Attack order against the 99% of arena Revan squad

I know there's many people that say "There are many teams that can beat Revan." Which I am sure is true to a point, but I have found that my fully 6 dot, G12 CLS team can only win MAYBE 45-50 percent of the time, but it is more like 25 percent. My CLS team is almost 119k squad power and I constantly have trouble with the annoyance of Revan squads. Does anyone have a suggested kill order? I can usually burn Hero with my first Han attack but then can't really figure out the rest. I've tried killing Jolee first, Revan and Yoda. My most success has been Yoda or Revan then try to quickly kill Jolee after before he revives the others. Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    General plan

- Yoda or revan to burn savior
    - attack yoda and hopefully kill or get him low enough to burn jolee revive
    - kill jolee
    - then revan or Yoda
    - then the other
    - after that its cleanup.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    General plan

- kill jolee
    - then revan or Yoda
    - then the other

Great plan! ......now how do we kill revan squads?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Just kidding around on the above post but yes that is the exact order I use
  • Okay cool, so it seems like I am doing the right thing, just struggling while doing it.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I've seen a lot of people get Jolee and GMY both down low, then killing GMY and Jolee in quick succession (GMY to trigger savior so Jolee's death sticks) then gmy/revan with bast/GK last.

Seems like it would cut a lot of hassle out of the proposed kill order above.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Assuming you have CLS's lead zeta'd, and posses C-3PO (your team here is CLS/Han/Chewie/3PO/Thrawn):

1. Hit Jolee with Han's shoot first (you should get 15% TM from three resisted exposes, this should get your CLS to go before comparably fast Revans)
    2. Use Call To Action while targeting GK (Chewie assists, inflicting tenacity down)
    3. Use Use the Force on Revan, removing his TM
    4. Use 3PO's OMG on GK, calling Han to assist (remove TM, inflict confusion)
    5. Pulverize with Chewbacca
    6. Fracture Yoda
    7. Kill Yoda, kill Jolee, kill Revan, kill GMY again, kill GK, kill Bastila.

There are, of course, variations on this that work just as well, but this is what I use. CLS should be as fast as possible, followed by Thrawn (mine are 307 and 298). Turn order can get a little wonky if you're not careful - don't have Chewie be too fast, if he goes before 3PO, you're basically done.

I also find that you may have to improvise - if you can't kill Jolee quickly enough, it may be easier to let him revive someone once, then just try to kill the whole team before coming back to Jolee, and hope he doesn't manage another revive.
  • Assuming you have CLS's lead zeta'd, and posses C-3PO (your team here is CLS/Han/Chewie/3PO/Thrawn):

1. Hit Jolee with Han's shoot first (you should get 15% TM from three resisted exposes, this should get your CLS to go before comparably fast Revans)
    2. Use Call To Action while targeting GK (Chewie assists, inflicting tenacity down)
    6. Fracture Yoda

There are, of course, variations on this that work just as well, but this is what I use. CLS should be as fast as possible, followed by Thrawn (mine are 307 and 298). Turn order can get a little wonky if you're not careful - don't have Chewie be too fast, if he goes before 3PO, you're basically done.

I also find that you may have to improvise - if you can't kill Jolee quickly enough, it may be easier to let him revive someone once, then just try to kill the whole team before coming back to Jolee, and hope he doesn't manage another revive.

I don't actually see people use Thrawn with CLS in my shard, they all use R2 or Old Ben.

Interesting.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Assuming you have CLS's lead zeta'd, and posses C-3PO (your team here is CLS/Han/Chewie/3PO/Thrawn):

6. Fracture Yoda

I don't actually see people use Thrawn with CLS in my shard, they all use R2 or Old Ben.

Interesting.

I like it because Savior doesn't cleanse Fracture, so GMY doesn't immediately go after you kill him and screw you over. Removing the biggest damage dealer from the team for a time is also very helpful. But you're right, it's not common.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    So far since doing this order, I've had 100% success rate:

First, make sure your CLS is fast enough to outspeed opposing Revan after Jolee resists the exposes from your First triple shot with Han/Chewie.

Leave CLS in defense mode and use middle special on Kenobi. Leave CLS out of stealth with R2.

