrels are solid everywhere too.

Also Jango lead is very strong, OP really does not know or play with the faction properly

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Juzz wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Bossk team is dead the time a speedy char puts tenacity down on him before he can act. After that, ability block or stun. Keep him without doing the special and you can kill the rest with ease.

And how many teams can do that?

No one is saying they cant be beat, just that they are far from bad and really far from not going toe to toe with many teams used both past and present.

Also Jango lead is very strong, OP really does not know or play with the faction properly

Jango lead actually had arena viability for like a week but then revan came out. Bounty hunters were actually able to beat traya lead

And Boba's lead works great with Zam, Greedo and Dengar. Lots of TM gain from detonators. Someone on my arena shard runs this team in arena with Chewie. He made the top 10 before Revan and is still in the top 50 (although that might change due to the recent influx of Yodas).
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Jango is a revan killer, I use him everyday in arena as I absolutely hate mirror matches. I run jango lead with boba, han solo, chewie , and thrawn and modded for speed and damage. Han stuns GMY then jango goes next and triggers saviour, boba then one shots gmy for the real death then depending on how fast revan is either thrawn fractures jolee or else revan direct focuses one of my team. As long as chewie isn't initially targeted its game over and I usually win with all 5 still standing. Drops like a rock on defense so I have to put my own revan team in overnight but it will get u a win in under 2 mins and a hell of a lot more fun than mirror matches. So yeah jango is far from terrible and dont even get me started on how good he is against traya and NS
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Lagandary wrote: »
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

Ha ha ha ha ha I laughed when I read this. Okay, first of all, I don’t know where you’re fighting them. If in arena, don’t be surprised they’re so bad. BH never did well in arena. But TW and GA is where they shine, especially under Bossk zeta lead. I’ve lost way more battles against Bossk then won.
    And you’re right, Bossk literally makes or breaks the BH. But you’re wrong in that they have great synergy with their contracts, thermal detonators, good numbers in the sith raid, used a lot in TB, have some of the best ships in the game, could I go on? Like someone else mentioned they’re used for the Chewbacca event to unlock him and their ships are used for getting the ****, one of the best if not the best ship in the game right now.

^^ Couldn’t have said it better

I absolutely love BH. Incredibly fun to use, and I would imagine that they are a good way to go early game with all of their uses (TW/GA, TB, REALLY good ships minus IG’s which is decent, AND a legendary character).

^ This. Plus, Bossk's leader ability is the single most useful zeta investment. Other teams need a bunch of zetas to really shine, but a bounty hunter team only needs one that also happens to improve the single best tank in fleet (which can help unlock the most OP ship to date).