Revan complaints make me laugh

Prev1
When Revan first came out people were crying that he wasnt op enough he couldnt easily beat Traya.
Then people learned how to use him the complaints stopped.

Now again the complaints have started, this time because he is widely available.
The guys previously at the top of arena e.g cheating shard chats, can no longer easily maintain their positions and they dont like it.
Although I agree that mirror matches are tedious but at least now people who are not in chats or whales can get top 50+ if they are willing to spend the time.

Replies

• Options
    Cue people telling you why they really honestly truly have a genuine complaint, honest. It's about diversity see.
  • Options
    2ufk9i.jpg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. Shard chats doesn't cordon top 50, ofc you'll be able to get there. Where the real prizes are top 5 and nothing changed on that front, Revan or not. Real meta has always been: 1-Mods 2- Shard chats

Nothing will change.
  • Options
    People will complain about anything and everything. Having said that, this is the least diverse meta I’ve experienced in the game, it’s not fun fighting these battles and I have the best mods by far on my shard.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    People will complain about anything and everything. Having said that, this is the least diverse meta I’ve experienced in the game, it’s not fun fighting these battles and I have the best mods by far on my shard.

This. Games are supposed to be fun. Fighting the exact same team over and over again 5-10 times...then fighting the same team in GA and TW...yeah, that's not fun. Whatever.

CG has decided that a single dominant meta is their go-to MO for easy whale-milking pro-strats. So that's what we're stuck with.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I currently use a Bastila team, I'm still in the top 50, and I'm all set to get Revan the next time around. But I would still prefer a rock, paper, scissors situation with multiple S-tier teams to the dreary prospect of fighting nothing but mirror matches in the future. It might not be as profitable for CG in the short term, but I think it might help with long-term player retention. People like having a choice and developing characters with whom they can identify.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. Games are supposed to be fun. Fighting the exact same team over and over again 5-10 times...then fighting the same team in GA and TW...yeah, that's not fun. Whatever.

CG has decided that a single dominant meta is their go-to MO for easy whale-milking pro-strats. So that's what we're stuck with.

There has always been a dominant team. Your argument is that revan is now widely available.
    You basically want to have the meta team while no one else does.

The argument is that this is the least diverse meta capturing 87% of the share. That’s as unbalanced as we’ve seen. This game and arena operates best and is way more fun when you have some paper, rock and scissors options that are reliable and won’t drop 50+ spots overnight
  • Options

There has always been a dominant team. Your argument is that revan is now widely available.

Wow - that might have been the most off-base and incorrect summary of my position ever posted on these forums. And that's quite a feat in 3+ years.

First off, there has never been a team that has been as so ridiculously prevalent (82% in the top 100 - 87% of all #1 teams) - that's mind-numbingly boring. Second, I own Revan, but don't run him in arena - I actually run my CLS squad on offense, because the mirror matches are long, boring and way too RNG dependent.

My argument is that Revan is OP by design and that is exactly how CG wants it. No character has been this dominant (OP) and this prominent at the same time. Not in the 3+ years I have played has arena looked this ridiculously boring for this long. That's my argument. I still finish #1. I have finished #1 since May of 2016 whenever I want - and I have been f2p for 18+ months. It has nothing to do with wanting to have what no one else has. It's about wanting some degree of diversity and choice - right now, players have none.

CG just manipulates the meta to milk the whales. Then simply repeats the cycle of "Release OP arena meta-defining charact (or ship) -> milk whales -> repeat." It's getting old. Fast.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Only reason why you had rock, paper, scissors system in the past is because majority of player base did not have Darth Traya or previous meta defining characters.
    After the first Revan event there were lots of diversity and now after the second Revan event not so much as he was relatively easy to get (only required like G7 or G8).

So his point stands that some people want meta just for themselves while rest of us and F2P characters should be cannon fodder for whales and shard mafia.
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Only reason why you had rock, paper, scissors system in the past is because majority of player base did not have Darth Traya or previous meta defining characters.
    After the first Revan event there were lots of diversity and now after the second Revan event not so much as he was relatively easy to get (only required like G7 or G8).

So his point stands that some people want meta just for themselves while rest of us and F2P characters should be cannon fodder for whales and shard mafia.
    Agree. Watch until the same cry happens when the meta change again with the next char...

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »

That's ****. I've been here since day 1. During some of the dominant metas, other teams were also very viable so people had the element of choice. Many people played some teams merely because they like/prefer them even though it puts them at a slight disadvantage. This time that disadvantage is very large. The means of distribution has a huge effect too ofc, but that's not simply it.

And I have yet to see a shard chat consisting of mostly whales. All chats I've seen has f2p/low spenders as the majority.

Either case it's CG that ramped up the power creep (which was always present, we are talking about acceleration and not speed of it) and they are the ones at fault and none of the playerbase.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The argument is that this is the least diverse meta capturing 87% of the share. That’s as unbalanced as we’ve seen. This game and arena operates best and is way more fun when you have some paper, rock and scissors options that are reliable and won’t drop 50+ spots overnight

It's actually super balanced, since everyone has the freaking team.
    Anyway, you're just proving his point; it's only fun when not everyone has the best team. The whole rock-paper-scissors thingy has never happened. There was always a team, lets say a rock, who could easily smash paper teams. Sure, the paper team had an easier time on offense vs said rock team than the scissor team, which may not even be able to beat the rock team, but the rock team was dominant nontheless, just not as commonly used for whatever reason.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Anyway, you're just proving his point; it's only fun when not everyone has the best team. The whole rock-paper-scissors thingy has never happened. There was always a team, lets say a rock, who could easily smash paper teams. Sure, the paper team had an easier time on offense vs said rock team than the scissor team, which may not even be able to beat the rock team, but the rock team was dominant nontheless, just not as commonly used for whatever reason.