If buff immunity landed on Kenobi, burn savior on Yoda, otherwise you will have to just go through Kenobi. Remember to use Han basic until Marked is applied so he doesn't go out of stealth.

Try to keep Kenobi stunned with R2 basic or Chewie special. I know they have a lot of cleanse, but anything to keep him from doing mass assist helps.

Kill Jolee next, keeping buff immunity or confuse on Kenobi. CLS can use second special to heal and call an extra assist from Chewie.

Then kill Kenobi or Revan as seems to make the most sense. Then the other of those two. If R2 gets a second smokescreen, he can leave himself out of stealth.

Then finish off Bastila and Yoda. Most the time, I don't bother with Yoda until last as he will just steal stealth from 3PO. But if his tm is down or he's confused and doesn't get stealth, you can kill him first.
  • I had the same problem. Even using Thrawn I still couldn’t win reliably. And with the top 10 teams being 320+ Revans I had no chance.

Solution: I switched to Revan and now take #1 daily.
  • PaumeGadet
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    My solution has been EP, Vader, Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn.
    It's about 80% effective (not surprisingly, the exact chance that Vader can inflict AB).
    As long as your Vader is around 240 speed, he should go first because of his unique.
    Use his basic on Revan first to inflict AB. If it gets resisted, you're probably done, cause Nihilus will get marked and the whole strategy is shot to ****.
    If AB lands, fracture GMY. Kill GMY. He will still be fractured after Savior.
    Work on GMY again but be sure to always use Vader's basic on Revan to prevent marked, use Thrawn's basic to stun if you have AB on Revan.
    By the time GMY is nearly dead a second time, you should have Revan in the yellow (or at least close) and Nihilus should have an Annihilate ready, user it on Jolee.
    Kill GMY
    Kill Revan
    Then clean up GK and Bastila
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • I run Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus and Dooku. All save dooku have speed mods. You set someone to low enough health that with palp and DoT it'll burn savior. Fracture revan, ability block and/or stun Jolee. Then kill Yoda if present. Keep Jolee and Bastila down using dooku. Nihilus will keep them from using buffs and abilities. Eventually use him to kill the highest health enemy. Thrawns second fracture goes to Jolee, while dooku keeps [insert Jedi here] out.
    The last guy you kill is Jolee, but he hasn't used an ability the entire time.
    It's actually really simple, but you need a fast squad.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    General plan

- kill jolee
    - then revan or Yoda
    - then the other

Great plan! ......now how do we kill revan squads?
    I say we take off and nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. ;)
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If you have RJT as well as a Nest and can mod her for extreme tenacity (~150%), then RJT will walk through any Revan squad. Just leave Nest out of stealth, then just let all the expose eat your way through GK and the rest.

Example video of one battle with slightly worse-than-average RNG:
    https://youtu.be/8qgFZlSDTqk

(I don't know mods on the Revan team, but it's a battle for top 5 on a Dec 2015 shard, most Revan are 315+ speed)

Oddly enough, the only times I lose against are ones with a Revan who is slow enough to let Rey come out of stealth before Nest gets marked.
  • A lot of the problem is the Revan squad starts with tenacity up, so that makes things hard to stick. Chewie helps in that regard with buff cleanse, but I always find balancing speeds and turn order to be a headache. If you use Old Ben, you definitely need Chewie to go before him to remove the tenacity up so Old Ben can ability block. I find R2 to be solid on the team if he can land stuns.

Overall, you really want to burn that savior on the opening salvo. If you could manage that, and at least stun Jolee and remove TM from him, I would opt for killing Yoda and trying to keep Jolee from hitting the revive. I think Yoda can be the biggest pain on the Revan team just from his TM gain and the fact he will usually end up stealing stealth from C-3PO and thus not be available as a target. If Yoda is stealthed, I would try to take out Revan if you can ability block Jolee or remove TM from him. Jolee is a bit tough to wear down and his counters can cause problems. Of course, you always have to worry about GK taunting, so if you can take him out and force Jolee to burn the revive on him and then manage to focus on Yoda or Revan, all the better.

