General Grievous - Arrow Mod Recommends Crit Avoidance? IS Grievous Leader affecting the wrong team?

This is just a Theory as well as some opinions and thoughts.

First of all i would like to state that I jumped aboard the hype train as well and am a little sad for this rework but after taking a look and rereading their kits i have come to terms with them besides a few odd points. This is simply my thoughts and opinions on some points that just don't seem to click. These points may have already been discussed so i apologize if I'm stating something that has already been said. Despite what has happened I am still determined to farm the separatist droids and will still continue to do so. I am still really grateful for the developers for the rework despite some of droid quirks. I am hoping that they will take another look at the kit of everyone as a whole and maybe make some improvements.

When i was starting out HK-47 was my first 7 star character and for better or worse General Grievous was my first gear 12 character. I was looking forward towards the day Grievous would get a rework so i apologize if i play favorites
1st. - This pertains to Grievous Daunting Presence Leader and its "All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense" Usually in most if not all leader abilities on every character its usual format is to highlight the bonus to the friendly team or faction before moving on to the more complicated and detailed effects. This could have easily just been a simple choice to structure it this way or there is no real format for leaders and this is just how it lined up.

2nd.- I would like to point out that Critical hits for both B2 super battledroid and Magnaguard have a minimal effect at most for they are tanks and do not produce much in terms of damage. B1 Battledroid due to its unique can't score critical hits and with Droideka being able to do true damage does not have a need for critical hits either. Another point is with Droideka doing true damage an enemy having a lowered defense has no effect and it has been stated that B1 already has enough armor penetration that the defense reduction effects is minimal at best. The only one that benefits from either of these debuffs is Grievous but it leans towards the critical avoidance more than the defense.

izyj2dyz3356.png

3rd.- What i stated in the title is when one goes to mod Grievous and makes use of the auto installer page it supplies the Recommended Mod Sets for Crit Damage and Health which makes sense. However when one clicks on the Arrow mod slot to see whats recommended for the primary stat it recommends Crit Avoidance. I can understand that one would not want to mod Grievous for speed due to him sapping the life from his allies, but why not recommend Health as a primary stat or offense or the other options. To my knowledge Crit avoidance is a stat that not many use or mod for on any character, I'm unsure if any other character recommends Crit Avoidance for its primary stats on mods. So why recommend this unless its suppose to work with or enhance a piece of Grievous Kit. What if there was a mix up. What if Grievous and his allies either droid or Separatist were suppose to Gain +40% critical avoidance and +50% Defense. This would make sense as to why it recommends crit avoidance for this mod slot so that it may stack with his leader. There may have been a bit of miscommunication or a mix up with the values being recorded as negative and since being negative were assumed to effect the enemy team. This small change could grant Grievous and his team some much needed durability in order to survive the start of a fight while also allowing them to avoid critical hits a bit better. It was stated that as his Leader currently reads it is working fine, but i just thought what if how it reads is wrong.
4th.- There is some debate about whether or not Grievous should be able to handle Revan in the arena and this is just my opinion but i believe he should at least with a 60% - 80% win rate for a few reasons. When one looks at Revan as a whole it becomes clear that out of the three characters acquired through Journey Events Revan is by far the easiest and less demanding one to obtain. Both Commander Luke and Jedi Training Rey demand a team of the enemy faction geared and at 7 stars in order to obtain the droid needed for the Journey. Then you need the characters geared and at 7 star that are required for the Journey itself. Revan needs neither or these and simply asks for the five characters at 7 stars. Revan also assists you throughout the journey making it especially easy with Bastila lead and geared well while the others may lack in gear levels. By the end of Revans journey one would have three 7 star jedi if they were just starting out and would just about be ready to collect Grand master Yoda who is apart of the current meta Revan team. All you would need to do is start farming Ezra and Kanan to have most of the current meta quite easily. Grievous in my opinion is a harder farm if starting from level 1 when compared to Revan since they would not have access to the shard shop or fleet store and even when they gain access it takes time to acquire large amounts of currency need to purchase Grievous Shards. The only thing that made the first Revan Journey difficult was the sudden time constraints due to the characters needed for the journey just becoming free to farm. Grievous has been given a rework as well as 2 zeta abilities while Grand master Yoda and Palpatine had small reworks and tweaks that ended up making them much more useful for the meta at that point in time. Both Yoda and Palpatine are easier to obtain than Grievous when starting out as well in my opinion while Veterans would already have the currency or methods to farm currency for the shard shop and fleet store.

