3v3 literally destroys 40% of our investment

Prev1
Full disclosure: I find 3v3 stupid.

In 3v3 you usually build team from the typical meta teams at 5v5 but then the two toons that are left out are usually useless (exceptions exists such as NS, and Revan/Bastilla).

For example, I have 10 resistance toons at g12 (poor Rose) and can only use 6 of them because of synergy or lack of leader (I can’t find a leader for R2 and 3PO among my Rebels). Solo’s smugglers is the same thing: all the prepared squad at G12, but Vandor, Han and Lando are out because the team would be too slow and the three of them don’t have a leader to support them.

Please consider reducing the pace of 3v3 because it is infuriating to me that most of my teams and investment are just cut.

Replies

• hoberfinkle
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I find it refreshing. I think it's boring seeing the same FO team, NS team, Jedi Team, Empire team whatever it is in every single game mode there is.

3v3 gives us a new use of the rarely used characters. And a new perspective and ability to theorycraft. Just check out Urzatrons streams. That guys finds a use for Lobot of all toons. no other game mode allows that to happen.

If you want 5v5 literally play anything else TW Arena, TB. It's not a waste of investment it's a new fresh use of your investments

**edit spelling
  • Can’t find a team for c3po or r2d2......lol
  • I too enjoy 3v3
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    3v3 is refreshing
  • Love 3v3,it requires more planning than a regular 5v5 since it's a new game mode for everyone
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I find 3v3 stupid.

In 3v3 you usually build team from the typical meta teams at 5v5 but then the two toons that are left out are usually useless (exceptions exists such as NS, and Revan/Bastilla).

For example, I have 10 resistance toons at g12 (poor Rose) and can only use 6 of them because of synergy or lack of leader (I can’t find a leader for R2 and 3PO among my Rebels). Solo’s smugglers is the same thing: all the prepared squad at G12, but Vandor, Han and Lando are out because the team would be too slow and the three of them don’t have a leader to support them.

Please consider reducing the pace of 3v3 because it is infuriating to me that most of my teams and investment are just cut.

dont like dont play it
  • I actually prefer 3V3 to the standard 5V5.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    3v3 is amazing. Really it’s one of the few things I’m enjoying in the game right now.
  • I actually like the 3v3 GA a lot more than the 5v5 version. You need to come up with new strategies and team comps in order to compete. If you feel as if 40% of your investment is wasted that just means you don't know how to utilize your roster effectively. You can make perfectly functional teams using toons who don't have direct synergy, and there are many leader abilities in this game that aren't faction specific.
  • Love 3v3
  • I agree with OP on 3v3. It’s just a completely different game. I don’t want to remod characters to take advantage of different strategies. There is also no place to develop/practice strategies for 3v3. You get to try it out a few times a month in a competitive setting where is risky to try new things.
  • It’s interesting at least yeah. Plus I’ve always wanted to try a team with ackbar lead, Hermit Yoda, and c3po 🤔
  • 3v3 is certainly fresh, I also enjoy it. One of the hardest teams I faced was CLS led wiggs.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Well, the game isn't personally catered to specific players. A lot of people love 3 vs. 3. It rewards people who have built deeper rosters and gives people a chance to use characters that never make the cut for the 5 character teams.
  • I'm loving 3v3
  • With 50% of my GP tied up in fleet, I am at a big disadvantage in 3v3 GA yet I still enjoy the mode.

It's a refreshing tactical challenge which makes everyone sit back and re-think how they use their resources.
  • 3v3 is one of the best, most fun modes in the whole game. Maybe you should just not join GA if you don't like it.
  • Hated it at first as was too wedded to the idea of using a leader, but now love it
  • To beat that CLS I had to search through my chars for those that could stun, too bad I didn't do that like 5 teams earlier :(
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    With 50% of my GP tied up in fleet, I am at a big disadvantage in 3v3 GA yet I still enjoy the mode.

It's a refreshing tactical challenge which makes everyone sit back and re-think how they use their resources.

I think they changed that so that ships aren’t included in GA matchmaking calculations when there are no fleets. Or at least they will change it in the next QoL update.
  • Why do you need a leader ability in 3v3?
  • 3v3 lets me use Tuskens without having to add in another character
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    By that logic, any mode that doesnt use 100% of our roster is destroying a % of our investment.

I like 3v3, its different and refreshing.

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    Game mode literally not playable! There are only 5 Jawas. Are you expecting me to run some type of hybrid in order to have two teams? How about I get a clone of Jawa. They all look a like anyway. Not acceptable.
    Just wrap Wicket in an old blanket and nobody will know the difference. ;)
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    With 50% of my GP tied up in fleet, I am at a big disadvantage in 3v3 GA yet I still enjoy the mode.

I think they changed that so that ships aren’t included in GA matchmaking calculations when there are no fleets. Or at least they will change it in the next QoL update.
    It was in the roadmap but I haven't seen anywhere that they have actually implemented the change.

I'm fighting on regardless. I actually won my bracket last time in spite of the matchmaking handicap.
  • I’m pretty sure it doesn’t “literally” destroy 40% of our investment. I wouldn’t play the game if 40% of our toons were destroyed by this game mode.
  • I like the reduced squad size, but I hate that I can't use more of my roster. 3v3 should allow us to place twice as many defensive teams. Otherwise people with a deep roster are at an even greater disadvantage than usual.
  • 3v3 5v5
    GA / TW

Are so fun, they should be ran continuously.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?