I run Revan myself, but I have been hovering the 60's for the past few weeks. Almost have him to G12, so I hope that improves things a bit. I fight mostly other Revan teams. If a team doesn't have Jolee, they are my target.
  • PaumeGadet wrote: »
    It's about 80% effective (not surprisingly, the exact chance that Vader can inflict AB).
    As long as your Vader is around 240 speed, he should go first because of his unique.
    Use his basic on Revan first to inflict AB. If it gets resisted, you're probably done, cause Nihilus will get marked and the whole strategy is shot to ****.
    Work on GMY again but be sure to always use Vader's basic on Revan to prevent marked, use Thrawn's basic to stun if you have AB on Revan.
    By the time GMY is nearly dead a second time, you should have Revan in the yellow (or at least close) and Nihilus should have an Annihilate ready, user it on Jolee.
    Kill GMY
    Kill Revan

Revan is immune to ability block, so this wouldn't work very well against maxed out Revans.
  • PaumeGadet wrote: »
    Kill GMY
    Kill Revan
    Drageero wrote: »
    Revan is immune to ability block, so this wouldn't work very well against maxed out Revans.

Yeah that zeta is going to drop the effectiveness of this strategy down to zero.
    I've seen a lot of people get Jolee and GMY both down low, then killing GMY and Jolee in quick succession (GMY to trigger savior so Jolee's death sticks) then gmy/revan with bast/GK last.

That sounds good in theory, but in practice I feel like you'd spend so long setting it up due to the constant protection regen from assists and the heal every time Revan uses his AOE that you'd risk getting into time-out territory.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• theatomicpun
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I have had a lot of success with JTR, BB8, R2, C3P0, and slow high tenacity Nest. BB8 and R2 have to be able to go before Revan.

Force focus on Nest with R2 smokescreen.

Trigger savior with GK while he has healing immunity so he takes his bonus turn with 1 hp.

Kill Jolee (and sometimes GK again if Jolee gets his revive off). Then everyone else.

As long as nest survives to Jolee's death it's an easy win. I'd say at least 90% success rate.
  • GMY to trigger savior, GMY, Jolee revives, GMY and then GK. Sometimes you can kill Jolee before another revive. If not then GMY -> GK -> Jolee. This is the fastest way I’ve seen and in some cases can win in 90 seconds.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

That sounds good in theory, but in practice I feel like you'd spend so long setting it up due to the constant protection regen from assists and the heal every time Revan uses his AOE that you'd risk getting into time-out territory.

That's funny because people adopted that strategy specifically to stop timing out. Burn both the revives in quick succession early on so revives don't cause you a timeout.

Not killing Jolee moments after savior is triggered is far more likely to cause a timeout than setting up for it will. Heals are immaterial, revives are what need to be avoided at all costs.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

That's funny because people adopted that strategy specifically to stop timing out. Burn both the revives in quick succession early on so revives don't cause you a timeout.

Not killing Jolee moments after savior is triggered is far more likely to cause a timeout than setting up for it will. Heals are immaterial, revives are what need to be avoided at all costs.

Shows what I know, I guess. Squad arena has always been my least favorite part of the game so I don't spend too much time agonizing over it. I'm fighting revan/revan mirror matches and I've always done fine with the "trigger savior on Yoda, then switch to Jolee" method. Then again I'm only in top 50 as my mods aren't that great, so maybe that stops working at the super high end.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I use NS with Acolyte against Revan. Most of the Time Revan Goes first so one Sister is gone and revived. Than Talzin Group atack on Yoda and than Kenobi is taunting. Few basics and another Sister is gone and revived. So still full team, Asaji is doing dispell buffs from revan team and Few basics. Revan is doing aoe, Yoda kills one or two sisters. If Asaji is still standing and toghether with Acolyte, those sisters are doing a lot of moves couse of constant dying and reviving of Daka and Talzin. Asaji is stackin so much offense that her basic is anihilate for Revan Jolee or Bastilla. 60k dmg is enough to finish Revan team. Very easy team to use, fights are around 2 minutes. Sometimes 3.But when You won Few houndreds fights against any Revan composition it is very boring. Good solution for Revan but there is no fun to do the same over and over again.