5th.- Even if the leader of Grievous is changed to buff his allies i still believe that he should be arena viable and if this does not correct that then i can think of one small effect that could be thrown onto his leader zeta that would create a nice rock, paper, scissors effect. It would read as follows "At the start of the encounter Grievous applies ability block for [1-2 turns] on the enemy teams Leader only. This effect cannot be resisted or evaded." This would make Grievous a bit better against Revan while having little to no effect on a Traya lead team due to her cleanse effect. The effect can still be cleansed by Jolee and would just provide a buffer for Grievous just to soften the mark Revan is able to apply.

6th.- My last note is that I feel like something needs to be tweaked about B1 and Grievous relationship with his health drain. B1 either needs 2hp represented by his health bar broken into 2 segments and he loses 1hp from 1 source of damage that way Thrawn can only remove 16 stacks instead of 32 with his 4 hits from fracture as an example. Or adjust how much he losses on death and gains with Blast them, or maybe every time he assists he gains 1 stack. I would also possibly like to see Magnaguard gain the Frenzy buff with Disruption instead of speed while Grievous gains Advantage instead and maybe have Magnaguard die and heal Grievous if Grievous falls to 1% health along with his bonus action. Having speed on Grievous just does not seem right with his rework due to his health drain and all the sources of turn meter gain.

Thank you for your time in reading this. I simply wanted to get this idea/thought out. I simply feel like Grievous needs a bit more of a payout for what goes into him and his team and that even he deserves to compete against the top.

Replies

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is really long so I’ve skipped a lot of the content to get into the heart of the discussion. I’ve used sliced CA arrows on this team and think a sliced health primary or speed arrow with good health secondaries are the best option for GG.

No matter how you slice it, these battles seem to come down to a few factors:
    1) B1 gets marked with a low chance of winning
    2) B2 gets marked and makes it tougher
    3) a high damage output GMY(6500+)makes both of those situations really tough and lowers your overall probability of winning.

Having said that, I’ve got 3 zetas on the team and could see consistency improve with the 4th or 5th zeta.
  • You might want to use crit avoidance on magnaguard and Droideka. Not on GG. Mod recommendations on there are never great for the arrows.

GG was the first leader ability that actually negatively impacted the enemy team and was a cool new thing when they did it. Based on how they reworked the rest of his crew, his leader ability is actually not very useful to anyone except GG for the reasons you stated as well as the fact that B1 has extremely high armor penetration so the defense half of the ability doesn't even help the main damage output from the team overall. I like the idea that his leader ability is all about his daunting presence into fearing the other team into performing less than they could. Great concept. They didn't do a very good job of reworking all the droids into the theme that the leadership followed. They should've changed the stats that the leadership impacts. The LS and DS effects for being hit should be reversed in my honest opinion and the leader ability should state that the enemies have -40% crit avoidance, -50% defense and buffed enemies only gain half the buff bonus or something. The team gets wiped out rather quickly for having a leader that is supposed to strike fear into the enemies and have them be afraid to attack him...
  • Poppa_Smurf
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Id say I win 50% of the time. Its like the flip of the coin.

But out of all the Separatists Droid Team, B2 going down is a punch to gut. He is the engine that makes everything possible when against Revan.

And to your testament on GMY, when he dropped after his rework, I can clearly remeber many not satisfied then, but then oh wait (Revan).

Palpitatine was the same way, his reworked Zeta was still ehh, but then Oh wait ( Sion ) dropped.

Just be patient, People complaining about the amount of Zeta’s needed for them, Pheonex requires just as much, there both Zeta’s, and there not arena viable ( although ships & GA yes ) but they still being farmed ( needed for thrawn ) and now the new ****.

Ewoks were the bottom of the pack, now with C3p0 there desired greatly.

Bossk for Chewie

Do I need to mention CG is shifting toward clone wars and Old Republic.

There will be many uses for them in game. Be happy that if you did farm them, your among the 10% of players who will have them geared and ready.

I am not disappointed with them. I love using them, even if i lose 50% of the time.

But I have won also against Revans with 324 speed with the GG Squad, which is rather difficult.

And do i need to mention PADME?