You couldn’t be further from my point. My point is arena is fun when there’s diversity. I’ve akways had the best team because I’ll pay for it. 48/50 Revan is not diversity and 80+% concentration is not fun. It would be one thing if these matches were <60 seconds like titans but 2-4 minutes of killing the same toon 3 times or constantly going around foresight is annoying and boring
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

You couldn’t be further from my point. My point is arena is fun when there’s diversity. I’ve akways had the best team because I’ll pay for it. 48/50 Revan is not diversity and 80+% concentration is not fun. It would be one thing if these matches were <60 seconds like titans but 2-4 minutes of killing the same toon 3 times or constantly going around foresight is annoying and boring

The arena isn’t fun to begin with. It’s a bank. It always is going to be necessary because of that , and it’s not fun because whatever team is the current king will flood the top and and it will boil down to speed as usual.
    Oh. And the then there is the idea of shard chats and kahooting so that you can all get the best pay outs. How is that fun ? It’s fun to have other people step aside and let you get the top spot ? Stop acting like it’s for fun and just treat it as income.
    It’s not about skill because spending money will always beat skill. So how is it fun. I’m not saying change anything.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

The arena isn’t fun to begin with. It’s a bank. It always is going to be necessary because of that , and it’s not fun because whatever team is the current king will flood the top and and it will boil down to speed as usual.
    Oh. And the then there is the idea of shard chats and kahooting so that you can all get the best pay outs. How is that fun ? It’s fun to have other people step aside and let you get the top spot ? Stop acting like it’s for fun and just treat it as income.
    It’s not about skill because spending money will always beat skill. So how is it fun. I’m not saying change anything.

Well duh. EA is a business and they’re trying to make money off of it. We’re teying to give feedback on ways to improve the game play so we continue to be clients. Unfortunately I don’t earn income off this game so my only other option is to have fun. And I don’t need shard chats. I constantly put out the toughest team in my shard.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You're proving his point once again.
    The only reason it has been diverse is because not everyone had the best team, not because there wasn't a best team. You even acknowledged you always had the best team, which implies that all other teams were inferior. May i remind you that there was (way more) diversity prior to revan's return.
    Obviously arena is more fun if it's diverse, unless that means you drop further in rank on def, that's why everyone and their uncle uses revan.
  • Options

The only reason it has been diverse is because not everyone had the best team, not because there wasn't a best team. You even acknowledged you always had the best team, which implies that all other teams were inferior. May i remind you that there was (way more) diversity prior to revan's return.
    Obviously arena is more fun if it's diverse, unless that means you drop further in rank on def, that's why everyone and their uncle uses revan.

That's true but the hiearchy in between meta teams are not always this sharp.
  • Options
    Although I agree that mirror matches are tedious but at least now people who are not in chats or whales have been asleep at the wheel and have about 1/2 as many arena victories as everyone else in the top 20 can get top 50+ if they are willing to spend the time. put crappy mods on their team and watch as their slow as molasses team does nothing but sit there and counter because there's only on dispel in this god forsaken meta...

There. I fixed it.
  • Options
    You talk like we all complained when he was released... Remember who got him first time around? Whales.

Which is why this mess need to stop now. No need for this OPness when we are all using him. There is no diversity. This is why I complain.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Also true. It's ofcourse a combination of factors which lead to the situation we're in now.
    Full disclosure, i don't really care about diversity as long as i don't drop very hard on def. ideally i want more diversity ofcourse, but not at the cost of dropping really hard. I'm the person the OP is referring to if i was complaining about this meta, because i definately want to get my hands on the new, not widely available, OP meta team.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Also true. It's ofcourse a combination of factors which lead to the situation we're in now.
    Full disclosure, i don't really care about diversity as long as i don't drop very hard on def. ideally i want more diversity ofcourse, but not at the cost of dropping really hard. I'm the person the OP is referring to if i was complaining about this meta, because i definately want to get my hands on the new, not widely available, OP meta team.

That's the main reason why GG is received so bad. It would have provided a perfect middle ground between this one and Darth Gammorean. Don't even understand how CG couldn't foresee that. Maybe that's still nested there as GG&co beats the next meta but driven to ground by everything else xD.
  • Options

Well duh. EA is a business and they’re trying to make money off of it. We’re teying to give feedback on ways to improve the game play so we continue to be clients. Unfortunately I don’t earn income off this game so my only other option is to have fun. And I don’t need shard chats. I constantly put out the toughest team in my shard.

What ? No. I mean it’s a bank for players. It’s where crystals income is from mainly. Besides. You’re proving the other guys point. You’re the reason it’s not diverse
  • Options

It implies that my mods are substantially better than everyone else in my shard. They were inferior because my team always goes first. I don’t drop out of the top 10. My point is a meta that controls 87% of the top spot isn’t balanced and I’d like to see that changed

• Options
    Who cares if the top isn’t diverse ! That’s what makes it the top. How many teams can you make ? Friggin nearly infinite number of combinations of 100 whatever characters. And only a small percentage will be the top , it’s not diverse. Something works better than the rest and that’s why it becomes the top.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares if the top isn’t diverse ! That’s what makes it the top. How many teams can you make ? Friggin nearly infinite number of combinations of 100 whatever characters. And only a small percentage will be the top , it’s not diverse. Something works better than the rest and that’s why it becomes the top.

Not true even a little bit along the history of this game. We had several intervals where the top was diverse.
  • Options
    Like when ?