Darth Revan Event

Drageero
151 posts Member
edited February 2019
With the possibility of a Darth Revan event happening soon, it's weird having two light side and two dark side characters being the likely requirements. However, I've thought of a way of utilizing them, though only for two or three tiers.

One of the tiers could require only Juhani (or maybe Juhani and Carth) and we have to face Revan. This tier could be similar to the Old Ben tier in CLS's journey where you just have to survive long enough to die.
Another tier could require Fallen Bastila alongside an allied Darth Revan fighting Jolee, Carth and Mission (possibly Zaalbar, but his fate is different depending on your choices in the game).
I'm not sure where Canderous would fit into this since I haven't played KOTOR in a while. Maybe him and HK could be part of a tier on the Star Forge?
Post edited by Drageero on

Replies

• I for one, like this idea. Hopefully they take this approach.
  • Darth Revan's event could also require the previous OR characters. Instead of having Fallen Bastila and Revan against Carth and friends, it could be Carth, Mission, Jolee, and Zaalbar against Bastila and Revan.
    The second to last tier could be Canderous, HK, T3, and Bastila with Revan on the Star Forge fighting against waves of minions, and the last battle could be those three sith apprentices.
    The final tier could be Fallen Bastila and Revan against Malak, though she didn't actually fight Malak in the game. But one of the characters has to be required somehow.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Or no one knows whTs needed till it is

Darth revan may take tuskens
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Or no one knows whTs needed till it is

Darth revan may take tuskens

Urr'orr'urr + Lobot + Rose Tico + B-28 Sith Bomber + C-3PO. Calling it now.
  • Cmon man... i dont have Lobot :/ Gonna panic farm him then :/
  • Canderous remains with you in the dark side playthrough. I usually took him with on the star forge. Carth and Juhani will likely be needed for stages on Manaan and Kashyyk, since Taris, Tatooine, and Korriban had stages in the Jedi Knight Revan event. I fully expect a stage where you fight the companions who don't remain loyal and at least one stage on the star forge.

The JKR event required specific characters, not 5 LS OR. I think the Darth Revan event will too. Putting the JKR event first with only light side characters caused a greater panic because a lot of people assumed it would be a legendary event and relaxed thinking they could get him at 5*. There's no way the second time around that people would think that, so they set it up well from a money making perspective.

I don't think its that weird to require half of the characters for one event and the other half for the second. There just aren't 5 DS companions to pull from KotOR, so it couldn't be split up 5 and 5.
  • Well, I didn't say he was coming right now. I just said he was coming soon.
    I'd rather Malak come first because that would open more possibilities for Darth Revan's event, such as having us use Malak to fight Revan in the the third or fourth tier, then Malak tortures Bastila in a cutscene or something. Then the last tier could be Malak against a more beefed up Revan, and every couple of turns, or when he falls below a certain threshold of health, Malak gets healed and some start boosts from those Jedi pods.

But I don't think CG would miss the opportunity to make more money off of a journey for Revan requiring the new OR characters.
  • Darth Revan isn't coming right now. And of he does come this early, that's not a good sign in terms of this games life span.

Why would you say that?

At this end of this year we likely get Super Saiyan Ultra Mega Jedi Rey from Episode 9. I expect her to be meta. Year after that they can probably release Return of the Jedi "I love using the force and I'm awesome at it" Luke Skywalker.

Who knows what other meta-tier characters they will release? Just because you don't know their 5-year plan, doesn't mean the game won't sustain that long. Players are already getting tired of the Jedi Revan mirror matches - and if the Arena meta doesn't get shaken up soon, some players will start to retire.

I think that if Darth Revan weren't coming soon, they wouldn't have released Carth, Juhani, Canderous, and Bastila Fallen. If Darth Revan is months from now, a large population of the players who would spend money will already have them farmed for free, and they will lose out on the possibility to monetize.
  • Darth Revan isn't coming right now. And of he does come this early, that's not a good sign in terms of this games life span.

According to previous release schedules (from characters becoming farmable to new meta character), the new dark side leader is just a week or two away
  • How do you know its going to require characters ? Maybe his shards will be in a node. And you will have to farm him.
  • Or maybe theyll give his shards only in bonus shards store, like grievous used to be before fleets
  • Or you know, it could be darth malak
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    How do you know its going to require characters ? Maybe his shards will be in a node. And you will have to farm him.
    CG likes money
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    There should only be one revan.... you have a choice light or dark you take the journey with him he goes dark and your stuck with dark revan if u like jedi better you can redo light journy when comes around again.....

Game is now swgoRevans lets go back to galaxy of heros

Revan stinks both of them we want jar jar and hondo !!!!! And maz

Dude, we have 4 more Han Solos we could get!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    we want jar jar and hondo !!!!! And maz

What would maz do?

Two movies in and shes already told us she has a great story about getting that light saber and shes having a union disput with guns and a jet backpack.... but we got no details on either...

