Yet another GG topic

Prev1
No_Try
4051 posts Member
I have nothing to say that hasn't been said beside this (sub par mods that got slapped on at the last min):

bgniunyc6qw3.png

Replies

• Not impressed
  • All CG have achieved is wasted development resource and an annoyed and disappointed fan base
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    While I don't think this rework meets the premise or even promise, I don't think it's a waste either. Which of these secondary team investments do you consider a waste that you can't use in meta terms?
    First Order
    Imps
    BH
    Ewoks
    Empire
    NS
    Rez
    Qi'ra scoundrels

• No_Try wrote: »
    I have nothing to say that hasn't been said beside this (sub par mods that got slapped on at the last min):

bgniunyc6qw3.png

I would honestly be impressed if GA rewards worth worth something.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

Hmmm 3 zetas, mark iv bacta salvage, mod salvage.....yeah I'll take it for a half hour of time investment
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited February 2019

bgniunyc6qw3.png

y'know, people always say "GA rewards are crap" but I think they're pretty good, tbh. What is the logic for them being so "bad?" It's always gear that's commonly needed, plus either zetas or omegas which are both always in short supply.

(Sorry this isn't really related to the OP, but it didn't seem worth making a whole other thread)
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

y'know, people always say "GA rewards are crap" but I think they're pretty good, tbh. What is the logic for them being so "bad?" It's always gear that's commonly needed, plus either zetas or omegas which are both always in short supply.

(Sorry this isn't really related to the OP, but it didn't seem worth making a whole other thread)
    For those with high GP, GA can become a slog of facing the same teams again and again, and having to deal with so many teams, while the rewards remain the same for them, which are also comparatively less to them. So some feel that the rewards are not worth the effort. I think is is a fun game mode and that the rewards are just a pleasant bonus.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

For those with high GP, GA can become a slog of facing the same teams again and again, and having to deal with so many teams, while the rewards remain the same for them, which are also comparatively less to them. So some feel that the rewards are not worth the effort. I think is is a fun game mode and that the rewards are just a pleasant bonus.

Yeah I'm not satisfied with the rewards and I have problems with matchmaking. But I enjoy this mode most amongst everything in the game. I plan everything towards maximalising my success in it.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

bgniunyc6qw3.png

That's honestly how i'd beat the team. What i'd do is send in a bunch of weak toons first, that way GG kills B1 and weakens B2. Then send in a weaker but stronger team to finish off the squad.

No need to waste anything good on a GG led team, just send in some weaklings and watch the team kill itself. or better yet, use aoe weaklings that can slightly survive to weaken b1 even faster.
  • Gorem wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

That's honestly how i'd beat the team. What i'd do is send in a bunch of weak toons first, that way GG kills B1 and weakens B2. Then send in a weaker but stronger team to finish off the squad.

No need to waste anything good on a GG led team, just send in some weaklings and watch the team kill itself. or better yet, use aoe weaklings that can slightly survive to weaken b1 even faster.

If I can make you forego of 1st match win, that's good enough for me.
  • gg82v22w5ag1.png
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • So far, GG, b1 and B2 are great on 3v3.
    Also, in TW I’ve taken GG solo against a leftover Nest. GG eventually wins.
  • B1 always starts the match with 100 stacks. If you attack him, B2 laces your team. If you attack B2, B1 reheals him. If you attack GG, B1 reheals him AND B2 laces your team.
  • B1 needs all speed. B2 needs all potency mods, and offense. GG needs health and speed.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

Why? Almost 100% of my matches no one ever clears the board and I have won every single GA match but one. Taking a territory is better then not at my gp lvl. If you give me a team I don't have to waste good toons on to win, then thank you. In every GA fight they have gone multiple hits on me, I've seen my Bast/Hoda/GK squad go 9 defences. Difference is there is that they won't ever die no matter what gets thrown at them.

Though I do realise now with some thought that B1 seems to regain back to 100 stacks each time, in which case that's rather fun. Still, the only reason its got defences is because it is new. Claiming GG is a good defender the first GA he's existed in where people don't know how to fight him yet is misleading. We already know that multiple teams of three can walk over GG in a 5man.
  • Gorem wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

Why? Almost 100% of my matches no one ever clears the board and I have won every single GA match but one. Taking a territory is better then not at my gp lvl. If you give me a team I don't have to waste good toons on to win, then thank you. In every GA fight they have gone multiple hits on me, I've seen my Bast/Hoda/GK squad go 9 defences. Difference is there is that they won't ever die no matter what gets thrown at them.

Though I do realise now with some thought that B1 seems to regain back to 100 stacks each time, in which case that's rather fun. Still, the only reason its got defences is because it is new. Claiming GG is a good defender the first GA he's existed in where people don't know how to fight him yet is misleading. We already know that multiple teams of three can walk over GG in a 5man.

