Where to find good mods with high speed secondaries

I have the worst time farming mods when it comes to looking for anything with high speed secondaries. I always check in with mod shop to see what's available but almost always have either no speed shown or too low of speed at high levels (meaning very little chance for moderate speed increase upon leveling up). What is the highest speed I should be looking for and are my chances only any good if I farm from mod challenges? I rarely farm from challenges because more often than not I end up with low dot level mods or absolute garbage.

Replies

• if you're getting low dot mods from events, it means you're doing low level versions. (better to sell the 3 dot mods for more credits)

The most you can see on a level one mod is 5 speed. At levels 3, 6, 9, and 12, a mod will gain a stat. once a mod has 4 secondaries, it'll start upgrading those stats. So gold mods will start leveling up stats at level 3, but a blue mod won't start until level 9.

After that, its all luck. If a mod doesn't proc speed, stop leveling or slicing it, sell it and move on.
  • TaviRus wrote: »

The most you can see on a level one mod is 5 speed.

Maximum starting and proc value for a speed secondary is 6

6ec7tamxdfmc.jpeg

The best way to get high speed secondaries is trough slicing and/or upgrading mods that already have speed secondary showing. If you are looking to buy in mod shop, 4-6 is a great value to start. Don't waste resources in less than a 5 dot mod. 10-15 speed secondary is a good value, 15-20 is very good, 20-25 god tier and >25 beyond god
  • TaviRus wrote: »

The most you can see on a level one mod is 5 speed.

Maximum starting and proc value for a speed secondary is 6

6ec7tamxdfmc.jpeg

The best way to get high speed secondaries is trough slicing and/or upgrading mods that already have speed secondary showing. If you are looking to buy in mod shop, 4-6 is a great value to start. Don't waste resources in less than a 5 dot mod. 10-15 speed secondary is a good value, 15-20 is very good, 20-25 god tier and >25 beyond god

In all my years of playing the game I have gone through thousands upon thousands of mods, I have NEVER seen a mod with 6 starting speed. This comes to show how ridiculously hard it is to mod farm in this game
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It’s the worst value proposition in the game. The odds are against you and it’s expensive to get the numbers to have them hit. I’m close to 70 20+ and it hasn’t been cheap.

I’d follow what others said, farm and slice ones that show speed. Realize that your chance of speed rolling 3 times is ~1.5% and 4 times is ~0.4%. Then you’ve got rolls that range from 3-6. It’s a numbers game
  • Prayer, honestly. It's random.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It is cheap to up a grey with
    +5 speed
    + 30 offense/potency/cc
    + defense not %
    + health not %

If I see that mod, it is at least turning blue. Strangely enough my roll for speed to +7 to 10 has like a 50% chance rate. Should be 25%, seems higher.