So how will Darth Nextup Neuter Revan?

7AnimalMother
2053 posts Member
edited February 2019
The big question is how does the next meta lead neuter the current meta lead?

Every new lead that gets cranked out now is going to have a mighty struggle with power creep.

Certainly the new lead will gift Sith and perhaps Old Republic allies with all sorts of bonuses.

My guess for specifically neutering Revan, we will see something along the following lines:

Sith and Old Republic Allies cannot be countered. (Jolee is a pain due to healing on counters)
When an enemy uses a basic attack, they can not gain Turn Meter. (Goodbye infinite Yoda turns)

What do you guys think we will see?

One thing we know for sure: whatever the leadership is, it will have a wall of text as long as a King James Bible.

Replies

• The route nobody is expecting: he totally won’t beat Jedi Revan and we’ll be getting jiggy with 12+ straight months of the current arena while power creep takes a power nap.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Probably prevents assists and revives. That alone will kill Revan.
  • Lead: OR allies gain protection up whenever they take damage. Sith allies gain bonus offense whenever they are critically hit or debuffed. Both gain TM when they take damage during an opponent’s turn, and whenever an opponent uses an ability both gain bonus defense until the end of the next ally’s turn. Units can’t be revived.
    Unique 1: Reduces enemy crit damage against him by 80% (can’t be reduced below 100%). Reduces all healing by 25% (50% for enemies if he’s in the leader slot).
    Unique 2: whenever an ally is defeated, remove all debuffs from all other allies and they gain 50% TM. Whenever an enemy is defeated, all allies have their cooldowns refreshed (abilities that start on cooldown are instead reduced by 2).
  • I kind of want the next meta to have a weakness to DoTs so that they aren't nearly as hard to defeat as Revan was. Carth could become a decent counter, as well as Zader. The new character would still destroy pretty much everyone on offense, and it would hold the best on defense, but it would have more counters and hopefully it won't take five minutes to beat.
    I don't think it really fits into Revan or Malak's lore, though, but I'd just like a see a meta team that's weak to DoTs so I could use my Carth OR team.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    1. It won't.
    2. It will be a legendary Malak, who will "just" be a great sith with synergies with BSF.
    3. Malak will probably slot right into a Traya team to Make Traya Great Again (but still just a nose hair short of being greater than the Revan jedi meta).
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Probably prevents assists and revives. That alone will kill Revan.

I'm down.