I don't remember I claimed anything. This is 3*3 so not fully representative of a normal match (even though CG artibrarily decided it's fine to do %50 of the GAs this way). Neither is my team built or modded good, I just slapped on random ones.

At my GP though every match is either a full board clear or something close to that where the only remaning team is backzone meta surprisers. So it boils down to efficacy. And I'm only at the beginning of 4.x M GPs, there's no other tier going from here so efficacy gets even more crucial.

With this topic I just wanted to raise a question, does anyone consider the investment in secondary teams a waste? If not and besides the major dissapointment we are all experiencing about seperatist droids, they are not a dumpster fire either.
  • Lastly when I wrap up building them, they are obviously better used in offense. I will take down what I can sink my teeth in with them. Ns, Traya, Bh, dunno yet. First gotta need experience. Obviously they won't get my arena mods, so they won't even have a remote chance against either rebels or revan.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

bgniunyc6qw3.png

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but what are you trying to say?
    You think a grievous team is below average and easily countered by teams you don't need to clear the other teams?
    I'm not yet sure if i'm going to gear the grievous team, but by the looks of it it's definately an asset for tw/ga purposes. The only downsides that are keeping me from gearing/zeta-ing them is the 2 marquees and the rather hefty zeta requirements. But i think the grievous team is atleast on par with the other TW/GA teams like BH, FO, NS etc etc.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but what are you trying to say?
    You think a grievous team is below average and easily countered by teams you don't need to clear the other teams?
    I'm not yet sure if i'm going to gear the grievous team, but by the looks of it it's definately an asset for tw/ga purposes. The only downsides that are keeping me from gearing/zeta-ing them is the 2 marquees and the rather hefty zeta requirements. But i think the grievous team is atleast on par with the other TW/GA teams like BH, FO, NS etc etc.
  • No_Try wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

With this topic I just wanted to raise a question, does anyone consider the investment in secondary teams a waste? If not and besides the major dissapointment we are all experiencing about seperatist droids, they are not a dumpster fire either.

To me it depends on what you mean by secondary teams. For anyone who started late (let’s say 1.5/2+ years after release), the definition is not obvious. I would use the word « optional » because i think that’s what you mean. For example, i consider that my roster has not a single optional team in it. The closest would probably be my qi’ra team, and they are still g8-g9.
    I’ve been playing for 15-16 months and there is not a single team i worked on just because i wanted to. It would require me to go out of my way and slow down my overall growth so i don’t do it. It’s all about requirements, has been forever.

So i would guess what you call a secondary team is a team that you build not because of requirements. In that case i think the new GG team is interesting and strong enough. But the fact is i personally will not be building that team in 2019(Unless CG makes it yet another requirement^^) because it’s not useful enough to push me out of my current way. Maybe that’s what is upsetting people. They were hoping the new sep droids would be useful enough to allow them to work on the team without falling behind in the grand scheme of things.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JohnAran wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

To me it depends on what you mean by secondary teams. For anyone who started late (let’s say 1.5/2+ years after release), the definition is not obvious. I would use the word « optional » because i think that’s what you mean. For example, i consider that my roster has not a single optional team in it. The closest would probably be my qi’ra team, and they are still g8-g9.
    I’ve been playing for 15-16 months and there is not a single team i worked on just because i wanted to. It would require me to go out of my way and slow down my overall growth so i don’t do it. It’s all about requirements, has been forever.

So i would guess what you call a secondary team is a team that you build not because of requirements. In that case i think the new GG team is interesting and strong enough. But the fact is i personally will not be building that team in 2019(Unless CG makes it yet another requirement^^) because it’s not useful enough to push me out of my current way. Maybe that’s what is upsetting people. They were hoping the new sep droids would be useful enough to allow them to work on the team without falling behind in the grand scheme of things.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're saying you've only worked on teams that are a requirement to unlock legendary/journey toons and meta teams for arena (and that semi low geared qira team)?
    I'm just curious because that doesn't sound really enjoyable to me. I'm at 4m gp and have been playing for 3years, so it's hard for me to invision how newer players are doing it nowadays.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

bgniunyc6qw3.png

I mean anything that doesn't have an arena purpose, so yea (you can prefer to develop a lesser arena meta, I exclude that. But then that's not even possible these days xD). Currently this would be anything outside Rebels,Traya and Revan. I woe for the newer players, CG accelerated the game sooooo much that even I have only some windows to go outside of mandatory farming as day 1 player with a well developed roster. To give you a sense of what I'm talking about this is my current upgrade list:

z4mz9bqallmu.png

I know that I won't make it to Darth Gammorean if it gets released in the expected period (same as Revan). That gives me a good window to wrap up my back catalogue of development. From there I'll only develop not yet released toons and start hoarding for the next big thing (new raid with totally new sets of requirements, mythic raids etc.)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    forum spamfilter double post
    Post edited by leef on
  • leef wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're saying you've only worked on teams that are a requirement to unlock legendary/journey toons and meta teams for arena (and that semi low geared qira team)?
    I'm just curious because that doesn't sound really enjoyable to me. I'm at 4m gp and have been playing for 3years, so it's hard for me to invision how newer players are doing it nowadays.