So whats her kit?? Rocket off to a mission that sounds way better than the fight you are stuck on? Tell me about a zeta move she could do to win this match but save it for next time?
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The last toon needed for JKR, was dropped to node on 9/26/2018. The JKR event started on 10/18/2018. Leaving just about 3 weeks inbetween. 4 if you include time of event.
    Knowing this, carth dropped on 2/20/2019. So I would expect event the weekend of 3/14-3/15ish.
    HK will get a rework before.
    He was created by Darth Revan and was a contract killer. If I’m not mistaken, Juhani and carth for a very brief moment flirted with the dark side as well, so it would make sense for these 5 toons.
    Wookieepedia says they both flirted with the dark side, and we all know hot topic Bastilla had her moment as well.

As another hero’s journey, JKR will not be a toon needed to unlock DR. They have not used any journey toon for a subsequent toons requirement ever.

Happy farming.
    Get those wallets ready.
  • If you think it’s too early for him, than you’re not thinking money.
    They need to monetize the new OR toons before everyone completes them.

No need to milk it out with Malak, and then 3 new DS OR toons sprinkled through 2019
  • The last toon needed for JKR, was dropped to node on 9/26/2018. The JKR event started on 10/18/2018. Leaving just about 3 weeks inbetween. 4 if you include time of event.
    Knowing this, carth dropped on 2/20/2019. So I would expect event the weekend of 3/14-3/15ish.
    He was created by Darth Revan and was a contract killer. If I’m not mistaken, Juhani and carth for a very brief moment flirted with the dark side as well, so it would make sense for these 5 toons.
    Wookieepedia says they both flirted with the dark side, and we all know hot topic Bastilla had her moment as well.

As another hero’s journey, JKR will not be a toon needed to unlock DR. They have not used any journey toon for a subsequent toons requirement ever.

Happy farming.
    Get those wallets ready.
    If you think it’s too early for him, than you’re not thinking money.

No need to milk it out with Malak, and then 3 new DS OR toons sprinkled through 2019

The irony in your conspiracies, is that HK "will" be required for Darth Revan. Where do they make money (which is their goal in your idea) on a character that has been free to play for years. Who people have seven starred and geared up.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The last toon needed for JKR, was dropped to node on 9/26/2018. The JKR event started on 10/18/2018. Leaving just about 3 weeks inbetween. 4 if you include time of event.

Happy farming.
    Get those wallets ready.
    If you think it’s too early for him, than you’re not thinking money.

The irony in your conspiracies, is that HK "will" be required for Darth Revan. Where do they make money (which is their goal in your idea) on a character that has been free to play for years. Who people have seven starred and geared up.

Who says they have to monetize every toon?
    I’d say 4/5 is pretty solid.

Look at cls and Rey journey. Not all 5 were monetized.
    Scavenger and farm boy had been in the game forever as well.

And yes, those events were 7⭐️ Unlocks, money makers, and journeys

you really doubt that HK could be used in the journey as farming or scavenger were ? They’ve all been in the game ages.
    And again, they’ve never used a journey toon in a subsequent journey. Why start now?
    That would insinuate that Darth Revan would be massively more power than jedi Revan too...I doubt anyone seriously desires that

So no. Don’t require Jedi Revan for Darth Revan. Require HK as the throw in 5th and monetize the crap out of the other 4
  • Also don’t try to say scavenger was not geared. She absolutely was for raid before Rey’s journey.
  • Also don’t try to say scavenger was not geared. She absolutely was for raid before Rey’s journey.

That's not the point. You argued based on the great money conspiracy. That cg will release darth revan soon because they'll capitalize on spending for the old republic characters. What came before was never compared. the irony is that Hk is not monetized. Therefore no incentive to use him. simple as that.

Not to mention that the heroes journey for luke and rey need 10 characters.

That's not the point. You argued based on the great money conspiracy. That cg will release darth revan soon because they'll capitalize on spending for the old republic characters. What came before was never compared. the irony is that Hk is not monetized. Therefore no incentive to use him. simple as that.

Ha. That’s what you call a smack down.

Hey, no one said you have to farm them.
    We can sit here and speculate all day.
    And you can see what happens in a few weeks.
    HK rework. Then Revan.
    You don’t need them if you don’t want them.

But
    To say they won’t make money off of the other 4 toons, because of using a reworked HK....that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard.
    Just like they couldn’t make any money off of the GG rework right? 😂

They would still make a killing.

More than if they drag it out endlessly , slowly adding Malak and whomever else.

The only one getting the “smack down” is soon to be your arena team if you aren’t farming the new OR.

Save this comment for later
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    CG!

Please don’t try to monetize 4 toons!
    Or 3 with the droid reworks you just did !!

You need to wait to monetize 5 or more at one time!!! Only!

😂😂

I’m out....waste of time. Lol
    Enjoy the next meta drop....
    Or don’t

Some people will not have gotten hum to 7 yet as hes a crap leader and other characters in that store are far more valuable for a new player to focus on.

That said, wait for the sure to be release 50 shard pack of hk47
  • Given that we haven't seen OR in the weekly store again, we likelt have at least until next week before they announce the event. Then one week before the event starts. So probably 3 weeks to have them 7 star.