Exactly this + akbar team for haat and currently wrapping up nightsisters for hstr after jtr and revan. It is frustrating and i’d really like to be able to take the time to work on side projects, but i’m a competitive player and i already make a huge compromise by staying loyal to my guild even though i could get much more ressources (and traya) by leaving it for a better one.

But my swgoh experience has basically been : phoenix > empire > cls > fo > jtr > bhs > jedi > ewoks > nighsisters. Fortunately i can still make use of underdeveloped side projects like qi’ra or imp troopers in tw/ga for example, and i’m not loosing hope to catch up and finally get to choose what i work on^^ CG new policy to increase significantly the gear requirements for legendary events hurt that a lot though.

bgniunyc6qw3.png

I mean anything that doesn't have an arena purpose, so yea (you can prefer to develop a lesser arena meta, I exclude that. But then that's not even possible these days xD). Currently this would be anything outside Rebels,Traya and Revan. I woe for the newer players, CG accelerated the game sooooo much that even I have only some windows to go outside of mandatory farming as day 1 player with a well developed roster. To give you a sense of what I'm talking about this is my current upgrade list:

I don’t know, for me technically any team you use in hstr/haat is a main team (basically requires zetas and omegas, g12, good mods...and is pretty much as mandatory as a good arena team). Any team that has been meta is not a « secondary » team either, or at least, wasn’t invested in as such (jtr, nightmare...), and that was your point/question right ? Do people invest in secondary teams.
    My clear answer : personally i don’t, because i feel i can’t. But if i was able to, GG would definitely be on my list, the team looks cool and i could definitely make use of it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

bgniunyc6qw3.png

Exactly this + akbar team for haat and currently wrapping up nightsisters for hstr after jtr and revan. It is frustrating and i’d really like to be able to take the time to work on side projects, but i’m a competitive player and i already make a huge compromise by staying loyal to my guild even though i could get much more ressources (and traya) by leaving it for a better one.

But my swgoh experience has basically been : phoenix > empire > cls > fo > jtr > bhs > jedi > ewoks > nighsisters. Fortunately i can still make use of underdeveloped side projects like qi’ra or imp troopers in tw/ga for example, and i’m not loosing hope to catch up and finally get to choose what i work on^^ CG new policy to increase significantly the gear requirements for legendary events hurt that a lot though.

bgniunyc6qw3.png

I don’t know, for me technically any team you use in hstr/haat is a main team (basically requires zetas and omegas, g12, good mods...and is pretty much as mandatory as a good arena team). Any team that has been meta is not a « secondary » team either, or at least, wasn’t invested in as such (jtr, nightmare...), and that was your point/question right ? Do people invest in secondary teams.
    My clear answer : personally i don’t, because i feel i can’t. But if i was able to, GG would definitely be on my list, the team looks cool and i could definitely make use of it.

Most of those I haven't invested as arena teams, i.e. never used Jtr in arena. Yeah if you are still building up a roster base to cover everything in the game you have to look for success in one than one area in a team. I'm basically over that hurdle until a new raid/mythic tier where I can indulge myself in things I favor. They still have to cut the line what I described as a secondary team.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Another one, this time the winner of the first match who played superbly on the other teams failed on this one similarly.

0xjilv4vtbhq.png
  • All the raging on the forum on how bad GG is must make ppl underestimate him;)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    All the raging on the forum on how bad GG is must make ppl underestimate him;)

Yeah and many won't bother to understand this team or even have much chance to play against it. So the surprise element will remain for a while I hope.
  • I am back in the top 150 by using this-
    Zgg lead, zvandor, zIg88, zl3, zzchewie
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    All the raging on the forum on how bad GG is must make ppl underestimate him;)

Yeah and many won't bother to understand this team or even have much chance to play against it. So the surprise element will remain for a while I hope.

@leef This is what I was trying to say^ lol.

But yeah, there is teams that can beat them on auto, like CLS squad. Underestimating teams in GA is how I love winning em' I use stuff like Zam leads and it always surprises people.

Gotta love getting in early on things or using things that work outside of the norm.